TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such wonderful news! Thank you Missie put it on the facebook page too-yeah!!!

Deanna was a young girl who went missing too. 20 yrs later she is still missing...

Thank you elepher! Bekki helped out a lot on this! She was able to track down some photos from their paternal side of the family. I won't go into details about all of that as it is a pretty sensitive and tragic set of events, but Deanna and her paternal Grandma looked so much alike at a young age it was definitely a "Whoa" moment.
The artist did a super amazing job!!!

Missie--Does Sgt D have any new info? Do you know if he has talked to Skipper yet?

I know, good question, huh? Deanna has not received the care and attention she deserved, I think because LE wrote her off years ago as a runaway. :furious: JMO

Hi guys - I am just starting looking at this case - went back to the beginning to see how this developed, etc (I am only on post 46 in the first thread!) but.. why is Deanna not listed on Killeen PD page as a cold case or missing person?
http://www.ci.killeen.tx.us/PD/index.php?section=31 cold cases
http://www.ci.killeen.tx.us/PD/index.php?section=30 missing persons

I know I mentioned that it was best to delete this, but go ahead and keep it here so we can discuss this. Somewhere in the old posts we discussed this site-the person who hosts it has incorrect information about Deanna and her circumstances. I believe that Deanna's family asked her to change the info, but she did not, so IMO we should not support this site.

Edit: Opps, sorry El, did not see you had posted too. Perhaps you are right, lets remove the actual link, but you can perhaps change it to "that astrology site" or something like that.

Have you guys seen this page: "THAT ASTROLOGY SITE"

Adding- now have read it all and the person doesn't know the case at all. I will leave it here for - but mods feel free to delete. Based on comments I bet you guys have seen this.

Oh yes, we have seen this - did some chasing around to see who really was behind this. Deanna's sister MissieMt was/is really upset about this and nothing was checked with the family prior to putting it on the internet. It needs to be removed from public comsumption as the person does not know the case at all.

Glad to have you here with fresh eyes on Deanna's case.

I just deleted it as I learned it has been discussed. You must have been posting as I was deleting! I didn't want the family to see it.

I know I mentioned that it was best to delete this, but go ahead and keep it here so we can discuss this. Somewhere in the old posts we discussed this site-the person who hosts it has incorrect information about Deanna and her circumstances. I believe that Deanna's family asked her to change the info, but she did not, so IMO we should not support this site.
I feel horrible putting it here -- I saw it and was hoping the members who do this type thing might look at it. Then I read it and saw the comments and felt the family had seen this and it was not reputable.
I am still reading back - you guys have done so much but as I get ideas I google to see if I get anything and I was actually googling "I ran away" + "Deanna" or some such combo when this popped up. My thought was to google what Deanna might write if she was trying to find her sisters. Anyway, I will keep reading back as I have time.
BTW - I am in KY and I have noticed she might have been up here at one time. If there is anything on the ground in KY that needs to be done, let me know and I will help if I can.

Welcome A News Junkie,

I have cleaned up my post above ... got rid of it as we really don't need to refer to that site.

It is so nice to have some fresh eyes on Deanna's case - welcome. I keep coming back to Deanna's case to relook and rethink things but have not turned up anything new. Sometimes it just takes fresh eyes to take a look around.

Eleph

JulesSleuther did we ever make any further progress on the last lead that we had - see post 576 above which was a take off from your original post about a possible lead?

Oh-don't feel bad, you did nothing wrong, you did not know! :blowkiss: You are in KY? Wahoo, we might just take you up on it. Are you in the Horse Caves area?

I feel horrible putting it here -- I saw it and was hoping the members who do this type thing might look at it. Then I read it and saw the comments and felt the family had seen this and it was not reputable.
I am still reading back - you guys have done so much but as I get ideas I google to see if I get anything and I was actually googling "I ran away" + "Deanna" or some such combo when this popped up. My thought was to google what Deanna might write if she was trying to find her sisters. Anyway, I will keep reading back as I have time.
BTW - I am in KY and I have noticed she might have been up here at one time. If there is anything on the ground in KY that needs to be done, let me know and I will help if I can.

I do not know for certain if that Deanna's birthdate is exactly the same. Later tonight I will put aside some much needed time on Deanna's case and see what else I can find. I really think we need to go back to that night and before. We need to see if we can find some friends of Deanna's and see if they had "heard" anything over the years about where she is.

JulesSleuther did we ever make any further progress on the last lead that we had - see post 576 above which was a take off from your original post about a possible lead?

I am going to finish reading all that you guys have done - but the idea to search for a "Deanna Maryfield" or Deanna Mary Field just came to me and look what came up: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-49022.html

Looks like I am not the only one to think to spell it that way - that must have been a fellow schoolmate whom one of you found.

Again, I will do all the reading - but purging my un-tainted thoughts first is good too.

Hi Everyone! No word on Skipper. I don't think Sgt.D really has an urge to pursue him. He has never said that, but Skipper is very easily located-has been this whole time, and Sgt.D has not pursued questioning him.
As far as her not being on the cold case page, I vaguely remember Sgt.D saying he would have to contact the person who runs the site...

Good Morning everyone!! Bekki has been working with a volunteer at the NCMEC. The volunteer has distributed the new(YAY!) flyer to all of Deanna's old schools and the church we went to when we were really young. Bekki has pretty much taken over the reigns for now, which is good because I've been having some health issues and have not had the energy to do much of anything. Hopefully they can be treated soon and I can get back on the ball.

Bumping for Deanna, Missie, and Bekki. Hoping Missie is feeling better very soon! Bekki, have you heard anything after distributing the flyers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya