Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard what, if anything ...was found in her car? Specifically, her bag? If it wasn't found in her car, I find that curious. Could mean she got out of the car with it, but where? Or whoever has her or took her.. they needed that bag to disappear as well? It supposedly or possibly had BF's laptop or something similar in it. Anyone know anything that I may have missed ?

We know the black bag she had with her was not found at the EX's house.

We do not know what was found in her car.

About the black dress and the pink/purple dress. They are two different dresses. Or a coat (the black) and a dress (the pink). One is long sleeve, the other (the pink) is sleeveless. Even though the photos of her in black are darker, you can still make out contrasts of color. Like her face is obviously lighter than the black dress. So her arms should be as well IF she is wearing the pink dress. But she's not. She's wearing a very dark long sleeve dress or coat. And then later she's wearing a sleeveless pink dress. There's no way (IMO) that they are the same dress in both stills.

Yes. It is listed as the last time she is seen on camera on the PI's website.

I'm not super impressed by that PI firm for several reasons. The errors and typos on the page they made her were ridiculous. Several people had to report it, and instead of being thankful, they were incredibly rude. This is IMPORTANT. The info needs to be correct.

It's still messed up - the "media" is in the "about" section and vice versa.

Sigh .. I really hope they know what they are doing.

https://www.bringcrystalhome.com/about

Yes! This; all of it. Great first post, and welcome to Websleuths!

:loveyou:
I've been lurking for days and thought I'd finally register so I could be a part of the discussion. I live in Houston, TX and I have yet to see Crystal on the local news. I've learned more about her disappearance here than anywhere else!

Here are some random thoughts I have. I realize they are scattered all over the place:

1) Looking at the stills, I think it's very possible she is wearing the same dress in both pictures. In the one where she appears to be wearing a black dress, just look at her hair, skin, and the wall behind her. It's all dark. In the one with her in a lilac dress, you can make out her face and blonde hair. So it seems more like a lighting/exposure issue than anything else. I find it pretty hard to believe that the boyfriend would be stupid enough to grab two stills of her in different colored dresses and hope that no one notices. Isn't it more logical that there is an innocent explanation? I'm sure we could all replicate this effect by photographing one of our own pieces of clothing in different areas of our house--say, in a room that faces east and another one that faces south.

2) I don't think that the boyfriend saying "if you can" rather than "when you can" is anything to fuss over. Saying "if" is basically implying "if you're not busy."

3) Someone pages back made the argument that she wouldn't have been able to see the LED sign from the road, but if you look at the pictures of his business on yelp, it clearly shows the sign next to the road.

4) I don't think it's fair to judge him on how lovey dovey/clingy he appears. For all we know he and Crystal were friends long before their decision to make their relationship official. I think a lot of people are assuming that they met and started dating within the last two months.

5) <modsnip>

I guess I'm just surprised by all the boyfriend hate on here. Hopefully you guys don't think I'm a shill. lol.

<modsnip>

I do have a lot of questions that I hope are answered though. Like, why would Crystal need to go there and get her kids in the first place? If they were originally supposed to be in school (before it was cancelled), why couldn't the ex just bring them? If the ex did something to her, where were the kids? Did he leave them at home asleep and trick Crystal into meeting him somewhere close to the motel where her car was found? Did the ex go into work that day at all, and did he bring the kids with them? If so, what time?

I recognize how it's a little odd for me to defend the boyfriend and then jump right into suspecting the ex, but I feel like these are really easy questions that would rule him out immediately if we just knew the answers.

Just read an article from the baytown sun.

It said that she had an opening and a closing at 2 pm. She talked to her uncle on the phone Friday morning and told him. We don't have a phone call time but that may be where 7:03 is coming from.

Thinking the uncle only trusts himself, which is smart.

The ex may not have worried too much cause she likely often got busy with clients for work. He was probably used to her being late. Real estate life is a bit unpredictable.

Her uncle may have been in contact with her ex before he got worried enough to report her missing himself. The uncle reported her missing Saturday morning but may have talked to her ex Friday afternoon while trying to locate her. This is why I don't think it's too weird that her ex didn't report it.

Anybody in RE know what an opening is? I've never heard of it.

What time was phone call to uncle? Seems like that would be important, if she actually spoke to him. Before or after 7:03?

So if Uncle Jeff talked to her and actually heard her voice that morning, it makes me feel much better about BF. I wish we had some info about other security cameras. Like from that Exxon station or from the motel.

1. She is wearing 2 different dresses. One black and one light purple.

2. He sent the stills to the media before he even sent them to LE. The sheriff even commented that sending them (LE) was not enough. They needed the whole video.

3. They have only been dating for 2 months and he speaks as if he has been dating her for years.

Jmo

So what do you think happened here? I get that you think he took images from a different day, but why do you think he'd present images of her wearing two different dresses? Do you think he just didn't notice or something? lol. I mean, if he was trying to cover up what he did that morning I imagine his first goal would be to make sure she's at least wearing the same thing in both pictures.

As for number 3, just because they've only been dating for 2 months (which just so happens to coincide with her divorce) doesn't mean that's when they met. They could have been good friends before that. Perhaps he loved her from afar and wanted to do the right thing by waiting until the divorce was final. Who knows.

Why is LE being so tight lipped about all of this? I get that it still being investigated, but a lot of the time LE will at least have a presser to say what's going on. At the very least, say they are working hard on it. Especially with a case that has become this high profile. Is it odd that there are not more organized searches? That they have not told us about getting camera footage from places between the BFs house and the EXs house? BF has cameras at the jewelry store - they would be able to see if she drove by and took a photo of the sign, and if so - what time.

It's all very strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said in an interview that she was wearing a black dress but then he shows photos of her wearing a light purple dress.

Yes there was video of her driving away and leaving the house. One of the 2 private Facebook groups mentioned it. I'm sure that's part of the reason the LE said the boyfriend want a suspect. There's video of him on the house after she left and at his job.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for this. I should try to join that FB group.

My guess is they're swamped and exhausted (Harvey, recovery, etc.). I bet they've dedicated detectives to this case; it's just not a priority to hold press briefings. We know they helped coordinate searches with groups over the weekend, they they've been in touch with boyfriend and family, etc.

I'm just impatient for more info, too.

Why is LE being so tight lipped about all of this? I get that it still being investigated, but a lot of the time LE will at least have a presser to say what's going on. At the very least, say they are working hard on it. Especially with a case that has become this high profile. Is it odd that there are not more organized searches? That they have not told us about getting camera footage from places between the BFs house and the EXs house? BF has cameras at the jewelry store - they would be able to see if she drove by and took a photo of the sign, and if so - what time.

It's all very strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then why did the boyfriend only send in still if there is video of her leaving the house?

I have seen missing posts floating around SM and some say "pink to purple" dress while others say "black". I think lighting is to blame for the 2 different colors, but I am certainly no expert on security cameras.

Then why did the boyfriend only send in still if there is video of her leaving the house?
Everything was a video. He took stills from the video.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes, you've mentioned that several times; many of us also believe it could be a purple dress and the very low lighting and poor video quality makes it appear darker. I don't think anyone will know for sure unless they've seen the actual unedited video. IMO, MOO, etc.

He said in an interview that she was wearing a black dress but then he shows photos of her wearing a light purple dress.

From Banfield interview

Here's a link to the transcripts from the show. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1708/31/ptab.01.html
Ooops...I fail at quoting...

HAWTHORNE: Absolutely. But before we move on, let`s talk about the video little more. One of our concerns is he was very forthcoming with the

detectives today and he was going to send us this information because obviously last night, you remember you had this information before he

turned it over to detectives.

My concern is, we need the whole video. We don`t need the pictures that he`s produced to you or now to us. We want the whole video. So, in the

morning, we will get with him. You know, he doesn`t seem to mind and he was very forthcoming with us. So we just need to get the server from his video

system or go to the provider or we can get it from the provider.

The sheriff states in this interview that he did not have the full video only the stills. He says he will go get the video the following day, which would have been 9/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur