TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't meant to "crap" on the DPD; my views are based on being a long time Dallas County resident. Dallas PD are understaffed, and that's not the fault of the investigators. Honestly, I suspect that the detectives on the case were not aware that BD was released from custody. The Dallas Co jail is rife with bureaucratic apathy, clerical errors, et al - if you look at the published warrants for KL and BD, the Arrest Status of both is listed as "In Jail" - and both warrants issued at the same time Dallas Co DA returned from her lengthy absence.

My words were meant for those who have been disparaging the DPD. If you weren't one of those, then, no harm, no foul.

Here is something to think about, though: All of these people doing all this talking are focused on the progress of a case that is spotlighted because this was a beautiful, accomplished white woman gunned down in an affluent community. So, it took a month to work out the particulars associated with this case.

Try this: how many OTHER crimes do you think occurred in Dallas in the same time frame as Kendra Hatcher's? How many other crimes has Dallas Police wrapped up that you know absolutely nothing about - because, well, those people aren't Kendra or anyone like her. I mean, people who don't have Kendra's social standing.

Point being, everybody's doing all this talking and they have no clue what is going on with the DPD, even if there is public knowledge that they are understaffed. There is one poster here who expects them to be perfect and to solve everything like they do on television in one tidy hour or over the course of a ten-episode season. Life doesn't work like that.

Specifically, Jseour, no matter what you "suspect" DPD knew or didn't know, you have no way of knowing. Fact is, without evidence of her complicity in this murder, not hearsay, police in another jurisdiction had no legal standing to hold BD. Another thing, if DPD was aware that she had been picked up, what would make you "suspect" that they didn't know she'd been released?

All I was asking was for people to be fair to the police. No more, no less.

My words were meant for those who have been disparaging the DPD. If you weren't one of those, then, no harm, no foul.

Here is something to think about, though: All of these people doing all this talking are focused on the progress of a case that is spotlighted because this was a beautiful, accomplished white woman gunned down in an affluent community. So, it took a month to work out the particulars associated with this case.

Try this: how many OTHER crimes do you think occurred in Dallas in the same time frame as Kendra Hatcher's? How many other crimes has Dallas Police wrapped up that you know absolutely nothing about - because, well, those people aren't Kendra or anyone like her. I mean, people who don't have Kendra's social standing.

Point being, everybody's doing all this talking and they have no clue what is going on with the DPD, even if there is public knowledge that they are understaffed. There is one poster here who expects them to be perfect and to solve everything like they do on television in one tidy hour or over the course of a ten-episode season. Life doesn't work like that.

Specifically, Jseour, no matter what you "suspect" DPD knew or didn't know, you have no way of knowing. Fact is, without evidence of her complicity in this murder, not hearsay, police in another jurisdiction had no legal standing to hold BD. Another thing, if DPD was aware that she had been picked up, what would make you "suspect" that they didn't know she'd been released?

All I was asking was for people to be fair to the police. No more, no less.

No harm no foul indeed. Not only did the daily and unanticipated crimes continue, but at a time DPD have been targeted for terrorist like attacks and threats - I get it, I get it. More than you'll ever know. this isn't a movie and investigations are rightly methodical and there are often very good reason why details are lacking. That said, she wasn't "picked up" - she walked in ... https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/d...900&agency=61&id=15049556&searchType=offender

Honestly, after the circus that was the trial for the killer of Travis Alexander (or 281129, as we now call her), I'd rather see BD's arse on the line in Texas with the possibility of life without parole. It only takes one juror to take the death penalty off the table for sentencing, even in Capital murder cases. Plus capital cases get more media spotlight not to mention an automatic appeal if the convicted is sentenced to death.

If a person is not a Mexican citizen, the USA can request a deportation, which does not require assurances that the death penalty will not be applied.

http://www.tdcaa.com/journal/update-pursuit-fugitives-who-flee-mexico

To pursue an extradition from Mexico, one must first have an address for the fugitive in Mexico. This may seem like an odd requirement, but the U.S. Marshals Service or the FBI can assist in this matter. Both agencies have offices in Mexico City, and both are well-connected and have ample sources in Mexico that can yield an address for the fugitive. Also, the Procuraduria General de la Republica of Mexico (abbreviated PGR; this is the attorney general’s office) can help. The PGR has five offices in the U.S., any one of which can be contacted for assistance. People there are always willing to help.

Once an address for the fugitive is obtained, the first step is to request a Provisional Arrest Warrant (PAW). This is a warrant issued by the Mexican authorities pursuant to the treaty. A state warrant from Texas or any other state in the U.S. is not valid in Mexico.

Read more about the process at

A random question as I haven't read each and every post, apologies if this is a repeat. Has CC's or BD's family ever expressed condolences to Kendra's family? I have skimmed over what they put out there to the press but never saw any type of condolences for their extreme loss. I think this case has touched so many of us for a number of reasons. I think Kendra was an inspiration to those that are either in school or trying to figure out what to do with their lives. She had so much success and worked so very hard for it. She gave back to the community and poor. She was filled with hopes and dreams like the rest of us, yet had accomplished so much in her life. She had struggles like we all do, and one being a marriage that resulted in divorce. Yet she remained positive and carried on. I don't know many that have gone through life without being broken or hurt by someone they cared about. It's a life lesson and you move on and take the good times you had with that person, accept that better things are in store. I am so very sorry that Brenda Delgado was incapable of moving on or getting help. She must be a very broken person inside with so much hate, it's hard to fathom not only having thoughts of murder but to carry it out is unconscionable.

A random question as I haven't read each and every post, apologies if this is a repeat. Has CC's or BD's family ever expressed condolences to Kendra's family? I have skimmed over what they put out there to the press but never saw any type of condolences for their extreme loss. I think this case has touched so many of us for a number of reasons. I think Kendra was an inspiration to those that are either in school or trying to figure out what to do with their lives. She had so much success and worked so very hard for it. She gave back to the community and poor. She was filled with hopes and dreams like the rest of us, yet had accomplished so much in her life. She had struggles like we all do, and one being a marriage that resulted in divorce. Yet she remained positive and carried on. I don't know many that have gone through life without being broken or hurt by someone they cared about. It's a life lesson and you move on and take the good times you had with that person, accept that better things are in store. I am so very sorry that Brenda Delgado was incapable of moving on or getting help. She must be a very broken person inside with so much hate, it's hard to fathom not only having thoughts of murder but to carry it out is unconscionable.

Well said.....No, I haven't read either family expressing condolences to Kendra's family. They are only trying to protect their daughters and are in MAJOR denial !

I really can't imagine BD outsmarting the FBI/DPD. I hope they get her within the next few days.

Just a thought...wouldn't it be awful if BD went to some isolated spot and killed herself, and we would never know what happened to her? Whether she got away and was living somewhere in the world? That would be so frustrating!

If a person is not a Mexican citizen, the USA can request a deportation, which does not require assurances that the death penalty will not be applied.

To pursue an extradition from Mexico, one must first have an address for the fugitive in Mexico. This may seem like an odd requirement, but the U.S. Marshals Service or the FBI can assist in this matter. Both agencies have offices in Mexico City, and both are well-connected and have ample sources in Mexico that can yield an address for the fugitive. Also, the Procuraduria General de la Republica of Mexico (abbreviated PGR; this is the attorney general’s office) can help. The PGR has five offices in the U.S., any one of which can be contacted for assistance. People there are always willing to help.

Once an address for the fugitive is obtained, the first step is to request a Provisional Arrest Warrant (PAW). This is a warrant issued by the Mexican authorities pursuant to the treaty. A state warrant from Texas or any other state in the U.S. is not valid in Mexico.

Read more about the process at

We don't seem to know if BD is or isn't a Mexican citizen. Her family roots are in Mexico. Was she born there? If she was, seem Mexico won't extradite her.

Just a thought...wouldn't it be awful if BD went to some isolated spot and killed herself, and we would never know what happened to her? Whether she got away and was living somewhere in the world? That would be so frustrating!

I thought about that, too

I go back and forth with thinking she is in Mexico or hiding out in the Grove, if she is in the Grove, I would think she will turn up. Someone has to be supporting her unless she is financially independent, which I doubt. She woul have to have some pretty darn good friends to hide her and how long could that last! If she is in Mexico, I would venture to guess that her family would have to be involved. I can't see her just crossing into a mexican border town and depending on the kindness of others to hide her. Seems like she could easily end up being trafficked into God knows what, maybe she will end up chained to a bed in so e sleepy brothel.

Sorry about the typos! Above comment was supposed to end with: chained to a bed in some sleazy brothel!

She must have an automobile if she had traffic violations, no news about her vehicle being tracked, or a BOLO for her vehicle. I would like to know so us locals could BOLO

I suppose she could have driven her car to El Paso and crossed the border into Juarez, or Brownsville into Matamoros or even Presidio TX into Ojinaga. Then had her car painted and changed tags or what ever, but not without $$$ or favors, lots of opportunity for someone to take advantage and/or control of her. Hear horror stories all the time about what can happen to a young desperate women in a border town. Ya, we may never know what becomes of her.

We don't seem to know if BD is or isn't a Mexican citizen. Her family roots are in Mexico. Was she born there? If she was, seem Mexico won't extradite her.

I checked the Texas birth index and I don't find her on it. She could have been born in another state, but I'm thinking she was born in Mexico. And if not, she may have Mexican citizenship by way of her parents.

Wherever BD is, she sure had a good long head start. Just plain stupid.

I really hope she's hiding out in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8