TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that Deanna's case needs more publicity. I told Missie that after the holidays I would love to come to TX and see if we can "stir the pot" with some publicity. Do you have any ideas of where else we can publish the age progression and more info about Deanna? Maybe get a tv station involved? Anyone else want to come to TX and have a vigil for Deanna? Letter writing campaign to Oprah?

Great idea with the facebook page, Missie and I are working on that (I think...) Missie is so busy now, as am I, so it is hard, but you are absolutely right, the more exposure, the better. :)

Missie is Sgt D a coldcase investigator, or regular LE?
When the age progression is complete, what's the circulation going to be like? I mean, where is it going to be displayed? It would be good to get it on display on a more public forum than the missing persons websites on the net, simply because it's unlikely that anyone who knows Deanna today would stumble across them. It would be fantastic if a local newspaper in Killeen could run a story on Deanna with the age progression included, but I don't suppose they would very interested in that idea.

Also, I don't know how Missie feels about this, but I know she has a myspace page set up for Deanna, so how about a facebook group? There's something like 65 million active users on facebook, and if everyone invited their friends etc. then hopefully the group would grow and somebody who knew/knows Deanna would eventually come across it. It's just an idea, but I feel that (especially considering the lack of publicity at the time and now) the more mediums we use to publicize Deanna's disappearence, the better.

I know what we have to do!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to get a reward for information and/or location of Deanna. Now, how do we get a reward?

this case just caught my eye and i slogged through the last few years of posts.

has anyone tried to contact one of the crime shows on cable tv these days? cold case files comes to mind. there are crime case profiles presented on many diff shows on the i.d. channel. i even noticed a sleuth channel. maybe even amw. publicity sure would help, i agree.

missy, i admire your tenacity and courage! what a great example you're setting for your kids. i hope you can get some more answers sooner rather than later.

a shout out to all of the great big hearted ws folks working so hard for this case. you guys rock! i'm awestruck

Deanna Michelle Merryfield
Missing since July 22, 1990 from Killeen, Bell County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Runaway

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 2, 1977
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Prior fracture of the lower part of left arm. Has multiple tattoos of "Merryfield" with an unknown date on her neck, a cross with lines on her ankle and a yellow rose with "Texas Born" on her back.
Fingerprints: Not available
Dentals: pending
DNA: mtDNA available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Deanna was last seen on Sunday, July 22nd, 1990 at about 3:30 A.M. by her sister at the Oak Springs Trailer Park on Dimple Street in Killeen, Texas.

Deanna apparently snuck out late at night from her grandmother's house where she was staying.

She arrived with two men, possibly Hispanic, in a brown car to her uncle's home, 2 1/2 miles away, where her sister was staying.

Deanna then knocked on her sister's bedroom window at about 3:30 A.M., and her sister went outside to talk with her. Their uncle awoke and came outside which prompted Deanna to leave with the two men, who were waiting for her in the car. No further details are known about the men or the car.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Killeen Police Department
Sgt. Reese Davis
254-501-8891

Agency Case Number: 07-005102

NCMEC #: NCMC763294

NCIC Number: M-246523235

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Deanna Poster
TSDPS
NCMEC
The Doe Network: Case File 2195DFTX

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2195dftx.html

If you are new to this case, FWIW, the tattoos mentioned above are not confirmed; the source who provided this information to LE is unreliable. Deanna may or may not have the tattoos.

Missie:

Do you know if there is any medical or dental records for Deanna? Does anyone know her blood type? Is there any special jewelry that she always wore?

While growing up, did any of you girls ask your mom about Deanna? What did she tell you--that Deanna ran away? Does anyone know what Deanna was wearing the night she went missing? Does Bekki know?

Thanks! :blowkiss:

I know very little about this case.
So, I brought in the links to help me and maybe anyone else
who wants to join in and does not want to wade through
posts trying to find basic info.

Also, is her information in NaMus?
Thanks
Will start checking things out.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/merryfield_deanna.html
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetailsPrint.asp?id='M10/25/20074:21:50PM'&Person=Missing Person
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...TXCH&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.doenetwork.orhttp://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/merryfield_deanna.html
g/cases/2195dftx.html
http://www.myspace.com/deannamerryfield

hi missy,

i hope you're doing ok these days.

when you get a chance, look at the age progression that i did for deanna. i am not a professional, but i am an artist and i used a photo of her to paint on top of. the program is not the best and i am not the most computer savvy (i don't even know how to post it here), but i wanted to give it a shot. it is in a public photo album called deanna merryfield age progression on my ws profile page.

Thank you all for looking into Deanna's thread. I still have not heard anything, of course. Most communication is going on between Bekki and Sgt.D I'm speculating that I'm getting a silent treatment after busting his chops about the tattoo rumor which he took as fact.

ETA: KrazyKidz, I finally found the age progression on your personal profile, lol. Thank you for taking the time to do that. Maybe you can post it on this thread so we can get some feedback?

Very nice job on the age progession, krazykidz! Thank you!

Salem

thank you salem and missy,

does anyone know how to post it in the thread?? i am computer challenged and i don't know how. can one of you get it from my photo album? or tell me how to do it?

thanks!

So Bekki and Sgt D are in touch, Missie? Is he not returning your calls?

Good picture krazykidz! When you post a reply, go into advanced and then upload the photo (it does have to be jpeg or similar or you can save as an adobe acrobat file)

Hello Missie,

I hope that your family had a very nice Thanksgiving as you deserve it!

I have a question for you, I am just trying to work things in my head. From what you remember of Deanna, in your opinion would she have looked older than how old she actually was? Or did she look her age?

I have read all of the threads over Thanksgiving weekend and I don't know why but today after pondering all of the info, I looked at my 10 year old daughter and thought "my goodness she does not look like a 10 year old, she looks like she is 13 or 14".

It just really made me wonder about your sister, and how her appearance was to you. I have seen the pictures of her, but sometimes you cannot really tell that sort of thing from family photos.

I am just wondering because IF she is alive and took care of herself all of those years she had to have worked in some way, or had a boyfriend that supported her. But if she didn't have someone that supported her financially and if she looked older than her age, maybe her trying to locate a birth certificate with someone else's name that would have been older than her could be possible.

Sorry if I am rambling here, like I said, trying to work things out in my head about this :)

Welcome Tabikat! I agree with you. To me, Deanna does look older, and from everything we have heard, I feel like she acted older too. Great questions, and I am curious to hear Missie's point of view on this!

I have what may be a crazy idea, but in the picture of you and your sisters, there is a lot of family resemblance. Would you be willing to send a picture of yourself now, and ask Bekki to send a picture of herself to krazykidz so that she can use them to make any changes to Deannas age enhanced pictures that may be appropriate?

When Jaycee Duggards picture was published it looked a lot like the age progressed picture, with some differences, including the hair color and the definite changes in the fullness of her face. How you and your sister have aged may give a good idea as to the subtle changes in Deanna.

Also I think a good idea for distribution of age enhanced pictures is hospitals. Even healthy individuals have lab work or xrays, mammograms, etc. done. Especially with your Moms history, Deanna may have had screenings done.

I hope the new year will be the year you get good news about your sisters whereabouts!!

Oh, wanted to add that being in Killeen I will be MOST happy to do whatever I can to help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE