Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I preview my messages in the lock screen. There's many reasons for keeping your phone locked besides not wanting people to see your messages.

You can also set up iMessage to not let anybody see if you've opened their messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love turning off read receipts for certain people. Sometimes I don't want to respond right away, but hate seeing that little red circle with a number showing unread messages.

If you turn off read receipts, do all of the previous ones go away? Does that make sense?

Someone confirmed to know them said that the house was located in a relatively new development/area with lots of construction going on around it, and that there were lots of cameras set up by the construction crew in case anyone tried to steal their equipment. I may not have that 100% correct but that's what I remember reading.

YES! I remember that now. Thank you. I wonder if they reviewed that footage to see if they can see the ex leaving for PBP when he said to pick the kids up there instead, or if he left at any other time. Or if it shows Crystal arriving there or leaving there?

It did ping to a park area. I was thinking the same thing. That IF she made it home, the phone would ping from there.

They have been saying for days, she never made it.

How often do pings happen?

BANFIELD: Can I ask you about plate readers in so many modern metroplexes today? You can do an investigation and virtually track a car from point A to point B through videos and plate readers. Do you have any plate readers that tracked the car that Crystal was driving, that Mercedes.

HAWTHORNE: That`s a really good question, but I`m afraid it`s one that I can`t answer.

BANFIELD: So that might be on the list of a next direction?

HAWTHORNE (via telephone): Well, it`s something we`ve already acquired, and I just don`t think it`s in the best interest to discuss that at this time.

I just can't see something happening at the Ex house. The kids were there.They would have heard. He doesn't look like the "messy " type of guy. He appears reserved, quiet, no drama. MOO

It did ping to a park area. I was thinking the same thing. That IF she made it home, the phone would ping from there.

They have been saying for days, she never made it.

If that's true (I hadn't heard the phone had not pinged at the ex's house but I believe you), then I don't think the ex did it. An earlier poster said that she had been deceptive and we need to know more about what had been going on in her life. Deceptive was probably not the right word. How about she didn't share all of the details of her private life with everyone, which is common and wise. Was she dating anyone else? Had she been dating anyone else previously?

YES! I remember that now. Thank you. I wonder if they reviewed that footage to see if they can see the ex leaving for PBP when he said to pick the kids up there instead, or if he left at any other time. Or if it shows Crystal arriving there or leaving there?

I really hope so. I know Hargrave keeps mentioning that they have hundreds of hours of footage to go through from multiple different sources, but it seems to me that the smartest places to start would be the boyfriend's home and work, the motel, and the ex's home and work. And so far the we only know for sure that they've reviewed the boyfriend and hotel footage.

If that's true (I hadn't heard the phone had not pinged at the ex's house but I believe you)

To be fair, we don't know that her phone never pinged at her ex's house. We only know that the last ping wasn't there. Big difference.

I love turning off read receipts for certain people. Sometimes I don't want to respond right away, but hate seeing that little red circle with a number showing unread messages.

If you turn off read receipts, do all of the previous ones go away? Does that make sense?

Yes, it is nice to have the option of only letting certain people know when you read their messages.

I'm not sure if the previous receipts go away.

While we are on the subject of messages, I feel as though trying to read a persons demeanor through texts can be very tricky for the most part. What one person takes as a joke for example, another person might take it as an insult or threat.

Sometimes texts don't appear to be answered because instead of texting a response they will call, or maybe just show up and answer then. When I text my daughter, most times she doesn't text back, she'll call me when she gets a chance.

I really hope so. I know Hargrave keeps mentioning that they have hundreds of hours of footage to go through from multiple different sources, but it seems to me that the smartest places to start would be the boyfriend's home and work, the motel, and the ex's home and work. And so far the we only know for sure that they've reviewed the boyfriend and hotel footage.

That's the other side of the coin for me. Certainly, LE has reviewed footage from the ex's house and work if it is available. LE has basically confirmed the boyfriend's version of events on that morning but has not said the same about the ex. Possible that there is no clear footage or they just weren't directly asked the question.

I didn't see where there was already secrecy and deception going on.

You haven't read the entirety both threads, have you? I gently suggest that you read everything before jumping in so voraciously.

The picture of her texts with her ex show that he sent something else after the dishwasher one. So he didn't just say the dishwasher thing and never send anything again. We can't see the time or text though.

He might have been wary of sending a ton of where are you texts. If he hoped to reconcile and she had previously complained that he was controlling and nagged her, he might have wanted to give her space.

It's weird that he never told her not to come to his job. But he also may have been pissed that she wasn't responding and hadn't shown up so he didn't tell her. And he was waiting for her to call or text about being at PBP. Little bit of payback for not communicating better.

I wonder if she was often flaky. Like she told him she was on her way at 7:01 but apparently didn't even leave for another 20+minutes. I know I'm a little crazy about being on time but I would be annoyed and maybe let her waste time driving to my job too.

I think she did send the Dallas text though. She was just caught up in her new relationship and not communicating with her uncle like she normally did so he was suspicious. But it was sent the night before so seems real after all.

Some random thoughts here from a recently divorced mom , dating and dealing with an ex.
I can easily believe that crystal would not be forthcoming with ex about the fact that she and kids have decided to stay with new bf for weekend, instead of heading to Dallas. I don't see it as much of a deception but as a "none of his business anymore" reasoning.
I'm not going to judge her for how she was wading through this new territory. My ex definitely doesn't not know every detail about where my kids and I go when I have them. It's just not always his business.
However, a hurricane was coming so I'm sure she was going to tell him at some point where they would be. They are still his children and he has a right to know that. She just hasn't figured out how or when to tell him at that point maybe? Maybe waiting to do it in person or after she picked the kids up?

As for how long she had been dating this new guy, it's really common, although not a fun situation, for two people in a divorce to stay together in the house until all the paperwork and new housing stuff for the one moving out to get settled. So, even though they were still in the same house sometimes, they could have been NOT together as a couple for a very long time prior. I could not leave my house for 10 months after we decided to divorce due to property division and things like that. My attorney advised me NOT to go anywhere until everything was signed and done. So it really doesn't seem too strange to me that she was still there while townhouse was being redone. I am not alarmed that she had started dating again.
Who knows how long their marriage had been over at that point.

Also, if I read the text exchange between she and ex correctly,
I am guessing that she arrived very shortly after his text asking if she was close. No need to text when you're about there.
Maybe that's when she told him she and kids were going to bf's. And maybe she also told him about the cruise then too. And maybe that's when it got ugly.

My gut tells me that something happened when she arrived to get kids.

That weird other text a little later was a cover to make it seem like she didn't show. (Dishwasher arrived)

Of course, total speculation and all my own opinion.

I agree. I have almost nothing to add to that scenario. Her uncle has made it clear how he feels. It's an easy theory to fall into but isn't that usually the outcome? Crystal and ex have a bunch of YouTube videos up as well that are verrrry interesting if you're following this line of thought.

Question about real estate. It's been said that she is newish and might not be making much money. Looking at her RE Facebook, I see her congratulating 9 of her clients for buying their homes in August alone.

So, what is the average for sales per month for a real estate agent. Nine sales in less than a month seems very successful to me. But, I'm certainly no expert.

Sorry if this has been answered, I am catching up. So the national average for RE is 6 a year. This is a hard figure because 20% of the agents make 80% of the sales. So you may have some in there closing 0-1 a year and some closing 80 a year working on a team. The new agent thing and not producing in the first year may be common, but it isn't the rule. I closed 2 houses in my first year as a very part time agent; but another agent in my office closed 30 in his first year. He took 27 listings JUST THIS MONTH ALONE as a 2nd year agent. Some people are just more motivated to sell more houses, and with her personality, and wide network, I can see her doing amazingly well.

HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THE CAR NEXT TO CRYSTALS CAR AT THE BOYFRIENDS HOUSE LOOKS JUST LIKE THE CAR PARKED NEXT TO HERS AT MOTEL 6!?!? 😳😳😳😳 Gives me chills!

They look nothing alike

Link please.

Describes the search area for today. Not sure of address versus address

https://www.facebook.com/txeqorg/posts/1699217336777350

MISSING: Crystal McDowell - Baytown, TX (8/25/17)

09/07/17 -- The active search for 38 year-old Crystal McDowell will resume on Friday – September 8th 2017 at 8:00 a.m. The new search staging area will be at 6601 West Bay Rd., which is north of Hwy. 99 in Baytown, Texas 77523. We will be in need of searchers on foot and ATVs. Please dress appropriately for thick brush, a wet or muddy terrain and mosquitos. Wear snake boots if you have them. Your Search Coordinator is David White, and he can be reached at (281) 799-9586.

http://wp.me/p7cBjs-61Z

Yes it is. It can make all the difference in the world. You need to know about Crystal and what she was up to in the days, weeks, and months leading up to her disappearance. There could be someone from months ago that hasn't even come up yet. It is not uncommon to find that if you start opening up the closets of a victim all kinds of skeletons come falling out and things are not even remotely as they had seemed to be. There is already evidence of secrecy and deception on the part of the victim not too long before she disappeared. The BF story has changed more than once in terms of the length of the relationship.

When you are seeing and hearing deception it is important to learn just why that is. Knowing just how long this relationship has really been going on or even if there were other relationships besides the BF is important. Without knowing these kinds of things you are working with blinders on.

BBM I wonder if the BF's story changed because his relationship with her was a hook-up buddy situation. (Why keep track of how long they were together?) I would not think he would publicly state that if that were the case. Or, maybe the BF is just bad at keeping track of dates. His changing story does not put up a red flag for me.

Describes the search area for today. Not sure of address versus address

https://www.facebook.com/txeqorg/posts/1699217336777350

MISSING: Crystal McDowell - Baytown, TX (8/25/17)

09/07/17 -- The active search for 38 year-old Crystal McDowell will resume on Friday – September 8th 2017 at 8:00 a.m. The new search staging area will be at 6601 West Bay Rd., which is north of Hwy. 99 in Baytown, Texas 77523. We will be in need of searchers on foot and ATVs. Please dress appropriately for thick brush, a wet or muddy terrain and mosquitos. Wear snake boots if you have them. Your Search Coordinator is David White, and he can be reached at (281) 799-9586.

http://wp.me/p7cBjs-61Z

Yes, I knew about that search--that's not by either the jewelry store or his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody