Identified! TX - Denton Co., Human remains off highway, Dec'11 - Colby Fitzgerald

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, I'd like to think it's Hailey, too. :(

I know some folks from Mckinney, well, 1.....my 1st love, he's married w/a couple of kids now.Cool, we're pretty much neighbors. I don't live far from UNT at all.

:seeya: nice to meet ya neighbor. I still have a handful of friend in Denton. I'm bringing my 8 year old for some tests at UNT tomorrow. We're trying to narrow down some possible learning disabilities. Still love Denton, feels like home. I lived there 6 years.

A comment on one of the articles led me to Colby Dale Fitzgerald.
Missing since July 2011. According to the comment his car was found right near there. Apparently he left his home in the middle of the night with his 10 year old autistic son asleep there. I'll see what else I can find. The missing poster shows he had a multi colored puzzle piece tattoo. That's the symbol for Autism support.

Actually - missing poster says he's only been missing since August 27th. I can't find any media coverage at all. :(

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/poster/12771

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/colby_fitzgerald

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedconte...stories/DRC_human_remains_1212.32857911b.html
A man discovered the remains at about noon Saturday while looking for fossils in the empty field adjacent to Albertson’s supermarket. The field had been prepared for a retail center a few years ago but hasn’t been completed.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/colby_fitzgerald
His car was found abandoned in Denton Texas off of Highway 35 and University/Highway 380 in an Albertson’s parking lot. It was seemingly out of gas.

Greenpalm,
did u read anything about the man who abandoned his car w/his son in the DRC? I"m just curious because that's the 1st I've heard of it. I stopped my account w/DRC back when it was bought out by a Major Broadcasting Company and changed drastically......but my mom still gets it, reads it cover to cover and had not heard about it either. The DRC used to be just a little Hometown paper that printed all the local news.

I think someone missing w/their autistic child is news worthy but a lot of those things don't show up in our paper anymore but you can bet we know when Lady GaGa is wearing meat or inside an egg......ugh!! Maybe my family missed it but that's doubtful. JMHO

Nevermind Green, Just re read your post about no media coverage.......how sad that is. Where is he and his poor baby!!

:seeya: nice to meet ya neighbor. I still have a handful of friend in Denton. I'm bringing my 8 year old for some tests at UNT tomorrow. We're trying to narrow down some possible learning disabilities. Still love Denton, feels like home. I lived there 6 years.

Sorry I haven't been online in a day or two. I hope your little one will be okay. UNT has some great testing facility's for little ones. You were very close to my house, I won't give too many details but I am close to the new stadium. Good luck w/everything with your little one, I pray all is well.

Thanks for the information Shaye and Greenpalm. It's always helpful to get input from locals. Please keep us posted if you hear anything new.

I agree it's possible the victim is from somewhere other than Denton, considering the location. With two found so close in such a short period of time, you have to wonder if the incidents are related. We've been looking at truck stop murders in the serial killer forum lately. So I'm curious about the one you mentioned Shaye. Do you mean the Race Trac?

No we have so many Race Tracks/Quip Trip stations in the area and more going up every day but there is one right across from the Albertsons on University Drive/US 380.......there is only one Truck Stop in Denton now, which is also the ONLY Greyhound Bus Terminal here too. The Bus terminal had it's own Building off of 35 about 3 miles South of the Truck Stop until about 2 years ago. Truck stop is located on the corner of I35 and HWY 77 within walking distance of the pasture w/the pond where the 1st victim was found and less than a mile where the 2nd was found the other day.

My ex husband lives very close to that pond, was always fishing there. He dropped off our son tonight and read us both the riot act about going out at night, keeping the doors locked and being very careful at all times even during the day. This has him spooked and he don't spook easily.

Bessie, I will definitely keep u posted on anything else I hear. How horrible, it's bad enuff our kids can't even play outside anymore, now we have to worry about going out ourselves!

Greenpalm,
did u read anything about the man who abandoned his car w/his son in the DRC? I"m just curious because that's the 1st I've heard of it. I stopped my account w/DRC back when it was bought out by a Major Broadcasting Company and changed drastically......but my mom still gets it, reads it cover to cover and had not heard about it either. The DRC used to be just a little Hometown paper that printed all the local news.

I think someone missing w/their autistic child is news worthy but a lot of those things don't show up in our paper anymore but you can bet we know when Lady GaGa is wearing meat or inside an egg......ugh!! Maybe my family missed it but that's doubtful. JMHO

I'm sorry. I reread my post and it was confusing. When Colby Dale Fitzgerald went missing, he left his 10 YO son at home alone. The 10 YO is NOT missing. When his son awoke and found no one home he went into a neighbor's vehicle and honked the horn until help came, he is fine and safe. My apologies.

I have it on "good authority" that the detectives think it's likely that these remains belong to CDF. The detectives contacted family members with their suspicions, but they are awaiting DNA results to confirm. (I have no link, you can take the validity of my statements with a grain of salt or as much as you trust me.)

I have to question the seeming lack of effort LE made to look for this man! He's been missing since August 27th, and they find his car in the Albertsons parking lot, then, a badly decomposed body is found in the field adjacent to the very same Albertsons parking lot 3 and a half months later? Did they even do a simple fan out and search in a radius around his vehicle? I guess the answer is no. :(

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/localnews/stories/DRC_Body_identified_1221.35ca34773.html

Authorities identify body found in field

11:38 AM CST on Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Staff report
Authorities have identified the man found December 3 in a field near Interstate 35 and U.S. Highway 380

Colby Dale Fitzgerald, 35, was identified Tuesday after investigators at the Tarrant County medical examiner’s office compared the victim’s dental records.

Fitzgerald had been missing since Aug. 27 after his car was found abandoned in a nearby parking lot. He had apparently run out of gas.

According to a missing person flyer, Fitzgerald had left his 10-year-old son asleep at his home in Allen the night before and was reportedly disoriented.

A man discovered the remains at about noon on that Saturday while looking for fossils in the empty field adjacent to Albertson’s supermarket. The field had been prepared for a retail center a few years ago but hasn’t been completed.

Some clothing was found on the remains, and a rusted hammer was found several feet away, according to a Denton police report.

The man who found it told police that he’s been coming to the field for three years, usually after a good rain, to look for fossils.

He told police the last time he had been there was in late September or early October, but he hadn’t searched the elevated area where the remains were found.

Looks like greenpalm was correct in her assumption.

:rose: Rest in Peace, Colby :rose:

Wow, I just noticed this thread. I too live in Denton/Corinth area. I'm a local news junkie, and I NEVER heard about this guy missing when it happened. I did hear about the remains found. I'm glad they were able to identify them, but good grief. Why was there no media on it? I found Websleuths after my husband stumbled across following the Michelle Parker case. Since then, I've been hooked and can't believe how many missing people there are that get no media coverage. Sad. :(

Wow, I just noticed this thread. I too live in Denton/Corinth area. I'm a local news junkie, and I NEVER heard about this guy missing when it happened. I did hear about the remains found. I'm glad they were able to identify them, but good grief. Why was there no media on it? I found Websleuths after my husband stumbled across following the Michelle Parker case. Since then, I've been hooked and can't believe how many missing people there are that get no media coverage. Sad. :(

I think pretty much every one of our members is shocked when they start searching the Missing forums! Glad you came by and hope to see you come back again!

I'm glad his identity has been confirmed. I understand (again, no link) that his son has had quite a struggle owing to the tremendous disruption of the disappearance. I know autistic children thrive on routines and predictabilty. This would be anything but. I hope the family is able to find a new equilibrium and some peace.

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Human-remains-found-in-North-Texas-field-135381983.html

The article also says the remains have been there one year at the most.

Well, I got on to give everyone an update to the Man found on the Rayzor property and looks like someone beat me to it.

Here's the link to the Denton Record Chronicle, I read it in 2 day's paper but when I looked online I couldn't find it. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/.../denton/vitindex.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb
Back