Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really in my opinion it just means he is a coward who didn't have the guts to look Crystal in the eyes as he murdered her.

Or it may mean he wanted her caught off guard and under better control. Since he's the father of her children and was doing this in the family home, an ambush style murder is disturbing, to me, not that any other kind of strangulation isn't disturbing.

-until we have accuracy:

she arrived there early Friday morning and at 3am he left for the woods?
That seems to be it. The Sheriff indicates they are still investigating so it suggests they are trying to get the timeline complete themselves.

I'm curious why they are giving custody to CM's best friend in another state. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's fully capable and perhaps Crystal wouldn't have wanted it any other way, but it just seems like a lot of big changes for them all at once.

http://abc13.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, but there isn't anything in that video about the prosecutor saying that. I believe the sheriff and he said that this was a reporter's error that put "living room" in the headline.

I wonder if Crystal has specified in a Will who would care for the kids?

I'm curious why they are giving custody to CM's best friend in another state. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's fully capable and perhaps Crystal wouldn't have wanted it any other way, but it just seems like a lot of big changes for them all at once.
Crystal's family seems to be on board with it, especially the Aunt who currently has custody. This may have been something that Steve and Crystal had talked about. There may even be a Will that exists, so that was what the wishes were should anything happen to both Steve and Crystal. But we don't know for sure.

Re: approaching her from behind. I didn't see the show. I wonder if they got into a heated disagreement and she was attempting to leave the room/house? Why else wouldn't she be facing him in such a small room? I doubt it would be to stare at the window, bed, or closet. If I'm right, the end result should be the same as if you shoot someone in the back and then try to claim self defense. He shouldn't be allowed to claim that he provoked her if she was trying to deescalate the situation by leaving.

Of course, this whole post of mine is based on some big ifs.

CSM's aunt is a truly remarkable woman. She did hug SM. She said on Ashleigh Banfield tonight that she believes this was a crime of passion.
Then she stated: Family is family and we all do things sometimes we regret and we will pay for those in a lifetime, but I just felt like I can't hate him. I don't like him, I don't like what he did, but he did what he did and he'll pay for it. I can't bring myself to hate someone that mentally, at that moment, was not right because a normal person wouldn't do that.

I wonder if Crystal has specified in a Will who would care for the kids?

Yes she did. The sheriff said it still had to be approved by the court, but as long as everything checks out, her friend will have custody of the kids.

Apparently this is something Steve and Crystal had agreed on according to the show tonight. Her aunt seems to also agree with it. Those kids are going through a lot of changes though. But the courts will have to approve it so that could take awhile.

Thanks, but there isn't anything in that video about the prosecutor saying that. I believe the sheriff and he said that this was a reporter's error that put "living room" in the headline.

It was in several other articles as well. So maybe the reporter stated it wrong and then other outlets picked it up. Who knows. The sheriff did clarify it tonight on AB. He hasn't been the most articulate person when speaking on the case.

Yes she did. The sheriff said it still had to be approved by the court, but as long as everything checks out, her friend will have custody of the kids.

I'm thankful that its not up for grabs, as in going from person to person on deciding. If Crystal made that call, I believe she made the right call based on her personal experience and convictions. If the friend is Morgan, it appears they have always maintained a close & strong relationship. So far do we know that she has no siblings?

I am surprised LE is doing interviews on TV. They have no obligation to do so. But it is good to hear from them.

I'm thankful that its not up for grabs, as in going from person to person on deciding. If Crystal made that call, I believe she made the right call based on her personal experience and convictions. If the friend is Morgan, it appears they have always maintained a close & strong relationship. So far do we know that she has no siblings?

I have not seen anything reliable about siblings. She may have chosen her friend as guardian upon their births and put it in writing. Not so unusual. Very good thing she did, imo, so that her wishes can be followed. Jmo

Apparently this is something Steve and Crystal had agreed on according to the show tonight. Her aunt seems to also agree with it. Those kids are going through a lot of changes though. But the courts will have to approve it so that could take awhile.

-due to their previous divorce I would imagine that Crystal felt inclined to consider the scenarios if it became necessary. Sadly, it has.

I have not seen anything reliable about siblings. She may have chosen her friend as guardian upon their births and put it in writing. Not so unusual. Very good thing she did, imo, so that her wishes can be followed. Jmo

Very good indeed! There's a silver lining for sure. I can't imagine the kids sitting around wondering about who it's going to be. I mean at least there is a statement on their behalf that was made in advance. That's comforting, though they will still have grief to process. Its a beautiful thing that she was a loving Mother and has countless others to witness her love.

This case isn't qualified for the death penalty as it is currently charged. It doesn't seem to fit the rules for a capital case.

Really? My bad. This is probably why I'm not an attorney. Lol!!!! (Thank you!)

... Here's the definition of what CAN get the death penalty in Texas. Definitely doesn't seem applicable as he's charged now.

4f3324344eb5c6550471715df924aa81.png

[emoji202]MOO

It's not Morgan, it's a friend of Crystal's who they both had previously decided on

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member