Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone (certainly not me) is saying the ex is innocent. We obviously don't know who did what. It could have been some random person, especially if she was doing an open house that day. We've seen other realtors go missing from such events in the past. At this point, everyone should be looked at very hard.
I was thinking that also.Her job would put her into contact with so many different men.She is very beautiful and with so many sexual predators out there someone could have fixated on her.Sadly if that was the case we may never know what happened to her.

I was thinking that also.Her job would put her into contact with so many different men.She is very beautiful and with so many sexual predators out there someone could have fixated on her.Sadly if that was the case we may never know what happened to her.
Right and she has been described by many as "sweet and loving" which is something a predator would surely try to take advantage of.

Well said! Thank you for your post. I agree. The boyfriend's behavior just doesn't seem that off to me, at all. They're ga-ga. Typical for a lot early relationships, imho. They're also being responsible in that, "Hey, we get along reallllly well and seem to really like each other — what's the best way to make the next step and introduce each other to the kids?"

Nbd. Unless you're the ex-husband, who is still living with his ex-wife. That, naturally — being human and all — would probably be quite frustrating. Especially if he felt he had any control over her or the relationship by "allowing" her to live with him. IMO

I honestly can't figure out why anyone thinks the BF is clingy. I don't see that evidence anywhere. Also, as to the statement of love I don't see that as odd either. Adults don't waste time as most don't have a lot of spare time between careers and children etc. if she was planning to take her uncle, kids and bf on a cruise a few days before her disappearance I have a feeling that they were most likely dating long before June, but out of respect to crystal he didn't want her to sound like it was when she was technically married. The uncle obviously knew and liked the bf or wouldn't vacation together and he was also with the uncle searching at the ping site. The ex was no where to be found. I don't buy the had the kids thing. There were plenty of people to occupy the kids so he could do everything possible, including trudging through dirty water in the dark to find the mother of his children , his wife according to him, if he was so inclined. He didn't. He didn't call LE even tho he was waiting for her since early AM to meet to give her the kids. His absolute silence is extremely concerning as well as lack of support from the uncle. The ex is a bullseye for me, and I don't exclude his not physically doing it but setting it up...just my opinion and speculation. He has the most to lose.
Her SM and public profile was all about the perfect family unit. In just a few days those pics of his kids were about to have vacation pics of the bf in them. She was obviously about to go public with her new life. Where did that leave him?

Well I'm sure LE by now has all her cell records and will be able to determine if she was meeting someone or where she last was.
Seems to me her assistant would know if she had a scheduled meeting, where and with whom.
However, if LE suspects either man in her life we aren't going to know much until they have ticked and tied and made an arrest. They are not going to give us "hints"
There were a lot of surveillance cameras from the BF house to that motel 6 I'm sure.
They also by now know exactly when the sign pic was taken etc.
It's just a waiting game now. I'm sure once the floods recede she will be recovered.

There is obviously moving video from the BF's house on media so he did supply videos to someone at some point but it is not IN PRINT or being talked about in media that he finally gave it to the detectives or when he gave it to them of he did. What we do know is that Hawthorne said he was going to get it the next day after that interview and now the media has some video.

Maybe she was meeting someone at the Motel 6 and it went bad....

I don't want to break the TOS. Are we allowed to comment about things we read about on the FB groups, or is that a big no-no?

We can not comment. Once someone becomes a suspect or POI then we can start discussing.

How do we know that the ex was not searching or not involved in finding Crystal? That he is silent doesn't necessarily mean he's not working closely with LE. He may be the type who is very private.

There are those who were very concerned about Heather Mounce's husband because he was so silent and not pleading for her safe return. After she was found it turned out that he was actually the one who found her on that cliff (just an example even though that case has a lot of questions)

Not to say the man was not involved in her disappearance, I just don't know. On both sides Ex and bf, there's much to pick apart and be suspicious about but these things may all have explanations. (I'm not on the closed FB pages though, so there may be a lot I'm not aware of, facts that may have much more factual substance)

I hope (expect) that there's much more that LE knows...stopping the ping site search was so sudden, there has to be a reason for example.
Maybe they do have something solid on one of them, or a third party and don't want to alert the perp.

Generally, we're not allowed. A page moderator or admin can approve something on a case-by-case basis, however. You can DM a mod, or flag your own post (the red triangle in the left/bottom corner if you're on a web browser) to ask a mod a specific question about what you want to post.

Here are some of our forum rules. Hope this helps, Lucky!

general

social media

I don't want to break the TOS. Are we allowed to comment about things we read about on the FB groups, or is that a big no-no?

Yesssssssss. This is possible. What if she was picking someone up for an opening/closing/showing she had planned that day? Oh, man. That's a terrifying thought.

Maybe she was meeting someone at the Motel 6 and it went bad....

Can't be the moon. The moon would have been below the horizon.

attachment.php
But do we know for sure that photo was taken at the time she sent it? Especially given the way the photos looked in the condo. That photo only shows the time she "supposedly" sent it correct? So she could have taken the photo previously. Maybe not, but that is not a street light. There are no more around anywhere. Oh, well.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

If you can’t discuss it, then don’t hint at what it is you can’t discuss.

Also, next person to sleuth the bf or the ex gets a WS vacation.

Please don’t encourage members to visit other sites to view “rumor”. As much as folks get warned, sure as guns someone just can’t resist and brings the rumor here against TOS which ends up wreaking havoc with the thread and for the Mods.

:tyou:

Motives....between the two guys in her life who has a motive?
Imo EX motive is self explanatory....maybe even crime of passion

BF? I can't think of any. She's posting how happy she is, defriending the ex, and thankful the BF is willing to help her business by advertising for her using a store sign. What's his motive? They are single, leaving on a trip together etc.

I'm sure we can come up with a million motives for a third party....stalking, past dates that didn't work out, clients, random etc. those are easy. But how did she come into contact with them is harder. In order to answer that we need the cell tower or surveillance info from her journey from BF to EX.

It sounds to me like Hawthorne was having trouble getting the full video from the BF if you really read into what he says and how he says it. And I find it fishy that the BF provides the stills to the media and not to the detectives at that point in the investigation. And do we know if he has provided what the detectives want from him as of now?
Do you think he could have stated he was providing video, the police think thatbis what he has done. They videos then could have been erased? Either way they can recover those if he has those connected to his computer I guess. It just appeared odd that he would run right down and Do that, instead of letting the police go to the condo for some reason. Then they potentially could have seen what happens after, or exactly where he was. Something bothers me about that whole video.

If boyfriend was able to get into system to provide media with stills and then later video footage... would it be safe to say he had as much access as the provider would have had?

In my non-expert opinion, the answer would seem to be yes. I can't imagine any security company wouldn't allow direct access to log-in and check your cameras, history, etc, whenever you wanted. I would think that would be downloadable as well to your personal computer, for example, while the security company would maintain the original digital file.

The only limitation I could see would be if you're using a phone to check. I think he would have been able to screenshot on his phone while watching the video, but that would probably be as much as he could do on a phone. So maybe he screenshotted the video while viewing on his phone and gave those to police.

I could be wrong, but I can't for the life of me think that a security company would prevent a client from downloading footage. So I'd have to think that is possible.

But do we know for sure that photo was taken at the time she sent it? Especially given the way the photos looked in the condo. That photo only shows the time she "supposedly" sent it correct? So she could have taken the photo previously. Maybe not, but that is not a street light. There are no more around anywhere. Oh, well.

Maybe it wasn't taken then, but the night before. BF said in his interview they were out that night and had to go back to the store to get his car. I'm thinking he surprised her with it that night and she then took a pic.
Then as she is happily driving back to her ex house she is thinking about it and wants to thank him and also share with the uncle since it was a cool gesture on his part.
I'm not sure when it was taken matters, but where her phone pinged when she did send it matters.

What if she was pregnant?
Interesting thought... I would think if she were pregnant and any of the men in her life knew about it, that would have been shared. I feel like an expectant mother gone missing would be an even bigger "story" to a media outlet than a missing mother. If anything, the possibility of a (presumably unplanned) pregnancy could be a motive for her to disappear willingly for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches