Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was so willing to hide her relationship with Paul from her ex-husband after they were already divorced, she most likely was hiding other affairs while they were married IMO.
I've thought of that too.Since they seem to have had an on and off marriage I find it hard to believe this is her first boyfriend in all that time.

Also, we don't know the context of "several". That could have been over the span of her entire adult life, for all we know. It doesn't mean she had a whole herd of boyfriends at once.

Perhaps off topic, but is it considered unethical for a real estate agent to date a client? It's not like she's a psychiatrist... :thinking:

Well, I don't know! I'm sure it's not good for business if things got messy. When I read what the sheriff said, my first thought was that maybe she was involved with a married client and his wife had it out for her.

I don't know if Crystal was or wasn't aware of BF home surveillance. If she were trying to hide something it seems that the surveillance would concern her? It would make me uncomfortable in the early stages of any new relationship even if I were not hiding anything.

Not in the case of her & Paul, but imagine braking up with someone who doesn't handle it well. The scenarios of surveillance in the case of brake-up situations being used for anything but good is disturbing.
JMO

It's creepy. What else has he recorded? Does he have video surveillance in his bedroom? In his bathroom? A friend of mine got involved with this guy once and someone ended up finding sex videos of them on a website. Apparently he had a hidden camera in his bedroom. The bf may have some weird fetish for taping his girlfriends.

I get it!!

And perception is always interesting...

Taking that a step further, it is a perplexing collection of words coming from LE...

:moo: :cow:

It really really is an interesting choice of words. His subconscious mind chose them for a reason. Maybe it was a hint. There are lots of people who hook up with someone and never know that person is cheating on someone else.

Assuming LE knows far more about Crystal than we do, and maybe even more than her individual friends and family may know...still their choice of words and phrases is odd. It sounds like they are pretty much ruling out "random victim" and implying her life is full of possible motives for someone to harm her? I don't know how else to read into what LE has said.

-I'm glad we have to reference the actual words. If not there would be no Websleuth��. Thanks for making this a refreshing forum to be part of.

My point in the defining of these statements by LE, public spokespersons, is by what measure are these terms arrived at? I am most concerned about her children being affected by this loose terminology.

.SEVERAL-romantic relationships.
What number is several (we discussed already)
.An an INAPPROPRIATE relationship.
She is divorced. So are we to 'speculate' that Paul is married? No we shouldn't based on what we have seen.

It bothers me. She is not here to defend this or any other thing she chooses.

I think you're assuming we're passing judgement on her. I'm not and I don't think she would need to defend anything. She's an adult and can have as many relationships as she wants. Simply remove the negative connotation and we're just pursuing facts. Would this even be an issue if she were a guy?

Primetime Crome with Ashleigh Banfield is on.

I can't watch it tonight.

I have seen several Investigative ID shows where real estate agents are set up purposely by some nut. The last few years I see so many real estate agent ads with the agents photo, even billboards. (Why I don't know, I never thought it was smart especially for attractive women). It may land them more business but there is no shortage of psychopaths in this world. I don't think the husband was involved or the boyfriend. I think it was a nut that took advantage of the incoming storm period. They could even be holding her captive.

I've thought of that too.Since they seem to have had an on and off marriage I find it hard to believe this is her first boyfriend in all that time.

I wonder what triggered their first divorce filing and then what led to the one that stuck? It really bugs me that family didn't even know they were divorced. I could see not telling people WHY they got divorced. I've been divorced almost 7 glorious years and my family doesn't know why and never will (abuse and infidelity). The reason is he is still going to be around for my daughter's best life moments, and so will my family, and I don't want it somehow coming up and ruining special times for my daughter (and it would). They would hold it against him forever.

So if they didn't tell people why that's fine. I get that. But to not tell at all? And for the family to not even notice? Maybe they were never a very close, loving couple.

IMO all the following:

To be honest the ex's Facebook page still rubs me the wrong way. The reason for him still looking married, that they agreed to for professional reasons, goes over like a pregnant pole vaulter.

First off, she didn't look married on Facebook, they weren't FB friends, and she blocked him.
Second off, she was dating in public. Maybe she thought they were doing a good job keeping it quiet, but at some point people were going to see them out and about together and then what? "She's happily married and out with another man??!! What is she doing!!!??"

People gossip and clutch their pearls and come to their own conclusions. Is being divorced somehow worse for her reputation than looking like a married woman dating other men?

I think he didn't tell because he wanted to save things and she didn't make him tell and fix his page because she was just over it all.

I think that's a stretch, especially given his profession.

Your quote didn't work so I'm assuming you're referencing the comment re: Paul being creepy because of cameras? If not I am lol 😂
I agree. If you are part of a well-known family of jewelrs you'd probably have surveillance up too. He said he installed the system two years ago. With that many cameras my guess is she knows about them but I have no proof so it's just my opinion.

If she was so willing to hide her relationship with Paul from her ex-husband after they were already divorced, she most likely was hiding other affairs while they were married IMO.

Legally married and emotionally married are two different things. You don't just snap your fingers and become divorced. Who knows how long they were separated.

-I'm glad we have to reference the actual words. If not there would be no Websleuth. Thanks for making this a refreshing forum to be part of.

My point in the defining of these statements by LE, public spokespersons, is by what measure are these terms arrived at? I am most concerned about her children being affected by this loose terminology.

.SEVERAL-romantic relationships.
What number is several (we discussed already)
.An an INAPPROPRIATE relationship.
She is divorced. So are we to 'speculate' that Paul is married? No we shouldn't based on what we have seen.

It bothers me. She is not here to defend this or any other thing she chooses.
It is likely that LE isn't misinterpreting something. They know what they are saying. They are not just taking someone's word for it or taking rumor or gossip as fact. They have probably uncovered many things in the course of this investigation based on phone and financial transaction records as well.

If anything, they are trying to not be as blunt and drag the victim through the mud any more than they have to in order to solve the case.

Does anyone have the links to all the Ashley Banfield segments about Crystal? My search isn't working. Thanks.

Your quote didn't work so I'm assuming you're referencing the comment re: Paul being creepy because of cameras? If not I am lol 😂
I agree. If you are part of a well-known family of jewelrs you'd probably have surveillance up too. He said he installed the system two years ago. With that many cameras my guess is she knows about them but I have no proof so it's just my opinion.

He really needs to upgrade those things. My local DIY car wash has better cameras than that and that's just so nobody robs the quarter machines.

I may be in the minority but frankly, I think that it's really weird that her advertisement was on the sign outside the jewelry store. It is just so random. I want to know what other businesses they have publicized in that way. I've been looking at businesses around my town to see if any do that and none do!

The most I've seen is is a bulletin board where people can post ads. My doctors office has a little rack of cards for providers that offer things he doesn't (eye care, chiropractor, accupuncture, etc.). But at least they are all related in terms of being healthcare. But a jewelry store advertising a realtor business on their sign like that is weird, IMO.

Perhaps their romantic relationship was also a business partnership to help each others businesses thrive. "I'll advertise you on our sign if you wear our $bling$ and tell your clients about our jewelry store". I wonder if her bf gave her any expensive jewelry gifts or loaned her any!? I could see that actually working since they're both in the Baytown area and could send each other clients. Often fiances are looking for rings & houses to move into together to start a family around the same time. It seems like it would be a good business partnership.

We can't expect anyone to be of exemplary character (apart from ourselves :) ) Both ex and bf have their issues and our hinky meters react accordingly. That's what makes a fascinating case. Even the fans (who fan the lady's ego) are off the wall.

Always take care in relation to those who pander to our egos - 'fan' has the same etymology root as 'fanatic'.

No, i'm not referencing any of us on here at all. Its refreshing that we are able to converse and share. I'm solely & specifically referring to the public spokespersons. Whether its a missing male or female isn't a factor. Its the manner in which 'they' deem what is or isn't appropriate in this case.

As far as defining the meaning or number to 'several', they may have many romantic interest that have come forward and proved credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member