TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RBBM. This is incorrect. That interview with Aunt Cindy was on Sept 11 and AFTER they found Crystal's body and SM had been arrested/confessed.

Here is the transcript: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1709/11/ptab.01.html

Yes I knew but thought the sequence of finding things out was different.

So they first found out their dad was in jail and the next day they were told that their mom passed away.

The older child has probably already connected the dots. I hope they're able to find a good therapist fast.

Welcome. It hard to figure out at first. Sometimes (cough cough) even after a while. It may seem strange and dumb at first. But honestly it does keep help keep the facts fact and the rumors out. Media is all about the sensationalism. Just watch, even after legal documents come out they will not even report or half report changing the context. Which is crazy. And if it goes to trial, those following/public will know definitely way more than is presented in the courtroom. He may take a deal and it be more less over case wise.

-Thanks again Arkansas! I sincerely want the facts preserved and viewed accordingly. I wish there was a law for the Media to be held accountable to. Don't we all?! It would be effective across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddeeds View Post
Thanks! I thought public published words could be mentioned but just not copied with a link.

If you cannot link it, you cannot mention or post it. I hope that helps.

That is what is confusing at the beginning. Thinking well I have a link... but the link has to be from the acceptable places. Having a link lets someone be able to see where info came from. Just having a link doesn't make it factual ... media twists .. It confusing sometimes. Even some case threads have different rule exceptions. But I believe all have basic unless the exception is made. Sometimes we have to have a reminder to stay on track and help the mods out a little. Not meaning to sound bossy, just trying to help

So they first found out their dad was in jail and the next day they were told that their mom passed away.

The older child has probably already connected the dots. I hope they're able to find a good therapist fast.

She did mention something about the kids seeing her photo as a missing person so I understand where the confusion came from. Aunt Cindy sort of rambled in her words describing how she told them, but I think she was really emotional during that interview. JMO. I also hope the kids and the rest of her family gets professional help to deal with this and how to talk to the children. The kids are old enough to know what is going on and IMO it will hurt them worse if they hear things from their classmates or see it on the news.

You are right. By all accounts he was a great dad until things spun out. Man. What a huge loss for these kids. This is tough though because these kids don't even know their dad killed their mom and with time may come to resent that they were made to keep contact with their dad under false pretenses. They are requesting to see him, but that may well be because they don't know why he is there. Would they want to see him if they knew? Maybe? I think a kid might feel betrayed that they loved and encouraged and hoped their dad would get out, because he is their one remaining parent, not realizing that he's the reason they don't have a mom either. I hope they find the right therapist for each of these kids because this is heavy.

This is what I think about too.

Hard to imagine the older child not knowing by now. Jmo SM's parental rights should be severed upon conviction so they can be adopted, if that is the choice of the legal guardians. The kids should be kept from him until they are old enough to decide, based on the facts, Imo. He destroyed the family unit. It doesn't really matter that he was an "involved father" and this country gives way too much credit anyway for a father who simply does what fathers should do. Again jmo.

It's a miracle the BF is still alive. In these type of situations the aggrieved ex partner often goes after the new BF!

-Thanks again Arkansas! I sincerely want the facts preserved and viewed accordingly. I wish there was a law for the Media to be held accountable to. Don't we all?! It would be effective across the board.

I said in hearings on another case I followed and took tons of notes. To watch the news reports... And seeing who was actually there.. it really made me aware of how journalist are now. There was one court reporter for big newspaper that is his beat. He reads here lol or did after a while. He even fluffed over some. Not factual reporting. That doesn't sell papers or get rating.

I try not to get into the emotional side. Tends to make one bias. Hard not to sometimes. Sometimes you don't see all the facts when your not being open minded. No one deserves their lives taken from them. No winners in any of these cases.

As far as laws for Media to be held accountable.. I think there are laws but there are. There is also the First Amendment Right. It all about being the first to report not that it is correct. **what will make you think your crazy or that someone else is, is when you know you read xx on xx link but they have edited it and when you go back to that link it not there. I screen shot stuff too much because I have almost gone crazy looking.

Oh and in another case, Missy Bevers. One news station reported xx then it was reported by Daily Mail but they referenced the orig station. Then NG picked it up and reported. But she did not use the orig reporting station. NO OTHER outlet reported this. I asked the local PD and they stated that report was incorrect. But people think just because it reported by the media it is the gospel. There are a few other that follow same case have done as I did so we know how it goes. < FACT not just my opinion. I am shocked so much is being said honestly by LEO about evidence type stuff

I'm with the minority crowd for once and think that SM feels real remorse. I am happy to see the children taking priority in this by ALL parties involved agreeing and working towards a common goal for placement of them. That is rare and refreshing to read. I don't doubt SM older child understands what is going on but the oldest child of Crystal/Steve may not know b/c both children are on the younger end. Not every single person that commits a crime is a cold blooded killer who feels no remorse. It is just simply not true. Each case is individual and luckily there isn't a "general" punishment for all criminals. I am in no way trying to negate the crime that took place here. 2 Children have lost their mother at the hands of their father and will grow up without either parent involved moving forward. I just do believe that some people are capable of feeling remorse. It's obvious to me that the people around SM feel that he is genuine. Just my observation on their behavior. RIP Crystal, such a shameful loss.

IMO of course, always subject to change.

Hard to imagine the older child not knowing by now. Jmo SM's parental rights should be severed upon conviction so they can be adopted, if that is the choice of the legal guardians. The kids should be kept from him until they are old enough to decide, based on the facts, Imo. He destroyed the family unit. It doesn't really matter that he was an "involved father" and this country gives way too much credit anyway for a father who simply does what fathers should do. Again jmo.

From what I read his parental rights are being severed as the kids are going to live with CM bff in another state (if approved by the court) Evidently SM is being apart of this happening, by reported accounts. Thankfully in this country we have the freedom to make choices on our own beliefs. Not dictatorship of how one should act. Some are really strict and believe everyone should believe as they do. Others just the opposite. Sounds like the children needs are being dealt with in a healthy as possible way. That is what is important. The rest is not the public's business. JMHO

Edit to add. JMHO It does matter that he was involved. Just as much as it mattered that their mother was. Yes it also matters that he allegedly took her life and allegedly confessed. We will never know the complete facts of what happened, as one of the people side of the situation is deceased. But from public account by her he was a good and attentive father to them. That comes from the mother .
In following various threads, there are people that bring their personal history into cases that make them bias to the case they are following. Sometimes I think it makes some a bit bias. But most try to be open minded. It is easy to see some that have had an abusive relationship comments toward the defendant in certain cases. Everyone is different. Every case is unique with its own facts. The law is the same for all.

SM should have felt remorse a little sooner. Perhaps before the mother of his children spent weeks exposed to the elements, including torrential rains. It really makes me sick. How could the thought of that not bother him if he was sorry for what he'd done? I think I'd be a lot more sympathetic if he'd cooled down, called a neighbor to watch the kids, then called 911 to report what he did. It would have shown a deep and immediate regret. But he didn't. In his head it's always been about him. What Crystal did to him. Protecting himself. I just can't even feel bad for him.

SM should have felt remorse a little sooner. Perhaps before the mother of his children spent weeks exposed to the elements, including torrential rains. It really makes me sick. How could the thought of that not bother him if he was sorry for what he'd done? I think I'd be a lot more sympathetic if he'd cooled down, called a neighbor to watch the kids, then called 911 to report what he did. It would have shown a deep and immediate regret. But he didn't. In his head it's always been about him. What Crystal did to him. Protecting himself. I just can't even feel bad for him.

I think all he thought about was his wife .....blind rage....

The problem arises when anger becomes an inappropriate response to daily life stresses and can no longer be controlled. Seldom creative and often destructive, anger is harmful to the body and can weaken the immune system, in addition to causing aggression and disrupting relationships. Rage, the ultimate manifestation of anger, typically inhibits individuals from their capacity to reason, resulting in aggressive or violent behaviours; and producing physiological symptoms such as tunnel vision, muffled hearing, faster heartbeat and hyperventilation.

On last nights AB transcript:

Sheriff BH-
"Well there's no doubt that this man was passionately in love with her"

That is a bizarre comment from a man who doesn't even know Steve. The sheriff continues to speak out as though he is the official expert on many topics.

Seems like sheriff is in love with SM...

You dont murder someone you're "deeply in love" with. This sheriff is perpetuating the sexist attitude that men can be compelled to murder the women in their lives due to passion or jealousy and that they can't control themselves if they're in love.

Nonsense. These are immature, insecure, rage-filled creeps and the comments this sheriff is making excuse this man's actions and justify other such murders.

I said in hearings on another case I followed and took tons of notes. To watch the news reports... And seeing who was actually there.. it really made me aware of how journalist are now. There was one court reporter for big newspaper that is his beat. He reads here lol or did after a while. He even fluffed over some. Not factual reporting. That doesn't sell papers or get rating.

I try not to get into the emotional side. Tends to make one bias. Hard not to sometimes. Sometimes you don't see all the facts when your not being open minded. No one deserves their lives taken from them. No winners in any of these cases.

As far as laws for Media to be held accountable.. I think there are laws but there are. There is also the First Amendment Right. It all about being the first to report not that it is correct. **what will make you think your crazy or that someone else is, is when you know you read xx on xx link but they have edited it and when you go back to that link it not there. I screen shot stuff too much because I have almost gone crazy looking.

Oh and in another case, Missy Bevers. One news station reported xx then it was reported by Daily Mail but they referenced the orig station. Then NG picked it up and reported. But she did not use the orig reporting station. NO OTHER outlet reported this. I asked the local PD and they stated that report was incorrect. But people think just because it reported by the media it is the gospel. There are a few other that follow same case have done as I did so we know how it goes. < FACT not just my opinion. I am shocked so much is being said honestly by LEO about evidence type stuff

-I appreciate you sharing your experienced history. I can clearly see how these media erased-edited-contradictory reports would make someone feel like they are seeing things. Good call on screenshots.

Welcome. It hard to figure out at first. Sometimes (cough cough) even after a while. It may seem strange and dumb at first. But honestly it does keep help keep the facts fact and the rumors out. Media is all about the sensationalism. Just watch, even after legal documents come out they will not even report or half report changing the context. Which is crazy. And if it goes to trial, those following/public will know definitely way more than is presented in the courtroom. He may take a deal and it be more less over case wise.

If he's as upset as they are making him out to be I think he will try and take a deal. It would prevent his children from having to possibly testify and would also prevent her family from going through more pain and suffering. I won't be surprised if this doesn't go to trial. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You dont murder someone you're "deeply in love" with. This sheriff is perpetuating the sexist attitude that men can be compelled to murder the women in their lives due to passion or jealousy and that they can't control themselves if they're in love.

Nonsense. These are immature, insecure, rage-filled creeps and the comments this sheriff is making excuse this man's actions and justify other such murders.

"Passionately in love with". I agree with you. Ive not witnessed this type of bold claims made by LE. None of which are stated as 'in my opinion only'. And it has been going on throughout. From the onset to date.

I think all he thought about was his wife .....blind rage....

The problem arises when anger becomes an inappropriate response to daily life stresses and can no longer be controlled. Seldom creative and often destructive, anger is harmful to the body and can weaken the immune system, in addition to causing aggression and disrupting relationships. Rage, the ultimate manifestation of anger, typically inhibits individuals from their capacity to reason, resulting in aggressive or violent behaviours; and producing physiological symptoms such as tunnel vision, muffled hearing, faster heartbeat and hyperventilation.

His EX wife

MOD NOTE

Stop blaming the victim in this case.

Instead of asking why Crystal didn't refuse to go to her ex's house, or why she didn't take her kids, or why she didn't ask for a restraining order, or anything else about her actions, ask why a grown man did not have the self-control to not murder his ex-wife. The blame for this crime belongs to SM. Crystal is a victim. Her actions or lack thereof did not cause her murder.

Timeouts will be issued if this line of discussion continues.

This post falls at random.

Thank you!!!!!

I think this is the video they are talking about: https://www.facebook.com/JohnDonnellyFOX26/videos/1574019365969101/

JMO, it's open to interpretation why the sheriff puts his hand on Steve's shoulder. It looks like a friendly pat on the back but it also could have been to direct him which way to walk. The sheriff's other hand points in the direction they are going at the same moment he pats SM's shoulder.

I see what you mean. It doesn't look affectionate. More like directing. I think it's being interpreted a certain way due to his sympathetic comments thus far.

I remember! Did anyone feel empathy for him when he cried? I remember watching it, and thinking it was an act. So I keep asking myself, what is different about this? Even AB seems to be very deferential about SM's emotions. But I haven't watched much of her show, so I don't know if that is her normal way of being, too.

To play devil's advocate, this guy confessed. Peterson and others like him did not.

Maybe they should join a grief group for kids.

It's a miracle the BF is still alive. In these type of situations the aggrieved ex partner often goes after the new BF!

Aint that the truth, someone put a bug in his ear that he may want security if that killer makes bail. If it were me I would demand the state of Texas pay for my private security until the conviction and incarceration

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back