Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, not what I expected at all. Looks like a dumpy area, that street looks worse than ours here in Michigan that heave from the freeze in winter. For some reason I had it pictured to be an upscale real estate company with a nice posh office, and "curb appeal" as they say in the RE world. I guess I was going by the fancy car, her glamorous appearance, etc. One more reminder to me that things aren't always as they appear.

As for the pink dress. She was wearing it the night before. She ultimately left in a black dress for the day, the next morning. Maybe she just slipped back into her already worn dress to get ready in the morning. Most women don't put on black before doing their makeup and hair (especially long blonde hair) because every strand that falls loose as you are doing your hair, every drifting powder from makeup, etc. that ends up on a black dress must be cleaned off. She likely got herself ready for the day and changed into the black dress last thing before leaving. Fresh and clean and ready for her day. Poor lady. I hope they find her soon.

Maybe? I thought that in the video it seemed like she was walking toward a bedroom or something in the pink dress and walked back out of that room in the black dress.

The Sheriff might be saying nice things and saying they have no suspects because they don't want to spook the suspect. If it's the boyfriend who did it I would want to keep him calm and talking as long as I could so he doesn't lawyer up.

Wow, not what I expected at all. Looks like a dumpy area, that street looks worse than ours here in Michigan that heave from the freeze in winter. For some reason I had it pictured to be an upscale real estate company with a nice posh office, and "curb appeal" as they say in the RE world. I guess I was going by the fancy car, her glamorous appearance, etc. One more reminder to me that things aren't always as they appear.

As for the pink dress. She was wearing it the night before. She ultimately left in a black dress for the day, the next morning. Maybe she just slipped back into her already worn dress to get ready in the morning. Most women don't put on black before doing their makeup and hair (especially long blonde hair) because every strand that falls loose as you are doing your hair, every drifting powder from makeup, etc. that ends up on a black dress must be cleaned off. She likely got herself ready for the day and changed into the black dress last thing before leaving. Fresh and clean and ready for her day. Poor lady. I hope they find her soon.
She was wearing that pink and purple dress the night before? That is interesting.

I'm a woman and throughout my entire career I've worked mostly with engineers and construction workers. I have many male friends and only one woman friend who happens to be my best friend.

Thanks, that makes sense for you, but CM's chosen career fields should have been dominated by women. :dunno:

Just looks like a big purse to me too. I guess it's significant because her purse wasn't found in her car as far as we know? :dunno:
You're probably right that it's just because it's missing along with her, but I keep wondering if there might be more to it than that. BF seems to think the computer he gave her was in the purse. I don't know if I buy that because laptops are heavy and she seems to kind of dangle that purse from her hand in some shots like it doesn't weigh much. I guess I'm just reading too much into it.

Someone please tell me if I can't post this!! I seem to do that often ;(

So I'm a Realtor and I have managed a law firm for the past 18 years. With that stated, I signed up for the Harris County Clerk records. It was an uncontested divorce with children, filed Feb 21, 2017, judgement date June 2, 2017. There was a prove up hearing on May 16 (Prove up-A Texas prove up is a short hearing to present testimony to the Judge on an uncontested issue or an agreement between the parties. ... If the prove up hearing is being used at the end of the divorce to enter an agreed final decree usually only one party and their attorney will appear in court.)

Cyrstal filed, she had an attorney, Steve waived service and has no attorney listed.The final was listed as an uncontested divorce.

Well it looks like she was wearing a black pantsuit in the photo taken in the real estate office at 2:22 pm CDT. I suppose she could have changed into a dress at some point but I don't know why she would need to.

Note: I am obviously gender challenged in understanding such things.

Does anyone think it was possible she was suicidal?

Hi everyone,

Thank you for being here for Crystal.

Websleuths really needs your help at this time. Please consider giving if at all possible.

https://www..com/websleuths

:tyou:

There is no pink dress. The camera makes the black look pink

You're probably right that it's just because it's missing along with her, but I keep wondering if there might be more to it than that. BF seems to think the computer he gave her was in the purse. I don't know if I buy that because laptops are heavy and she seems to kind of dangle that purse from her hand in some shots like it doesn't weigh much. I guess I'm just reading too much into it.

it's a surface pro and weighs 2 pounds

There is no pink dress. The camera makes the black look pink

On the Ashleigh Banfield show tonight they showed her in a long pink dress the night before. It was from his security system. They walked into a dark kitchen and he turned on the light. She has on a pink (or light purple, but it could be an in-between, orchid I guess) dress with a cut out back. She is carrying a bag over her shoulder.

FWIW, AB's constant bringing it up is annoying me too. In her first show, she had this big idea that the black bag was the same one found at the ex-husband's house with real estate papers in it (which I guess would prove she made it to the ex's house) but the Sheriff squashed that idea and said the "bag" found at the ex's place was a briefcase type bag without a shoulder strap. AB calls this bag a "duffle bag" but I have not heard that word out of anyone else's mouth. Boyfriend said it was her overnight bag and possibly "Coach brand" which is a brand of purse. I think it's just her purse she and she keeps some clothes in it when she stays overnight. I agree, AB seems to not want to let this go for some reason.

On the Ashleigh Banfield show tonight they showed her in a long pink dress the night before. It was from his security system. They walked into a dark kitchen and he turned on the light. She has on a pink (or light purple, but it could be an in-between, orchid I guess) dress with a cut out back. She is carrying a bag over her shoulder.

It just looks pink. The infrared cameras make black things look pink

One thing I noticed on the GMA clip is the frame doesn't move as much as on other ones we have seen so possibly this was not video of the video like others? Also I think I was mistaken about her having long sleeves on in the black outfit inside video. I can see her arms are bare in the GMA video. JMO.
Hmm. That does make me think twice. It's definitely clearer but I'm just on my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Does anyone think it was possible she was suicidal?

No, not me.

I'm thinking about that motel again. Are the room doors on the outside or does it have halls? Fire escape stairs? What if she did go to a room, some stalker supposedly from out of town moving there and contacting her that morning, wanted to see a house. She met him at his door. She ended up inside and something bad happened and he forced her out to his own car. No one saw a thing. Or maybe those mysterious witnesses at least saw her when she arrived.

I know....kind of improbable, in daylight no less. Trying to think of alternative scenarios.

Still, has LE thoroughly checked the place, fire stairs if any, guests who left the same day etc.

Few things:

What is BBM? I keep seeing it everywhere, but all I can think of is big bowel movement. lol. :shame:

I think it's smart for the sheriff to play it cool about the bf and ex not being suspects. You don't want them to lawyer up or pull a Scott Peterson.

As for the dumpy real estate office, that's basically what all of the greater Houston area looks like lol. Concrete and strip centers. And more concrete. And more strip centers.

Lastly, I'm not totally sure, but I imagine that any cruise she took with bf/kids/uncle would have have left from Galveston? If so, they often have short little 4 days cruises. If they left on Friday, Monday would have been a holiday. Some of those cruises are geared toward kids, most just have one short day in Mexico.

Just wanted to thank the people from Equusearch Texas for searching for Crystal! These people are true angels and heroes!

It just looks pink. The infrared cameras make black things look pink

I'm telling you, it is a different dress. The black one she is seen wearing when leaving is a spaghetti strap with a solid back. The pink one in the kitchen is a sleeveless and has a cut out back. For the sake of argument, say they are both black, but it's two different dresses. Of that I am positive.
ETA: There are plenty of things that look black in that kitchen. One being the ice maker in the door of the fridge.

I'm watching the Ashley Banfield show now (I DVR'd it) and she is interviewing yet ANOTHER male friend of Crystal. This friend (TK) last heard from Crystal on Thursday before she disappeared when she texted him to wished him a happy birthday, calling him handsome and tell him she loved him. She also had previously told TK how happy she was with her new boyfriend. Maybe this is just, me but does anyone else think it's strange how many very close male friends she had that she talked to about very personal affairs? She didn't tell her ex-husband about her boyfriend (according to texts with the other male friend) but she told these two other guys all about the boyfriend. This is not meant to be a derogatory in anyway, I'm just trying to understand her personality and the people around her that are speaking. Was she telling these other men about the boyfriend to try to let them down easily or was she someone who usually had closer relationships with men than women? Are these male friends just seeking their 15 minutes or what? Where are all her female friends and coworkers? :thinking: (Please don't throw things at me, lol :tomato:)

I think she took power in men falling for her...she's very flirty and doesn't seem to keep the lines from blurring...i mean she's never met brad and it's a business contact yet somehow from referring clients she got to the point of confessing things virtually no one in her life knew...
I think she never wanted to be in that marriage hence the first divorce. I did the math at the beginning of this case and I'm fairly certain she got pregnant and called off the divorce. I don't think 10 years made her any happier......

J.M.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member