Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took pictures through the tinted windows on my truck this morning. I'm not sure if the darker is the most allowed with a note or not. There is a bit of contrast between legal and not legal. Also I'm not seeing a moon in that picture of the billboard. I see a street/building light in the GMA video. You can see a pole near by. Still need to sneak out of work and get some shots during the day but I keep riding with my husband (we work together) and I don't want to use the company truck for this.

Images won't upload. Will try in separate message.

Here are the transcripts from the Ashleigh Banfield show on Sept 5

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1709/05/ptab.01.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: car & townhouse

HAWTHORNE: Well, luckily, the floodwaters had not overcome it. It had flooding to the point where it could not have been driven out of the parking lot. We recovered it before the floodwaters ruined anything that would have potentially been inside the car. We were able to get it out of there because later, the floodwaters did overcome the hotel and the parking lot and ruined all the cars in the parking lot.

BANFIELD: Was there anything you found inside?

HAWTHORNE: A number of things. Yes, we have a number of things that we have retained and...

BANFIELD: Anything useful?

HAWTHORNE: Well, sometimes, that`s the investigative process, as you well know. I mean, there are a number of things that I can`t really discuss with you. The direction we were taking this, that`s one of the problems, is the family got into the car before we did. So, obviously, we have other issues.

BANFIELD: Number one, was there any action on her credit cards or her bank accounts? Number two, did you get a chance to look through her renovated or her apartment or home in the process of renovation that may have yielded anything?

HAWTHORNE (via telephone): No activity on her financial records or credit cards. And, yes, we have been into the town home that she is having remodeled.

BANFIELD: Find anything there?

HAWTHORNE (via telephone): A number of things that we have collected. But, once again, the family had been in it multiple times without telling us, so, obviously, much of the scene is compromised. We did collect a number of things inside and feel pretty satisfied that the information that we needed in there, we got.

The Nancy Grace Crime Stories episode about Crystal that just played on SiriusXM (channel 132) is one of the best I've heard so far. Lots of info and several people were talked to, including Paul.

Paul said that he and Crystal were going to ride out the storm and watch Game of Thrones all weekend.

a122ace3c4d97e802608e8d70066384c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know if there's a way to listen without subscribing?

attachment.php
attachment.php

This is the different tint in the car windows. High clouds at 8AM this morning. It wasn't terribly dark that morning in Crosby or Channelview that morning. We had some last minute things to get done so I was outside at 8AM. However if that is a building light still glowing, that side of town may have been darker at 7:30Am.

Attachments

• IMG_1739.jpg
    IMG_1739.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1738.jpg
    IMG_1738.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 293
Was the cruise leaving from Texas? I'm just wondering if it wouldn't have been cancelled due to the hurricane. I've only been on one cruise in my life and that was years back, so I wouldn't know how that works.

Having seen the GMA video, there's no doubt that the time stamp is off by a week. Do we know if the footage from inside the house was time stamped with the correct date? I don't think I've seen a time on the still photos.

Don't forget the texts to the husband. Why say "on my way"? Why wouldn't you say 'I just got a message about a showing, I've got to work. Can you figure something out for the kids?'

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Having seen the GMA video, there's no doubt that the time stamp is off by a week. Do we know if the footage from inside the house was time stamped with the correct date? I don't think I've seen a time on the still photos.

He says both videos are from August 25th.
But because of a glitch in the camera the timestamp says August 19th, 2017

He said both videos are from August 25th.

Right, he says that. But the outside footage clearly shows 8/19.

What I want to figure out is if the footage from inside also has the 'incorrect' date or whether it says 8/25.

If the inside footage has the 25th I'm pretty sure he's passing off an outside video from a different day; probably actually the 19th.

It's one thing to say that the time stamp is off so much. It's another thing to claim it's only off on one camera. With a security system, if the date is wrong on one camera, it should be wrong on all cameras. Just my personal experience that you can change the system date, but not individual camera dates.

ETA: I won't say a security system randomly glitching and then being off by 6 days can't happen at all, even, but it seems highly unlikely.

Don't forget the texts to the husband. Why say "on my way"? Why wouldn't you say 'I just got a message about a showing, I've got to work. Can you figure something out for the kids?'

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The answers are too vague for me which is why it was not crystal who sent tnose texts.

Jmo

Something has brought them to that search area?????

Right, he says that. But the outside footage clearly shows 8/19.

What I want to figure out is if the footage from inside also has the 'incorrect' date or whether it says 8/25.

If the inside footage has the 25th I'm pretty sure he's passing off an outside video from a different day; probably actually the 19th.

It's one thing to say that the time stamp is off so much. It's another thing to claim it's only off on one camera. With a security system, if the date is wrong on one camera, it should be wrong on all cameras. Just my personal experience that you can change the system date, but not individual camera dates.

Inside video is from the 25th.

But he also said so is the outside video.

Look for updates on the search here: http://www.texasequusearch.org/2017/08/missing-crystal-mcdowell-baytown-tx-82517/

Most recent updates:
09/06/17 — COMMAND CENTER ADDRESS: The address of the Command Center for the Crystal McDowell search is 5959 West Bay Road, north of Highway 99.

09/06/17 — The Chambers County Sheriff’s Office has requested our immediate help on the search for Crystal McDowell. We will be in need of searchers on foot and ATVs. We will be meeting on West Bay Road and Highway 99, east of the Cedar Bayou Bridge on Highway 99. Your Search Coordinator is David White, and he can be reached at (281) 799-9586.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur