GUILTY TX - D’Lanny Reinelle Chairez, 20, (found/arrested) & James, 18 months, San Antonio, 22 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Arrest Time: March 16, 2021 at 03:00
Offense Description Offense Type Bond Amount
000000 ABANDON CHILD-NO RETURN Felony, 3rd Degree 250000.00

%$#&! Who adopted him, Zanny the Nanny?! :mad::(:mad:

Noting:

Court records say family members have since questioned her about where she and James are, but she has been inconsistent, even saying she gave him away to “multiple different people for adoption.”

Chairez was also seen on video camera since, including on a VIA bus, but court records say she has not been seen with James since Feb. 21, 2021. ...

Police brought Chairez in for questioning Monday to question her about where she and her son have been. However, they say she would not say where he was, only saying she gave him up for adoption.

BBM....I somehow knew once baby James wasn’t seen with her it was going to be some crazy *advertiser censored** story. Blood on the crib sheet (IIRC) makes me sick to my stomach. So many little ones thrown away like so much garbage. We’ve become a Godless nation, and now our children are reaping what’s been sown....IMO

MAR 16, 2021
Police: Missing mother found, arrested; toddler still missing | khou.com
[...]

In an interview with KENS 5's Mariah Medina, D'Lanny Chairez's aunt, Mariesol Gomez, said she told her James was with a "family friend." Gomez said when she questioned her, she said her story changed several times about who was caring for her son.

[...]

"She's like, 'I gave him up for adoption.' And I mean, I'm hysterical, I'm crying, I'm trying to understand why, I'm asking her, 'Why? Why?' And she just said she tried and she didn't want James to live the kind of life that she would have been living – always being questioned about who her mother was and who her baby daddy is."

[...]

Police: Missing mother found, arrested; toddler still missing | kens5.com
Gomez says she needs to speak for James, and is holding a vigil for him at the Westwood Village Park at 7 p.m. Wednesday.

Last edited:
Mariah Medina on Twitter
Live at 12, 4, 5 & 6 with the latest on the recent arrest of D’Lanny Chairez. Her 1-year-old son James is still missing. Court records say investigators found a crib sheet with blood on it and that Chairez refused to answer any questions on her son’s whereabouts. #kens5eyewitness

12:50 PM · Mar 16, 2021

Mariah Medina on Twitter (Video)
Terribly sad. I asked D’Lanny’s aunt, Marisol Gomez, whether she believes the 1-year-old is still alive. Her response:
5:45 PM · Mar 16, 2021

Mariah Medina on Twitter (Video)
She told me after getting the runaround on James’ whereabouts, she picked D’Lanny up to talk, put her phone on airplane mode and recorded herself confronting D’Lanny. This is her recollection of that conversation...
5:54 PM · Mar 16, 2021

MAR 16, 2021
‘Everything she says has been a lie’ | Missing boy, 1, believed dead, aunt says | kens5.com
[...]

Gomez said she saw Chairez around the time of the winter storm in February and that she didn’t have James. Gomez said Chairez told her the baby was with a family friend at the time.

Gomez said Chairez left her house during the winter storm claiming she had a doctor’s appointment and that she went over to Chairez’s trailer, but Chairez didn’t answer the door. She said shortly after, Chairez texted her asking if they could talk the next day instead because she wasn’t feeling well. ...

When Gomez picked Chairez up the next day, Gomez said she put her phone on airplane mode and confronted her, recording their encounter.

[...]

Gomez said Chairez claimed she gave the baby to a couple she had known for approximately two years. Gomez said she pleaded with Chairez to get the baby back, but when Chairez said she wasn’t able, Gomez then asked for proof of the adoption.

“You're giving your child away, why didn't you give them the shot record?” Gomez pondered. "Why didn't you give them the Social Security card? Why don't you give them his health folder? Why didn't you give them all those diapers, you know, cases of diapers that you had there, the cases of wipes, the clothes, the toys, everything was there.”

After not hearing from Chairez, Gomez said she went to her trailer around February 22 and called police when she saw what appeared to be a blanket covered in blood. Chairez and her son were nowhere to be found. She said she called police.

[...]

“I mean, as hard as it is, I don't think (he’s alive), because everything she says has been a lie.”

[...]

MAR 16, 2021
  • MG is the one who found the bloody crib sheet.
  • There is a photo, which has been blurred, in the video.
  • The advocacy organization has reached out to TXEQ.

I don't understand why people wait months before showing concern and making a call to authorities. First of all, that was James living environment? Chaotic and neglectful. Where are these children's advocates?[/QUOTE]

Court records say family members have since questioned her about where she and James are, but she has been inconsistent, even saying she gave him away to “multiple different people for adoption.”

According to court records, she would tell police about her mental health issues, claiming she was not ready to be a mother and said James ‘deserves better,’ and to be in a better place.

An affidavit says they have conducted multiple search warrants, including on Chairez’s trailer, where they found James’ car seat, stroller, diapers, toys and more.

"Investigators believe baby James is still in the San Antonio area. We are asking for any information on baby James’ whereabouts and who he may be with to call SAPD Missing Person’s Unit at 210-207-7660.”
Mother missing since January arrested, blood found on missing toddler's crib sheets

CHAIREZ, D LANNY REANEILLE
Details Page

I don't understand why people wait months before showing concern and making a call to authorities. First of all, that was James living environment? Chaotic and neglectful. Where are these children's advocates?
[/QUOTE]
How did D’Lanny provide food/diapers/living arrangements for herself and James? Was her aunt the only relative? No maternal grandparents, siblings, etc? And the father in prison. :(

How would you find anything in that room? It looks totally trashed.

MAR 16, 2021
Need for information on still-missing 18-month-old boy ‘critical,’ police say (ksat.com)
[...]

Investigators tracked down and arrested D’Lanny Chairez, 20, early Tuesday morning, somewhere on the city’s Northwest side, according to Officer Alisia Pruneda, a public information officer for SAPD.

Pruneda says her 18-month-old son, James, was not with her and that is a concern.

“We aren’t going to rule out any one bit of foul play, endanger, all of those things are still in motion,” she said.

[...]

The affidavit also says detectives searched her trailer several times and, at one point, found a sheet for a crib that had human blood on it.

“Anyone that may have seen him or believes they may have seen him, who he is with, the side of town that he’s on,” Pruneda said. “Even the smallest bit of information that may seem so minute or trivial to someone, call it in.”

[...]

I have sooooo many questions. o_O:oops:

Nov 26, 2020 - The last time anyone in the family saw JAMES was Thanksgiving. [1]

Jan 4, 2021 - DLANNY AND JAMES were captured on video inside a drug store at Marbach Road and Military Drive. [1]

Early Feb, 2021 - Through a credible tip, DLANNY AND JAMES were seen at Pearsall Park in the early days of February during "late night hours." [1]

Feb 22, 2021 - DLANNY AND JAMES were seen by neighbor? MG has doubts about this account. [2]

Feb 22, 2021 - MG filed missing persons report for DLANNY AND JAMES after talking to residents in Dlanny's neighborhood. [2]

Feb 24, 2021 - DLANNY was seen at a local bus station near Highway 90 and SW Military Drive. She rode the bus for hours before getting off at the North Star Transit station. [3] What about Dec? Where was the family in Dec? Not one mention of Christmas, did she and the baby spent Christmas alone?

Around the end of Feb, 2021 - The last time MG says she saw DLANNY. [1]

[1] SAPD: Missing mom and baby may be in danger, new surveillance video released | myfoxzone.com

[2] A mother and baby’s disappearance has a family member fearing the worst

[3] San Antonio Police Department | Facebook and VIDEO: Missing mother spotted riding VIA bus for hours | KABB (foxsanantonio.com)

I have sooooo many questions. o_O:oops:

Nov 26, 2020 - The last time anyone in the family saw JAMES was Thanksgiving. [1]

Jan 4, 2021 - DLANNY AND JAMES were captured on video inside a drug store at Marbach Road and Military Drive. [1]

Early Feb, 2021 - Through a credible tip, DLANNY AND JAMES were seen at Pearsall Park in the early days of February during "late night hours." [1]

Feb 22, 2021 - DLANNY AND JAMES were seen by neighbor? MG has doubts about this account. [2]

Feb 22, 2021 - MG filed missing persons report for DLANNY AND JAMES after talking to residents in Dlanny's neighborhood. [2]

Feb 24, 2021 - DLANNY was seen at a local bus station near Highway 90 and SW Military Drive. She rode the bus for hours before getting off at the North Star Transit station. [3]

Around the end of Feb, 2021 - The last time MG says she saw DLANNY. [1]

[1] SAPD: Missing mom and baby may be in danger, new surveillance video released | myfoxzone.com

[2] A mother and baby’s disappearance has a family member fearing the worst

[3] San Antonio Police Department | Facebook and VIDEO: Missing mother spotted riding VIA bus for hours | KABB (foxsanantonio.com)
Nothing in Dec. Where were she and the baby for Christmas? Did not spend Christmas with the family? Were she and the baby all alone for Christmas?

It says she refused to answer questions from investigators but told them she did not feel prepared to be a mother and considered giving the baby up for adoption.

That doesn't really make any sense to me. I mean, she's already been James' mother for 18 months - and she was just a teen at the time of his birth AND dealing with his father being charged with murder. If she was able to keep him at that time, now is somehow worse?

MAR 17, 2021
Two Chairez family members in prison, search for 18-month old continues | KABB (foxsanantonio.com)
[...]

Video from two years ago, shows Baby James’ father, Matthew James Dempsey being taken into custody by police.

In 2019, San Antonio police say Dempsey, then just 18-years old, killed his own mother while robbing her.

He was convicted later that year and is currently serving a 42-year sentence.

“That is a life-long impact to the infant or the baby even the parent who is still there trying to raise the child,” Sanchez said.

Baby James' maternal grandmother, Patricia Flores, is also serving time for murder.

Police from a Fort Worth suburb say back in 2016, she scalded her 2-year old grandson with hot bath water.

Flores didn't get him medical help for six days and the grandson later died from an infection.

[...]

MAR 17, 2021
San Antonio police find blood on missing baby's crib sheets | KTSA
The child was last seen with his mother Jan. 4 at Walgreens on Marbach Road at West Military. Security cameras at the same store Feb. 21 show D’Lanny without her baby. She also was seen on surveillance video, riding a VIA bus for several hours without the child on Feb. 24.

Texas mom who vanished with toddler arrested; blood found on missing child’s sheets, police say – WFTV
Police said a Walgreen’s camera showed Chairez inside the store Feb. 21, but the child was not with her, the news outlets reported.

MAR 17, 2021
Two Chairez family members in prison, search for 18-month old continues | KABB (foxsanantonio.com)
[...]

Video from two years ago, shows Baby James’ father, Matthew James Dempsey being taken into custody by police.

In 2019, San Antonio police say Dempsey, then just 18-years old, killed his own mother while robbing her.

He was convicted later that year and is currently serving a 42-year sentence.

“That is a life-long impact to the infant or the baby even the parent who is still there trying to raise the child,” Sanchez said.

Baby James' maternal grandmother, Patricia Flores, is also serving time for murder.

Police from a Fort Worth suburb say back in 2016, she scalded her 2-year old grandson with hot bath water.

Flores didn't get him medical help for six days and the grandson later died from an infection.

[...]
Holy crap.. What a crew! IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech