Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just noticing something I didn't before.
In the still with CM in the pink dress, there looks to be a chair or something in front of her, starting at her knee and IT IS THE SAME COLOR AS HER DRESS! That's odd. It's like whatever that is, is picking up the greenish and tannish color of the walls and the pink of her dress.. what in the world?
Looks like more brown to me. It has light bouncing off of it. I see what you mean though. I just mirrored it on my TB with a larger screen and it's brown. Very bad quality camera if you ask me. If someone broke in to rob him with photo quality we've seen and the amount of back and forth on this thread, you would have a hard time figuring out anything. I hope he considers upgrading. This is bad.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I have a few questions please since I havent been able to read all of the articles.

Did the ex-husband contest the divorce?

Did he go to work that morning, and if so, when? Did he bring the children with him?

Is there outside camera footage from the b/fs home that shows Crystal leaving?

The b/f said he had been a target before giving the reason for inside cameras so did someone try to rob him in the past?

We do have inside and outside cameras with our security system but we do not activate the inside cameras when we are inside of our home due to protecting our own privacy. They are activated when we are away.

TIA
Early it was reported it was uncontested divorce this time. Ex had a text asking her to just pick up the kids from his work place after she did not arrive. (Supposedly). I figure he must have went on with his day maybe calling someone to pick up the kids and he resumed his day not giving it much thought. As far as I know there have been no photos of her outside. If there are they haven't made it to media yet. This is only what I recall from this threads earlier posts. I am not part of either closed groups, so what I know is what I have read here.

Seconds 49-51 show the dress. And that it is broad daylight outside.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...AMhwRvfNS8lmBZYEow9-UZZp74-3g-Nah0ZAPI8rWUY_M

The way that story is set up, it makes it seem like a fact that she was going to head to Dallas. Or, at least, it makes it sound like that isn't disputed. The anchor says that was her plan, then plays the boyfriend saying that she sent a text a few minutes later saying road conditions were good.

Is it just the tv program drawing the conclusion that good road conditions made her change her mind, or has the boyfriend maybe confirmed the Dallas plan was legit?

Also, her outfit definitely looks black to me. But, I still think it could be a raincoat.

What we know (or think we know) so far. Feel free to add/remove anything.

Boyfriend:

-They made it official less than 2 months ago
-They were supposed to go on a cruise together
-He (at least) was already in the "I love you" phase
-She spent the night at his house at least once
-They were keeping the relationship a secret
-He had yet to meet her kids
-He has security cameras set up at his home that captured Crystal the morning she went missing
-Supposedly, there is footage of him in the house after Crystal left, and more footage of him at work. If so, he has an alibi.
-He has been very present in the media
-Some speculate he's trying to get ahead of the investigation
-Some speculate the stills of Crystal aren't from that day
-Some speculate Crystal may have told him things were moving too fast and he snapped
-Some find it very odd that he was giving her an old laptop, phone, etc. As if he was attempting to control her.

Ex-Husband:
-Divorce made official in June
-Didn't tell anyone on his side of the family about the divorce
-Made an agreement with Crystal to continue to appear happy on social media, for business reasons
-Was continuing to live/co-parent with Crystal while her townhouse was renovated
-Lives in a relatively new development with lots of construction still going on. Cameras everywhere to prevent the theft of equipment
-Had purchased another townhouse with Crystal, apparently to sell (?)
-Texted her the night before she went missing to tell her that their daughter was hoping to see her before bed
-Responded to her text in the morning and said they didn't have water
-Texted her later to ask how much longer it would be until she arrived
-Texted her again to tell her to pick the kids up at his work
-Called work to tell his boss he'd be later, told to stay home because of the storm
-Texted Crystal hours later to say the dishwasher had arrived
-Unclear where his children were through all of this. If they were awake and with him the whole time, he has an alibi
-Some think it's weird that he's taken a backseat during this investigation
-According to the uncle, ex once warned Crystal that she'll never leave him or their home; according to Crystal's texts with a friend, she believed her ex was taking advantage of her

Crystal:
-Broke agreement with ex to appear happy on social media by deleting photos and blocking him
-Had recently posted on Facebook saying that she's the happiest she's ever been in her life
-Seemingly felt comfortable enough around the ex to continue to live with him
-Possibly stopped somewhere on the way to the ex's house to get water
-Car was found in a motel parking lot
-Some people were saying they received texts from her as late as 11:30-12:30

Third party?:
-If Crystal stopped to get water, she could have been accosted by someone
-Did Crystal meet a client at the hotel?

I've a few accidents a head trauma and broke my back last month and I like things neat and tidy I actually have OCD and my husband is the complete opposite and I'm dying inside right now because there's just not enough space everything is out nothin is put up there's trash there's just no space and I can't breathe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no, I am so sorry to read this Tssiemer. I hope and pray you recover and be good as new very soon. I have terrible back issues myself that surgery cant help. It has really changed my life when it started in August 2003 and has grown much worse since then.

I most likely have OCD too but my adorable hubby has always picked up after himself and he helps me in so many ways due to my severe back issues even though he works a full time job. He always comes in after a long day and asks me if I need help doing anything but he has always been like that. Many times he just does chores that he knows is very hard for me to do without ever asking me. I am so thankful and blessed to be married to a husband who is very giving, loving, thoughtful, kind, and caring and has been for over 33 years now. He is just the type of man who believes in giving 200% of himself in whatever he does, whether it is on the job, being a great husband, or father/grandfather and to anyone who may be in need.

Please keep us updated on your recovery and I wish you the very best.

Early it was reported it was uncontested divorce this time. Ex had a text asking her to just pick up the kids from his work place after she did not arrive. (Supposedly). I figure he must have went on with his day maybe calling someone to pick up the kids and he resumed his day not giving it much thought. As far as I know there have been no photos of her outside. If there are they haven't made it to media yet. This is only what I recall from this threads earlier posts. I am not part of either closed groups, so what I know is what I have read here.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. If the divorce wasn't contested, and I guess I should have known that since it went through so quickly, I really don't see a reason or motive for her ex harming her. That opinion can change though as more info comes forth directly from LE only. It isn't unheard of for divorce couples to remain close friend even long after they are divorced.

I actually don't read any of the information put out on close groups such as FB or even open posts. It tends to be a lot of rumor gossiping without any evidence to back the posts up. Anyone can say anything online unfortunately whether its true or not on social media.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my questions.

IMO

If the ex did harm her, he would have to drive his car to where she was, get into her car and ditch his car on the side of the road.

Jmo

What we know (or think we know) so far. Feel free to add/remove anything.

Boyfriend:

-They made it official less than 2 months ago
-They were supposed to go on a cruise together
-He (at least) was already in the "I love you" phase
-She spent the night at his house at least once
-They were keeping the relationship a secret
-He had yet to meet her kids
-He has security cameras set up at his home that captured Crystal the morning she went missing
-Supposedly, there is footage of him in the house after Crystal left, and more footage of him at work. If so, he has an alibi.
-He has been very present in the media
-Some speculate he's trying to get ahead of the investigation
-Some speculate the stills of Crystal aren't from that day
-Some speculate Crystal may have told him things were moving too fast and he snapped
-Some find it very odd that he was giving her an old laptop, phone, etc. As if he was attempting to control her.

Ex-Husband:
-Divorce made official in June
-Didn't tell anyone on his side of the family about the divorce
-Made an agreement with Crystal to continue to appear happy on social media, for business reasons
-Was continuing to live/co-parent with Crystal while her townhouse was renovated
-Lives in a relatively new development with lots of construction still going on. Cameras everywhere to prevent the theft of equipment
-Had purchased another townhouse with Crystal, apparently to sell (?)
-Texted her the night before she went missing to tell her that their daughter was hoping to see her before bed
-Responded to her text in the morning and said they didn't have water
-Texted her later to ask how much longer it would be until she arrived
-Texted her again to tell her to pick the kids up at his work
-Called work to tell his boss he'd be later, told to stay home because of the storm
-Texted Crystal hours later to say the dishwasher had arrived
-Unclear where his children were through all of this. If they were awake and with him the whole time, he has an alibi
-Some think it's weird that he's taken a backseat during this investigation
-According to the uncle, ex once warned Crystal that she'll never leave him or their home; according to Crystal's texts with a friend, she believed her ex was taking advantage of her

Crystal:
-Broke agreement with ex to appear happy on social media by deleting photos and blocking him
-Had recently posted on Facebook saying that she's the happiest she's ever been in her life
-Seemingly felt comfortable enough around the ex to continue to live with him
-Possibly stopped somewhere on the way to the ex's house to get water
-Car was found in a motel parking lot
-Some people were saying they received texts from her as late as 11:30-12:30

Third party?:
-If Crystal stopped to get water, she could have been accosted by someone
-Did Crystal meet a client at the hotel?

Thanks for this summary. This is definitely an unusual situation. Hopefully police will be able to nail down some more specifics about location and last phone usage soon.

So in my RE office we are told to get a photocopy of any new client's driver's license and make sure someone knows who we are meeting, where we are meeting them, and will check in when we are done (or bring a second Realtor). We also require they have lender pre-approval (or proof of funds if paying in cash). Most new client meetings happen in the office, not at the listing. I just don't see her meeting a client at a hotel or gas station, especially without telling someone. We have so many safety procedures in our office. I see her being a bit more savvy than the average person between her family history of coming from Real Estate Agents. And from her training as a flight attendant. I am 99% certain whoever had a hand in her disappearance is someone she knows and trusts.

Also, unless the ex called her, he never did tell her he changed his plans to go to work at PBP with the kids, and that he would be at home instead.

Maybe the girl in black isn't Crystal?

I'm not so sure she is wearing black. Look at the color of her hair--the camera and lighting have made it very dark. I'm wondering if he used his phone to take photos of the security video which reduced the quality even more.

And from the way this video is moving (starts at 1:10), it looks like he used his phone to capture it as well

[video=youtube;6ww6lUZvg5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ww6lUZvg5Y[/video]

I'm not so sure she is wearing black. Look at the color of her hair--the camera and lighting have made it very dark. I'm wondering if he used his phone to take photos of the security video which reduced the quality even more.

And from the way this video is moving (starts at 1:10), it looks like he used his phone to capture it as well

Too shaky to be a CCT camera

I just don't understand how there's not more of a lead from the car. Where did the people get it? Why did they have it? Where did it come from? Was her stuff in there? Did it have gas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, your post.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I analyze light direction and how it affects images for a living. Those stills are definitely not showing the same attire. (IMO)

The thing about the BF is that he is putting all this info out.. unless he knows she is gone, isn't he worried about how she would react to putting all of her business out there? Also wonder if she was aware of the cameras at his home

The thing about the BF is that he is putting all this info out.. unless he knows she is gone, isn't he worried about how she would react to putting all of her business out there? Also wonder if she was aware of the cameras at his home

If I was the BF, I would be verbal too unless I had a reason to be quiet from a lawyer's advice. If you have nothing to hide, spill it and he seems to be doing that. Most of these cases bring out the worst in some ppl who zero in on a person and ruin them on social media with out any proof of guilt.

All the dress talk reminds me of that gold or blue dress test that was all over the internet a couple years ago. I think *if* she had something black on top of the pink/purple dress it could've been because the AC in buildings almost requires it to be comfortable.

I am still hoping that Crystal has taken off to clear her head and will return, but logically it's likely something else. I'm going back to reading since there are no facts to back my opinions.
Yes, I agree. Changed my mind when her car was found at Motel backed in.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member