Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyfriend looks worse to me. Don't trust his surveillance footage. The system administrator can change some settings to throw off times etc. Her weird texts started right around when she supposedly left his house.

Will have to wait and see if he has a proper alibi.

Perhaps she decided to try again with her ex?

I also find it odd that the story quickly changed from she left her boyfriend's house for work and was never seen again to she was supposed to meet her jealous ex to get her kids and never showed up. All based on texts which her uncle suspects she didn't send.

Kinda seeing her ex as a fall guy here and this wasn't a stranger crime

The bf talks a lot and emphasizes how much he is helping police and how gaga he is about Crystal. But given that he's the last person to see her, he might just be petrified.

The bf talks a lot and emphasizes how much he is helping police and how gaga he is about Crystal. But given that he's the last person to see her, he might just be petrified.

It could be one of those cases where he has potentially inserted himself into the investigation so heavily to omit himself from being a suspect. Don't murderers often do that, or sometimes do that? Where they will be willing participants in searches for their victim, or even return to the scene of the crime. We don't seem to be talking about a serial killer here, but the Green River Killer comes to mind.

This seems like the boyfriend might be framing the ex-husband...

And the BF's jewelry store is on the way? Half way in between?
If I have the right addresses she would have to go out of her way to head to the jewelry store before heading to the EX/her home to be with the kids.

It is 18 miles from where her boyfriend lives to where her ex lives.

Does the boyfriend and ex know about one another?

It's possible that she took the photo of the sign at another time and sent the text in the morning. I do that a lot. I take a picture of something but don't text it or post it on FB until later.
But why send it to the BF? She had been with him the previous night and I think it would have come up and, naturally, he would have known about it before she saw it. Was this ad being put there a surprise?

Does the boyfriend and ex know about one another?

Hmm...I assumed bf knows about the ex, since he mentioned plans to meet the children...but now I'm not sure. Surely he knows where Crystal lives though, they had been seeing each other for 2 months.
Apparently ex didn't know about the bf, unless he very recently found out.

Some guy on the Missing CSM page said he went to search anyway. Saw an air boat and a regular boat with searchers. Lots of washed up garbage. Water is going down.
Someone asked if dogs were being used. He heard dogs barking, but didn't know.

Dreading tomorrow's search...

Is it a normal timeline to only have discovered the phone ping today?
Maybe she lost the phone or someone did. Charged it which is easy enough to find a charger these days. Once charged, it could have been powered on. Tada!. Once on I would imagine she has a locked screen or possibly her name or photo. This could be scary to find this phone which could be tied to a missing person and it's locked. What do you do?? PITCH IT!. Maybe that could be a reason. It no has power and switched on.

That was what I was thinking in the Michael Chambers case. You don't disconnect the phone, if found someone can charge it and turn it on. At least you may get a different ping or location.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

twitter page....family pic, her pride and joy...Oct 16. (she didn't have to post this if things were bad)
Their divorce was finalized last June?
What happened?

Here is one of the security pics and the billboard pic she texted the bf.

attachment.php
Is that the moon in the upper left of the billboard pic. I'm still catching up so my apologies if this jas been discussed. I have to reply as I see the posts or I forget.

Is that the moon in the upper left of the billboard pic. I'm still catching up so my apologies if this jas been discussed. I have to reply as I see the posts or I forget.

I thought it was a street light. Could be the moon though. I personally don't believe she took this picture that morning.

His entire interview is past tense when referring to Crystal. "We WERE both pretty happy", etc. interesting.

And he paid for a billboard ad with her on it after only knowing her for 2 months???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005