TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If her family hired their own investigators, would whatever evidence they found be admissable ??

Can a Texas resident fill me in on "Pleasant Grove" or whatever the suburb is called that CC lived in? A poster up-tread mentioned something about it not being a great place. I ask because I'm wondering if there's a "anti-snitch" motive going with CC, and she knows retribution will take place so she's not talking?

Can a Texas resident fill me in on "Pleasant Grove" or whatever the suburb is called that CC lived in? A poster up-tread mentioned something about it not being a great place. I ask because I'm wondering if there's a "anti-snitch" motive going with CC, and she knows retribution will take place so she's not talking?

Well, it's anything but "pleasant" in "The Grove" (as they call it). High crime, gang activity, drug activity and Urban Dictionary calls it the "krunkest" place in the Dallas metroplex. It has its mixtures of Blacks and Hispanics.

According to surveys and crime statistics based on the state of Texas, Pleasant Grove has 3 times as many murders as Oak Cliff (a nearby high crime, high poverty area), 12 times as many rapes, 5 times as many armed robberies, and is one of the leading problems in America as far as illegaly exported arms.

From Urban Dictionary: "In Pleasant Grove news coverage has stopped depicting violent crimes in its articles because it's old news. People die here everyday, it's nothin'. In Oak Cliff, some b**** gets stabbed and spends a night in the ICU and the whole ****in' hood is now gangsta. Y'all come over here, spend 30 minutes in my hood, then go home and be ****in' glad this ain't the life you gotta live."

Does that give you a clearer picture of where BD and CC grew up? :)

From Kspiller's link above:

Family members said their home was shot at three days after Hatcher's murder. According to a police report:

"A person in a dark colored Jeep fired one shot... turned off the headlights and fired one more time."

I now am wondering if the entire shooting at the Cortes home was made up. Oh gee, a dark colored Jeep....

Yeah those are awfully convenient new details, aren't they?

They keep painting themselves into a corner though, with respect to getting CC's child back.

Well, it's anything but "pleasant" in "The Grove" (as they call it). High crime, gang activity, drug activity and Urban Dictionary calls it the "krunkest" place in the Dallas metroplex. It has its mixtures of Blacks and Hispanics.

According to surveys and crime statistics based on the state of Texas, Pleasant Grove has 3 times as many murders as Oak Cliff (a nearby high crime, high poverty area), 12 times as many rapes, 5 times as many armed robberies, and is one of the leading problems in America as far as illegaly exported arms.

From Urban Dictionary: "In Pleasant Grove news coverage has stopped depicting violent crimes in its articles because it's old news. People die here everyday, it's nothin'. In Oak Cliff, some b**** gets stabbed and spends a night in the ICU and the whole ****in' hood is now gangsta. Y'all come over here, spend 30 minutes in my hood, then go home and be ****in' glad this ain't the life you gotta live."

Does that give you a clearer picture of where BD and CC grew up? :)

BBM

In other words, life is cheap. :( So maybe a $500 hit isn't so far off the money.

It has been over 20 years ago, but my husband's cousin and her family lived in the Grove. A hit was put out on one of their neighbors. She was killed, and the price of the hit was "a few quaaludes". They moved to DeSoto, another suburb.

Is it possible that considering the area of town CC is from, LE figures the crime is wrapped up and there is nothing more to it? Isn't that like profiling? Granted she did wrong, but I don't think she was alone in committing this crime. What did she have to gain? Would her motive really be? Was this a thrill kill for her alone? I really don't get LE claiming to not have enough for other arrest. It's been over 3 weeks now!!! Can say glad I don't live in Dallas, unfortunately I have a niece and her family that live there.

I was reading this article and noticed CC's house has not been searched. I wonder why?!? I have followed many cases on here and all of their houses have been searched. There could be evidence there linking her to the crime as well as linking someone else.

Also in the article it states the department is short, Homicide Detectives and that is affecting the case. If true, that is sad and not fair to Kendra and her family. I do not fault the DA one bit. They can only pursue this case and charges against people based on the evidence and if LE has none of not enough, what are they suppose to do? I hope in time they will find enough evidence or CC will speak providing them with information.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...atcher-crystal-cortes-dallas-police/72703006/

I was reading this article and noticed CC's house has not been searched. I wonder why?!? I have followed many cases on here and all of their houses have been searched. There could be evidence there linking her to the crime as well as linking someone else.

Really it is unthinkable that CC's home was not searched. I don't understand why it hasn't been searched.

I am not going to assume the case is messed up, or that no more arrests will come after less than a month. Some cases, especially those involving "hits" or multiple perps can takes years to put together. Jmo

We've discussed the 2 separate Capital Murder charges reflected on the Dallas County Inmate site - here are screenshots of the 2 different arraignments - Case F1576258 - Crystal Cortes was arraigned 9/5/15 8:06 am by Magistrate La Donna Harlan, and Case F1576259 - Crystal Cortes was arraigned 9/5/15 5:20pm by Magistrate Terry Landwehr. And along with those documents there's also the document for her indigent defense and request for court appointed attorney (on the Dallas county court website) & that document also reflects two Capital Murder charges. (not posting a screenshot of that.)

F1576258.jpg
F1576259.jpg

We've discussed the 2 separate Capital Murder charges reflected on the Dallas County Inmate site - here are screenshots of the 2 different arraignments - Case F1576258 - Crystal Cortes was arraigned 9/5/15 8:06 am by Magistrate La Donna Harlan, and Case F1576259 - Crystal Cortes was arraigned 9/5/15 5:20pm by Magistrate Terry Landwehr. And along with those documents there's also the document for her indigent defense and request for court appointed attorney (on the Dallas county court website) & that document also reflects two Capital Murder charges. (not posting a screenshot of that.)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yes it does indeed show two different case numbers. But why?

Yes it does indeed show two different case numbers. But why?

Could reflect the state of LE in general in Dallas. Or, maybe they did something wrong the first time and had to do it over. Starting to seem a little Three Stooges like.

They worked in the same medical building although I'm not sure if that is how they met.

Thanks. Since all parties concerned are in the dentistry field, I am wondering if there is more of a connection between them that we are not aware of. I feel like something is missing to this story.

They worked in the same medical building although I'm not sure if that is how they met.

could you please provide a link for that?

My understanding is that RP is a dermatologist on the teaching faculty at the University medical school, and that Kendra worked for a chain dental clinic. Hard to imagine they would actually work in the same building.

Not sure if posted already but CC's FB is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessicawilliams0