TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So just sitting here thinking about all of this. As fast as they arrested Crystal and as many news stories about another person...a shooter I would think there would be an arrest by now?

This was moving really fast. I thought maybe since it was a holiday weekend that was the reason everything calmed down but heck Police and Detectives never rest. They seem to go 24/7.

So now I am thinking perhaps this IS more than a rag tag bunch out for a quick hit on somebody with $$.

It takes money to take off to South of the Border and I don't think Crystal's friends look like the type that could hide out for long.

So perhaps we are looking for bigger fish in this lake of crime???

MOO

Agree with you on this. Read a few articles about drug cartel connection to dental offices, specifically in Texas. Makes one wonder if KH was seen as a threat to some illegal goings on??!!

Second arrest made in Dentist murder case
Dallas police have arrested an apparent accomplice in the death of Kendra Hatcher, the popular young dentist who was killed and robbed last week. As the search goes on for the killer, it remains a mystery why someone simply intent on robbery would also take the life of the popular children's dentist. For TODAY, NBC's Kerry Sanders reports.

http://www.today.com/video/analyst-...-of-trouble-with-custody-hearing-518588483614

Well that's strange. They were so open about Crystal's arrest but this one I had to watch the video a couple of times and still wasn't sure if they were talking about the arrest of Crystal or a new one.

There is a ******** account up to pay for Kendra's funeral. I haven't been able to find it but that was part of the video news.

Strange they would be asking for money to bury a dentist???

MOO of course.

Second arrest made in Dentist murder case
Dallas police have arrested an apparent accomplice in the death of Kendra Hatcher, the popular young dentist who was killed and robbed last week. As the search goes on for the killer, it remains a mystery why someone simply intent on robbery would also take the life of the popular children's dentist. For TODAY, NBC's Kerry Sanders reports.

http://www.today.com/video/analyst-...-of-trouble-with-custody-hearing-518588483614

Well that's strange. They were so open about Crystal's arrest but this one I had to watch the video a couple of times and still wasn't sure if they were talking about the arrest of Crystal or a new one.

There is a ******** account up to pay for Kendra's funeral. I haven't been able to find it but that was part of the video news.

Strange they would be asking for money to bury a dentist???

MOO of course.

I thought that was strange too, but I'm assuming it wasn't a family member who started the account but someone outside the family. The family seems perfectly capable and willing to arrange a funeral for Kendra. I'm assuming the fund is an expression of admiration by acquaintances and outsiders rather than a plea for money from the family. (I'm willing to bet the family wishes the fund didn't exist.)

JMO.

Why would they start in a parking garage with security cameras and guards?
I think victim was specifically targeted, and not for robbery.

Of course. it's obvious it was a targeted hit. They/Crystal went into the parking garage and waiting for Kendra. Perhaps Kendra fired Crystal.....that is if they ever worked together.

Just because KH was a dentist, doesn't mean her family is wealthy. The fund us for funeral costs and traveling expenses. It takes awhile to settle estatesand life insurance (if there is any).

When my first husband died, his mother had to scrabble to get a loan to pay for his funeral. It was very hard on her.

I thought that was strange too, but I'm assuming it wasn't a family member who started the account but someone outside the family. The family seems perfectly capable and willing to arrange a funeral for Kendra. I'm assuming the fund is an expression of admiration by acquaintances and outsiders rather than a plea for money from the family. (I'm willing to bet the family wishes the fund didn't exist.)

JMO.

As young as she was, she may not have had life insurance. I understand she has and was working for one of the pediatric dental chains. She may or may not have been eligible for benefits depending on her employment status. I would bet that dentists who work for one of the chain outfits do not make nearly as much as others. Remember, these chains are in the business of making $$ and those at the top are making way more than anyone else. I worked as a home health nurse for what could be considered an agency that was part of a chain and pay for nursing staff who went out and cared for patients were paid low and only per visit, none salaried, except office staff, and would only have benefits if they saw a certain number of patients. Full time field staff were in trouble financially and benefit wise if the census was low (they wouldn't have enough visits).

Of course. it's obvious it was a targeted hit. They/Crystal went into the parking garage and waiting for Kendra. Perhaps Kendra fired Crystal.....that is if they ever worked together.

I would doubt Crystal had the means to bankroll this hit.

Wonder who paid the shooter? If they paid $500 for a ride, must have been a whole lot more for the hit.

Do we know that the shooter and the person who paid CC $500 to drive aren't the same person?

Nothing about a second arrest on Dallas news. Do you think Today got it wrong?

Something has been knawing at me. KH's family has stated that she was planning to buy a home in San Francisco. I know the San Francisco real estate market fairly well and you have to make an incredible amount of money to be able to afford a place in the city (or have a great deal in the bank). Most people can't even afford to rent there with dumpy studio apartments often fetching $2500 or more. A dentist working for a dental chain does not earn that much. Was there a link between the ability to buy a place in one of the most expensive cities to live in in the US and this murder? I say this with respect and a genuine desire to understand what could have led up to this horrific loss of an obviously lovely woman's life. Even people I know who work for tech companies in Silicon Valley with six figure incomes can't afford to buy a place in San Francisco. Something doesn't fit for me, unless she was planning to buy a place with her new beau.

I don't think TODAY itself got it wrong, I think whoever writes the captions for the videos got it wrong.

Something has been knawing at me. KH's family has stated that she was planning to buy a home in San Francisco. I know the San Francisco real estate market fairly well and you have to make an incredible amount of money to be able to afford a place in the city (or have a great deal in the bank). Most people can't even afford to rent there with dumpy studio apartments often fetching $2500 or more. A dentist working for a dental chain does not earn that much. Was there a link between the ability to buy a place in one of the most expensive cities to live in in the US and this murder? I say this with respect and a genuine desire to understand what could have led up to this horrific loss of an obviously lovely woman's life. Even people I know who work for tech companies in Silicon Valley with six figure incomes can't afford to buy a place in San Francisco. Something doesn't fit for me, unless she was planning to buy a place with her new beau.

After going through her FB I got the feeling she has money. If not her own then she has family money. And I think she was going to move to SF with her boyfriend (he has some connections to the area). JMO.

I don't think TODAY itself got it wrong, I think whoever writes the captions for the videos got it wrong.

I think you're right. The headline and caption are this, BBM:

"Second arrest made in Dentist murder case
Dallas police have arrested an apparent accomplice in the death of Kendra Hatcher, the popular young dentist who was killed and robbed last week. As the search goes on for the killer, it remains a mystery why someone simply intent on robbery would also take the life of the popular children's dentist. For TODAY, NBC's Kerry Sanders reports."

I think the headline writer saw that an accomplice (who would be Crystal) was arrested and assumed that meant a second arrest. Wrong.

There is nothing in the accompanying video about a second arrest. Zilch.

Bummer.

After going through her FB I got the feeling she has money. If not her own then she has family money. And I think she was going to move to SF with her boyfriend (he has some connections to the area). JMO.

Another question comes up for me. If there is family money, did someone recently die and was there an inheritance involved? I know first hand how ugly these things can get. I am trying to look for other motives for this murder outside of the jealous ex from either side that seems plausible to me. Money and revenge are at the top of my list.

Hmmm. Intriguing. For some reason, I thought Kendra was getting married and she and Ricky were both relocating and buying together. But now I can't find any msm articles which say that specifically.

I know highly-rated doctors who go with a particular hospital or practice have huge negotiating power. So much that they can get their student loans paid off and are guaranteed a certain employment period AND a living stipend. That scenario could apply to Ricky, Kenda, or both! They were both talented. Maybe Ricky more so, as his publications are breath-taking.

So now I will have to go through all of the MSM articles and see if there was a reference to job transfers for Ricky and/or Kendra. :/

A professional in her 30s without kids could probably have accumulated a good stash of money to be used for travel that she seemed to enjoy and on housing in an expensive city like SF, even if her income wasn't sky-high. If she were planning to move to SF with her boyfriend, who is a doctor, I think they could afford it. And "SF" could mean surrounding, more-affordable area, not necessarily SF itself.

I'm not entirely convinced that move was a concrete plan. I read it as sort of a "throw away" comment by a relative as a way of explaining that Kendra loved life and had plans, which may have included a desire to live in SF. I don't know if the move was a for-sure thing.

If the move was definitely happening, it could be a clue in the timing of her death. Maybe someone who wanted her dead had to do it now or lose the chance once she moved. But, that's still a "maybe" in my mind.

JMO.

Nothing about a second arrest on Dallas news. Do you think Today got it wrong?

I'm thinking the "second person" is an NBC5/Today error of some sort.

I looked at Tweets from the NBC Dallas affiliate and none of those working today have said a word about a second arrest. Not even a "we're looking into...."

@EllenBryanNBC5 did tweet this morning about doing cut-ins for the Today Show.

She included a photo which shows the teleprompter and her script. Both can be read in the photos; her piece was clearly about the Hatcher murder, but no mention of a second arrest in what can be seen.

(Sorry I don't know how to link to the tweet or post a screenshot. Still learning the new tricks with new-to-me tech.)

As you said, nothing in any of the DFW media. I checked all that I follow. Holiday or not, the highly-competitve-we-never-sleep DFW media would be all over it if there has been a second arrest that DPD is good with the public knowing about.

If not an interpretation error by someone at Today, it could be possible that Today/NBC5 has information they have been asked to hold/pull because it could impact any further arrests.

In a pulling-the-story scenario, it's way too possible that previously prepared blurbs get overlooked.

To me, the content in the blurb doesn't really go with the video content. Nothing in the corresponding video includes anything that seems to be from Bryant's script, either.

I'm taking a wait-and-see about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay