Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking accident....one died later.
JMO

possibly but 5 months is a long time to keep survive and ultimately die from an accident, but its possible. I'm thinking of another scenario but probably just because I read too much here :facepalm:

Ive never heard of using the Mothers maiden name when the parents are still married??

Please clarify the reviews? Are they the bf reviews, and where are they?

Not sure if we can link because he's not a POI officially, but I was able to figure out the business name by searching his name + jeweler. Once you figure that out, a yelp and facebook page should come up. It seems like the Yelp reviews are less tampered with.

http://baytownsun.com/news/article_65179206-93b4-11e7-b6f3-d3aa6c6b412c.html

The article that mentions from 9 POIs to about 3 also mentions:

Hawthorne said the possibility of Crystal McDowell simply running away is still being considered.
“That is still on the table. But that is not what the sheriff office’s investigators and Texas Rangers think,” Hawthorne said. “We feel the disappearance of Crystal appears to be foul play, but there are still lots of leads to follow. She could have left her car and got in someone else’s and got on a plane and flew off. We have no evidence of an actual crime. It is our suspicion and intuition and experience that there is foul play involved.”

Now, on topic: I keep thinking back to someone commenting that workers at plants were instructed to back into parking spaces, for safety measures.

For what it's worth, that particular post stuck with me too. I spoke with someone who is an engineer and has decades of experience working at plants all over the country. He said there's been no such rule at any plant he's worked at. He said it was actually the opposite, since men in pickups would back into spaces and hit the fence behind them, costing the plants a lot of money. So who knows. Could go either way depending on the plant.

interesting that someone mentioned bf having an ego based on reviews and his angry reactions to them.. didn't you guys say there was a member here last night going off defending him? hmmm

[bbm]

well we already know that there was a random couple who parked it there - who knows why they backed in or if they cared that the storm was coming

ETA
: apparently we DON'T know that they parked it there - only that they were found IN the car

Now, on topic: I keep thinking back to someone commenting that workers at plants were instructed to back into parking spaces, for safety measures. Does the ex spouse work at a plant that would have that type of rule? And if so, could he have also instilled it into CM to park that way as well (for whatever reason)? I ask that since her car appeared to be backed into the hotel parking space.
This is neither here nor there but the cars parked around hers almost look to me like the drivers drove up onto whatever was there (curb? Grass?) that might have been slightly higher than the parking lot itself, trying to get their cars as high as possible to avoid them being flooded. I've seen people drive up onto their lawns (or anywhere higher than the street) to hopefully avoid their vehicle being flooded when there's that threat. If that's the case, it would appear her car was parked there before flooding. That, or whoever parked it didn't care if it flooded. Or hoped it would.

Still, I dont think most of us in this area imagined it would get as bad as it did here with the flooding. So I struggle with believing that someone could "know" there would be such an extreme disaster in order to use the storm as a cover up for a premeditated crime.

Heck, my hubby is disabled. We discussed leaving or staying. If i had truly thought we were in a direct hit zone for a cat4 hurricane, we would've been GONE.

Not sure if we can link because he's not a POI officially, but I was able to figure out the business name by searching his name + jeweler. Once you figure that out, a yelp and facebook page should come up. It seems like the Yelp reviews are less tampered with.

His store is Robson something or another. It's been in the articles and news stories, and he posted her missing poster from the store Facebook page.

Speaking of that missing person poster... have they made a new one yet with accurate info? Isn't there an organization that helps families with this sort of thing?

I had thought both parents passed away in an accident. Of course I realize that just speculation here. So they apparently passed within 5 months of each other, which still could have been the same accident, I suppose.

I don't know if we are allowed to discuss the deceased parents though so I'm gonna stop here until we hear from a mod.

interesting that someone mentioned bf having an ego based on reviews and his angry reactions to them.. didn't you guys say there was a member here last night going off defending him? hmmm

I didn't see those posts but I remember a while back, in the first thread when details were just starting to come out, someone called him a "jeweler" or something and another person responded defensively saying he was NOT a jeweler, but a highly respected gemologist or whatever, which is also what he writes about himself on the website and etc.. I thought that was kinda weird. He seems pretty tech savvy so I wouldn't be surprised if he's been here.

For what it's worth, that particular post stuck with me too. I spoke with someone who is an engineer and has decades of experience working at plants all over the country. He said there's been no such rule at any plant he's worked at. He said it was actually the opposite, since men in pickups would back into spaces and hit the fence behind them, costing the plants a lot of money. So who knows. Could go either way depending on the plant.

IMO from the photo I saw of her car, the parking job was crap. Her car looked crooked compared to the one next to it, and I thought for sure it must have floated there. It looked like someone backed into the spot hastily as if they needed to turn around quickly and then instead of leaving parked it and left. If that was parked by someone who had it as an ingrained habit they would have parked nicer.

[bbm]

well we already know that there was a random couple who parked it there - who knows why they backed in or if they cared that the storm was coming
I don't think it is known that the couple parked that car. The Sheriff Department person said the couple had nothing to do with it. Even the video that was floating around SM related to that is all second hand information at best and may not even be true.

[bbm]

Wait! Random people moved it there? I thought they were just looking through it.

interesting ... hadn't heard that before

Just an anecdote:

According to Statement Analysis... 3 is the liar's number. Statistically when someone needs a number when they are making something up, they go with 3. When 3 is said in a statement my ears always perk up. That he said "about 3" makes me think it's probably 2.

I think he has it down to one poi but doesn't want to spook anyone. He needs the body

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, I'm not convinced the BF is involved. But for sleuthing purposes, some of these things seem relevant.

I think he has it down to one poi but doesn't want to spook anyone. He needs the body

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

:sigh: That's sad to think about a body.

I didn't see those posts but I remember a while back, in the first thread when details were just starting to come out, someone called him a "jeweler" or something and another person responded defensively saying he was NOT a jeweler, but a highly respected gemologist or whatever, which is also what he writes about himself on the website and etc.. I thought that was kinda weird. He seems pretty tech savvy so I wouldn't be surprised if he's been here.

That was me and I'm definitely not him. I certainly wasn't defensive (I wouldn't defend him because he rubs me the wrong way), though I think putting "jeweler" in quotes was done to belittle what they seemed like they thought his job was (perhaps a salesman in the store), which I think is rude. But anyways. That was based on my opinion of the store website and what it says about him on his resume. His resume is impressive. IMO: Anyone who is going to Belgium to buy loose diamonds for their clients without the client even seeing them must be pretty well respected and trusted. The jewelry store seems pretty high end and he owns or is affiliated with other stores apparently.

One person ALWAYS on a detectives POI list will always be the unknown person for unknown reasons.

My money is the three POI's Ex, BF, Unsub.

Long time lurker on these threads: For what it's worth, I just am not feeling the boyfriend on this. I've known men like him, very emotional, which I think explains that sweeping, carried away romance, the openness with the media--I'm just not buying that he's involved.

The Ex is where my spidey senses go, and I almost wonder if the plan was to say that she was headed Dallas and then make it look like she got caught in the floods--just IMO. Then again, I'd more expect someone to abandon a car on a roadway and not parked in a Motel parking lot if that were the case--but maybe it was rage and it was an attempt to make her look "seedy. ALL OF THIS IMO. It would be a crime cover up, and before I heard this story, I was wondering if people ever tried to commit, "the perfect murder," when a storm was raging through.

I'm still not so sure it wasn't a stranger abduction or a woman that had a break and walked away. I know everyone says she seemed so happy, and that's possible, but I think there have been times where my mind was all over the place, and people would have thought I was the happiest, most carefree person. She was balancing a lot in the air and maybe she saw the storm as a way to just get away for a bit. Or maybe that's just hopeful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV