Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car in the driveway looks silver in color to me.

YES. This is the only reason I have implicated the ex-husband. It seems we have a lot of the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am in the minority here clearly, because that means not a lot to me. If she were driving, maybe he called her instead of text. My husband does that if he has something important to say instead of text. My car has bluetooth so I can hands free talk and answer my phone. We have done that quite often. We don't have phone logs yet. And yes.. we text most often but will call so the other can respond. If he thought she was on her way to his work, so she could just come home instead of driving there.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

On Wed. night's Primetime Justice this is what the sheriff said in regards to the security footage provided by BF.

That is not the same as saying 100% verified in my opinion.

Ok. I agree with you not 100 percent but it is way more than what anyone else has offered up.

If the BF is guilty why give those videos to anyone?

I am in the minority here clearly, because that means not a lot to me. If she were driving, maybe he called her instead of text. My husband does that if he has something important to say instead of text. My car has bluetooth so I can hands free talk and answer my phone. We have done that quite often. We don't have phone logs yet. And yes.. we text most often but will call so the other can respond. If he thought she was on her way to his work, so she could just come home instead of driving there.

If she had not shown up to pick up the kids, why didn't he call her and keep texting to see what happened?

IMO the Uncle is the only one concerned enough to worry about her.

It is called NFC which stands for near field communications, when two devices are in close proximity, however not to be confused with Bluetooth, although similar, completely different

Apple mainly uses NFC for Apple pay, not sure what all else can be done with NFC on Apple but headphones can be tappped, photos can be shared and so on with other devices. For the record, I have never tried NFC for headphones, I always use Bluetooth, perhaps I may have to give it a try.
I can't get it to work as successfully as my hubs can. Lol.
I may check into whether he can tap into my messages. I keep some in my hidden messages that require a password or thumbprint. ( And no... no secret romance, usually Christmas or gift stuff and sometimes credit card info until I can process them then I delete. Lol.)

Hopefully I can check if email and messages can share on my phone.

LE has confirmed all the timestamps to be in sync with his account.

Can you please provide a link to this information since it is being stated as a fact? I haven't seen this said, but I may have missed it.

He appeared irritated when two texts were sent. I think one said, "are you almost here" and just pick them up at PNP. To me, it seemed he was not happy.

The next text that day was about the dishwasher. A person can take that info and arrive at that type of conclusion.

I think that is a massive reach and it's unfair to assign emotion to him from a text that was just asking a basic question. I ask my ex this every time he is (allegedly) coming to get my daughter because he is simply unreliable and how else will I know if he is close by?

If Crystal made it to her ex's house, wouldn't her phone ping there? Is there any information saying her phone pinged at his/their house? I thought it pinged near a park or something.

Link to where LE has confirmed all of this?
It was in one of the interviews with the sheriff - not positive if it was HLN, Nancy Grace or Nightline.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I didn't see where there was already secrecy and deception going on. But, I agree we don't have all the info and most the time we don't get all the info in the beginning.

I'm positive and hopeful that this will not drag on for months. Hopefully, LE is very close to figuring it all out.

It may be helpful to get completely caught up on the thread first. Some of the posts you are replying to are 2-3 days old and have been disected in great detail, clarified, etc. (like the post about her family going in her car. We knew that days ago). Not trying to be snarky.

Some random thoughts here from a recently divorced mom , dating and dealing with an ex.
I can easily believe that crystal would not be forthcoming with ex about the fact that she and kids have decided to stay with new bf for weekend, instead of heading to Dallas. I don't see it as much of a deception but as a "none of his business anymore" reasoning.
I'm not going to judge her for how she was wading through this new territory. My ex definitely doesn't not know every detail about where my kids and I go when I have them. It's just not always his business.
However, a hurricane was coming so I'm sure she was going to tell him at some point where they would be. They are still his children and he has a right to know that. She just hasn't figured out how or when to tell him at that point maybe? Maybe waiting to do it in person or after she picked the kids up?

As for how long she had been dating this new guy, it's really common, although not a fun situation, for two people in a divorce to stay together in the house until all the paperwork and new housing stuff for the one moving out to get settled. So, even though they were still in the same house sometimes, they could have been NOT together as a couple for a very long time prior. I could not leave my house for 10 months after we decided to divorce due to property division and things like that. My attorney advised me NOT to go anywhere until everything was signed and done. So it really doesn't seem too strange to me that she was still there while townhouse was being redone. I am not alarmed that she had started dating again.
Who knows how long their marriage had been over at that point.

Also, if I read the text exchange between she and ex correctly,
I am guessing that she arrived very shortly after his text asking if she was close. No need to text when you're about there.
Maybe that's when she told him she and kids were going to bf's. And maybe she also told him about the cruise then too. And maybe that's when it got ugly.

My gut tells me that something happened when she arrived to get kids.

That weird other text a little later was a cover to make it seem like she didn't show. (Dishwasher arrived)

Of course, total speculation and all my own opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Crystal made it to her ex's house, wouldn't her phone ping there? Is there any information saying her phone pinged at his/their house? I thought it pinged near a park or something.
I believe that location is where her phone last pinged. It doesn't tell us where the phone was prior to that. However, by now LE would have that information in their possession. If you look at the Sievers case out of Florida LE traced the phones of the various people involved and had maps of the routes they traveled. I expect LE knows the movements of Crystal's phone e.g. the route the phone took from where it started that morning to where it last pinged. They should also know the movement of her phone probably for the last several weeks or even longer - In the Missy Bevers case in Midlothian, Texas LE obtained 3 months of the phone records (which would include location information).

Regardless of what you and I think, those texts were never read or delivered.

This isn't completely accurate. We discussed this many times. It's an iPhone and the text will only show up marked as read if she opened the messages. They could have been read from the home screen.

We have two different video systems at our house and they are from two different companies -- I cannot remember exactly but one of the cameras, we could move to anywhere in the house but it plus into a power socket and does not have a battery.

Many wifi cameras can be run on battery or plugged in. If plugged in that gives battery back up for power failures.

I forgot to add this thought too!
I had a girlfriend who waited 5! Years to introduce her kids to bf. I introduced mine at around 4 months.
Both have worked out fine. Everyone has different ideas about how that should be done. I don't know that a cruise would have been how my kids met a boyfriend of mine, but we can't judge her for that decision. She might have thought that would be a great and fun way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't completely accurate. We discussed this many times. It's an iPhone and the text will only show up marked as read if she opened the messages. They could have been read from the home screen.

Right. They could even be read from the lock screen. I have a 7, and when I get a text, my screen lights up with the message on the lock screen and stays available there until I unlock my phone.

What if the ex husband also received an email from the Cruise line saying his ticket was canceled (a confirmation) and this set him over the edge.

The BF said he received an email saying he was going on a cruise.

It was said awhile back that perhaps the ex's email was one listed in the reservation when it was made and maybe she never changed it. I believe the company could have sent out a confirmation email one week ahead of the cruise which would have been the night before she was never seen again. If it was the ex that did this, my theory is that I suspect he received the confirmation email and saw her boyfriend's name instead of his own. Given how much he seemed to want to be married and presented himself that way, I think he may have snapped. If he had anything to do with it. I haven't decided who I think did it yet.

09/07/17 — The active search for 38 year-old Crystal McDowell will resume on Friday – September 8th 2017 at 8:00 a.m. The new search staging area will be at 6601 West Bay Rd., which is north of Hwy. 99 in Baytown, Texas 77523. We will be in need of searchers on foot and ATVs. Please dress appropriately for thick brush, a wet or muddy terrain and mosquitos. Wear snake boots if you have them. Your Search Coordinator is David White, and he can be reached at (281) 799-9586.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/2017/08/missing-crystal-mcdowell-baytown-tx-82517/

Let me just say that if I DIDN'T have snake boots, and saw this post, I'd damn sure be getting some before the search started. (((Shudder)))

I don't know these people but I agree with you. Also perhaps Crystal and boyfriend were dating longer -- maybe while divorce was pending; thus, the 4 weeks - 6 weeks and timeframe from BF could be off.

Also - why would the husband send her a text message at 8:05am saying just pick up kids at PNP (his work). He was irritated she hadn't arrived but more importantly those texts were NEVER READ!!

And, so does she have the kids? Are they missing? The husband sends another text about dishwasher but never once asked what happened why she didn't pick up the kids.

I just think that is easy to over analyze all this but go back to what we know! The text messages tell a HUGE STORY!

A minor point about the texts never being read: when I get a text on my iPhone, I can read it on the lock screen. It doesn't show as opened in my text messages though. Often I'll see a text and read it on my lock screen and not actually "open" the text for a while. So it's *possible* she saw the texts. Obviously never responded, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste