TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally find it hard to believe that a couple who had just started dating would already be buying expensive real estate together.

Are we sure that KH was still with her new boyfriend? A lot can happen in a very short time. Couples break up overnight. I have not read anything from her family that mentions him or that they were together, happy, in love, etc. I find that strange. In several other cases I have followed recently family and friend's specifically mentioned these things. Have I missed this somewhere? Can anyone find anything that speaks to this? There has been no word from him, his friends, etc., either. Again, I may have simply missed something. I am merely hoping to gain some clarity around this. MOO.

I have questions about this too, but tread softly under TOS. The silence from the boyfriend leads me to think the relationship wasn't that serious.

But, perhaps, he just doesn't want to make a public statement about the horrific murder of his girlfriend and is standing aside for the family to be the public voice for her. I can understand that. I guess.

JMO.

I have questions about this too, but tread softly under TOS. The silence from the boyfriend leads me to think the relationship wasn't that serious.

But, perhaps, he just doesn't want to make a public statement about the horrific murder of his girlfriend and is standing aside for the family to be the public voice for her. I can understand that. I guess.

JMO.

Yes, I can surely appreciate that everyone processes these situations in their own, very personal way. There was a case here in L.A. recently where a young woman was murdered in front of her boyfriend as they walked down the street together. It was clearly a hit, much like this. He remained silent and people suspected him because of it. In the end, he was merely laying low because the police had asked those closest to her to refrain from saying too much to the media. They were already onto the man they ultimately charged for her murder. That said, her family and friends mentioned her boyfriend repeatedly and that she was at her happiest and in love. They hadn't been together very long as well.

<modsnip>

I don't think it's a known fact. It's CC's story that she got $500 from an unknown individual to go drive some unknown male to a robbery. But police hasn't arrested either the unknown male or unknown individual. So I don't believe $500 should be considered a fact. I know warrant states police corroborated her statement, but it's kind of a vague statement.
Does it mean every detail has been corroborated? If so, where are the additional arrests?

<modsnip>

For what it's worth, I tend not to believe the $500 either. It seems to me the facts that the detectives can corroborate are stated as there is both witness and surveillance evidence. I don't see how they can corroborate the $500, unless she walked in with it in her hand along with a receipt from the alleged person who hired her. :)

Yes, I can surely appreciate that everyone processes these situations in their own, very personal way. There was a case here in L.A. recently where a young woman was murdered in front of her boyfriend as they walked down the street together. It was clearly a hit, much like this. He remained silent and people suspected him because of it. In the end, he was merely laying low because the police had asked those closest to her to refrain from saying too much to the media. They were already onto the man they ultimately charged for her murder. That said, her family and friends mentioned her boyfriend repeatedly and that she was at her happiest and in love. They hadn't been together very long as well.

These are wise words of caution against jumping to judgement. Thank you for the reminder.

I don't think it's a known fact. It's CC's story that she got $500 from an unknown individual to go drive some unknown male to a robbery. But police hasn't arrested either the unknown male or unknown individual. So I don't believe $500 should be considered a fact. I know warrant states police corroborated her statement, but it's kind of a vague statement.
Does it mean every detail has been corroborated? If so, where are the additional arrests?

It's my understanding that the facts corroborated were the information about the Jeep. The witness and video confirm how the Jeep entered and exited the garage and that there was another shooter. Also, the Jeep owner and the female who originally borrowed it spoke to the police, so that is corroborated.

I don't think the $500 story has been presented as confirmed, but other facts have been. JMO.

For what it's worth, I tend not to believe the $500 either. It seems to me the facts that the detectives can corroborate are stated as there is both witness and surveillance evidence. I don't see how they can corroborate the $500, unless she walked in with it in her hand along with a receipt from the alleged person who hired her. :)

If they arrest that unknown individual he can corroborate it. But they haven't, so I am not considering it corroborated.

It's my understanding that the facts corroborated were the information about the Jeep. The witness and video confirm how the Jeep entered and exited the garage and that there was another shooter. Also, the Jeep owner and the female who originally borrowed it spoke to the police, so that is corroborated.

I don't think the $500 story has been presented as confirmed, but other facts have been. JMO.

Maybe they just corroborated that she borrowed the Jeep and Jeep entered the garage (because it's on video) and she is driving it (also on video). Is this unknown male on video? I haven't seen that video.

These are wise words of caution against jumping to judgement. Thank you for the reminder.

Also, boyfriend could be a type of person that doesn't like talking to the media. I don't think any conclusions can be made from the fact that he isn't talking.

The warrant stated that CC told LE that she was paid. It does not state that she was indeed paid $500. Bessie's post says that it is considered fact that LE have corroborated CC's story that there was a male in the vehicle who was the shooter.

here is the portion of her post that addresses this

We can speculate about other things: Was CC an innocent dupe? Who hired whom? Was this truly a random robbery? If not, what was the motive? Did CC know the victim?

A lot of room exists for speculation. But in regard to the above, it stands as stated. The shooter was a man, driven to the scene by Cortez. Witness statements and surveillance video show these things to be true.

Also, boyfriend could be a type of person that doesn't like talking to the media. I don't think any conclusions can be made from the fact that he isn't talking.

He might be very frightened. I think there is a possibility that one of his ex girlfriends put this hit together.

I personally find it hard to believe that a couple who had just started dating would already be buying expensive real estate together.

Are we sure that KH was still with her new boyfriend? A lot can happen in a very short time. Couples break up overnight. I have not read anything from her family that mentions him or that they were together, happy, in love, etc. I find that strange. In several other cases I have followed recently family and friend's specifically mentioned these things. Have I missed this somewhere? Can anyone find anything that speaks to this? There has been no word from him, his friends, etc., either. Again, I may have simply missed something. I am merely hoping to gain some clarity around this. MOO.

--on Kendra's f/b page, she had just--august 28th-- changed her cover photo to one of "the painted ladies" (the San Fran character homes shown on the "Full House" TV show intro) also uploaded pics , august 28th, august 29th, of her and her current boyfriend, driving around/biking around San Fran, Golden Gate park etc.

--it's so sad, they look like the 'perfect couple' in pics.

--it's my opinion that he isn't speaking b/c he was advised not to by LE, and that he is absolutely heart broken.

It seems the double charge was due to the spelling of her name so they will fix the mistake on Tuesday.

Editor's note: Jail records initially misspelled Cortes' last name. The error was corrected, but capital murder charges were listed under both spellings over the holiday weekend, totaling $1 million bond. The charge filed under the misspelling will be dropped Tuesday and records will show $500,000 bond, police said

He might be very frightened. I think there is a possibility that one of his ex girlfriends put this hit together.

He also has a medical practice, and quite possibly, doesn't want to scare his patients.

This reminds me of the D.C. case (father, mother, housekeeper, child killed). The family was also silent in the media. I think some families receive good advice and they heed it. I respect that.

Though, I admit, I wish we knew more.

It reminds me of the Savopoulos case too....but not in a good way. A quick arrest, many, many unanswered questions, and, in that case, fade to black...nothing, nada, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay