Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorne said the couple's relationship "doesn't seem that abnormal" and her ex "is not any more of a suspect than the other persons on our persons of interest list."

Both McDowell's current boyfriend and the relative who reported her disappearance are on that list as well, along with a number of others the sheriff declined to discuss.

"Because of Crystal and her lifestyle that she led we have had lots of people come forward," Hawthorne said. "She was well-liked and had lots of friends."
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...or-and-mother-of-2-still-missing-12181998.php

BBM. Just wanted to note that the quote above saying that the boyfriend and the person who reported her missing are on the list as POI's is not a direct quote from the sherrif. This is the reporter's wording. It may be true they are on the list but this is not a NEW quote from the sheriff identifying the 3 POI's or saying there are suddenly many other POI's.

Also, a POI is simply a person with information important to the investigation. A POI does not always end up becoming a suspect. Just because there are many POI's doesn't mean there are that many suspects. I'm guessing LE has a suspect in mind but they are not going to identify that person as a suspect until they can make an arrest. JMO. :moo:

Thank you for this-- the second link has the videos of the Ashley Banfield show. I just started to watch the first one. Oh my goodness that skydive video! She seems like such a sweet and positive person. I couldn't help notice the skydive instructor ask if her and her husband have enough life insurance and she says they do. I'm sure she never thought that info might be relevant a few years later. Wonder how/if policy changed with the divorce. :( :scared:
She must have had a great life insurance policy to cover skydiving death.

-PM: It reads 'in an inappropriate relationship'. It was singular. So back to the 'what or who defines'. As in the case of 'Several'

If he wants to talk, more power to him. But the changing stories doesn't make him appear to be on the up and up. Maybe the ex is so quiet because he is involved and doesn't want to run his mouth and misspeak.

Yep, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-PM: It reads 'in an inappropriate relationship'. It was singular. So back to the 'what or who defines'. As in the case of 'Several'

:what:

???

.....http://people.com/crime/missing-texas-mom-crystal-mcdowell-foul-play/

“She [McDowell] had a history of several romantic relationships,” Hawthorne says, adding, “She has just thousands of friends and a very successful real estate business. And amid that real estate business, there are all kinds of aspects that could give different people motives, whether it be the jealousy of her success or the possibility of somebody discovering that she was in an inappropriate romantic relationship with somebody.”

She was in one relationship that we know of. How is it "inappropriate" if she is divorced.
Inappropriate on his side? Unclear whether the guy is married or not. <modsnip>

She was in one relationship that we know of. How is it "inappropriate" if she is divorced.

:dunno: -- see we didn't use the word....tho it seems Sheriff Brian C. Hawthorne of the Chambers County Sheriff&#8217;s Office in Texas did.

Where are you Crystal???

:candle:

I don't know if Crystal was or wasn't aware of BF home surveillance. If she were trying to hide something it seems that the surveillance would concern her? It would make me uncomfortable in the early stages of any new relationship even if I were not hiding anything.

Not in the case of her & Paul, but imagine braking up with someone who doesn't handle it well. The scenarios of surveillance in the case of brake-up situations being used for anything but good is disturbing.
JMO

:what:

???

.....http://people.com/crime/missing-texas-mom-crystal-mcdowell-foul-play/

“She [McDowell] had a history of several romantic relationshipsHawthorne says, adding, “She has just thousands of friends and a very successful real estate business. And amid that real estate business, there are all kinds of aspects that could give different people motives, whether it be the jealousy of her success or the possibility of somebody discovering that she was in an inappropriate romantic relationship with somebody.”

He wasn't saying she was in an inappropriate romantic relationship, IMO. He was giving hypothetical reasons someone might have wanted Crystal gone. He was speculating like we do.

So jumping off that, prior to her divorce and prior to her current relationship, maybe she had other relationships. Since he tied that idea to "amid that real estate business" maybe she accidentally got romantically involved with a client at some point?

ETA it doesn't even have to be "prior to" her divorce or current relationship.

09/08/17 &#8212; The active search for 38 year-old Crystal McDowell will resume on Saturday, September 9th 2017 at 8:00 a.m. The search staging area will be at 6601 West Bay Rd., which is north of Hwy. 99 in Baytown, Texas 77523. We will be in need of searchers on foot and ATVs. Please dress appropriately for thick brush, a wet or muddy terrain and mosquitos. Wear snake boots if you have them. Your Search Coordinator is David White, and he can be reached at (281) 799-9586.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/2017/08/missing-crystal-mcdowell-baytown-tx-82517/

-I'm glad we have to reference the actual words. If not there would be no Websleuth&#128566;. Thanks for making this a refreshing forum to be part of.

My point in the defining of these statements by LE, public spokespersons, is by what measure are these terms arrived at? I am most concerned about her children being affected by this loose terminology.

.SEVERAL-romantic relationships.
What number is several (we discussed already)
.An an INAPPROPRIATE relationship.
She is divorced. So are we to 'speculate' that Paul is married? No we shouldn't based on what we have seen.

It bothers me. She is not here to defend this or any other thing she chooses.

He wasn't saying she was in an inappropriate romantic relationship, IMO. He was giving hypothetical reasons someone might have wanted Crystal gone. He was speculating like we do.

So jumping off that, prior to her divorce and prior to her current relationship, maybe she had other relationships. Since he tied that idea to "amid that real estate business" maybe she accidentally got romantically involved with a client at some point?

Perhaps off topic, but is it considered unethical for a real estate agent to date a client? It's not like she's a psychiatrist... :thinking:

If she was so willing to hide her relationship with Paul from her ex-husband after they were already divorced, she most likely was hiding other affairs while they were married IMO.

-I'm glad we have to reference the actual words. If not there would be no Websleuth&#128566;. Thanks for making this a refreshing forum to be part of.

My point in the defining of these statements by LE, public spokespersons, is by what measure are these terms arrived at? I am most concerned about her children being affected by this loose terminology.

.SEVERAL-romantic relationships.
What number is several (we discussed already)
.An an INAPPROPRIATE relationship.
She is divorced. So are we to 'speculate' that Paul is married? No we shouldn't based on what we have seen.

It bothers me. She is not here to defend this or any other thing she chooses.

By this logic we shouldn't discuss her at all then, because we don't know her, what she does with her free time, etc.. Who knows what we say that she might want to defend. Should we not speculate on why she took her ex-husband off the family cruise and put the boyfriend on? Her kids will read that and that isn't a mother of the year sort of move.

If we only offer up rosy ideas to talk through, how is that useful? She is very secretive apparently, so chances are she wouldn't want us talking about anything regarding her personal life.

I get it!!

And perception is always interesting...

Taking that a step further, it is a perplexing collection of words coming from LE...

:moo: :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member