GUILTY TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As far as I can tell, US law enforcement can't go into other countries arresting people.

"The Mexican Attorney General's Office Criminal Investigation Agency (CIA), arrested Brenda Berenice Delgado Reynaga a 33-year-old wanted by the District Court of Dallas County, Texas for murder."

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/repo...d-dentist-murder-arrested-in-mexico/126765904
BBM

You are correct that U.S. LE can't go into other countries to arrest people. There is a process they have to follow in line with a treaty. Once the paperwork is in order, Mexican authorities make the arrest. I've posted this link before, but here is a quote showing how the process works, and why it wasn't instantaneous:

First things first
To pursue an extradition from Mexico, one must first have an address for the fugitive in Mexico. This may seem like an odd requirement, but the U.S. Marshals Service or the FBI can assist in this matter. Both agencies have offices in Mexico City, and both are well-connected and have ample sources in Mexico that can yield an address for the fugitive. Also, the Procuraduria General de la Republica of Mexico (abbreviated PGR; this is the attorney general’s office) can help. The PGR has five offices in the U.S., any one of which can be contacted for assistance. People there are always willing to help.
Once an address for the fugitive is obtained, the first step is to request a Provisional Arrest Warrant (PAW). This is a warrant issued by the Mexican authorities pursuant to the treaty. A state warrant from Texas or any other state in the U.S. is not valid in Mexico.

Provisional arrest warrant
To request a PAW, the Department of Justice requires a certified copy of a capias, certified copy of the indictment, and draft of the extradition package. This last requirement, the draft of the extradition package, previously was not required in seeking a provisional arrest warrant. But these days, DOJ likes to have a draft of the extradition package to expedite the process.
DOJ will review all of the affidavits and documents submitted in the package; therefore, the draft must contain all of the necessary affidavits (unsigned—more on why later), and all the other required documents and evidence. DOJ will review the package carefully, and once it is satisfied that there is enough evidence to move forward, officials there will request the PAW.
Armed with a PAW, the Mexican Federal Police will arrest the fugitive in Mexico. Once this occurs, the clock begins to run on the requirement that the formal extradition package be delivered to the Mexican authorities within 60 days of the fugitive’s arrest, or the fugitive will be released.

Note that the U.S. now has 60 days to deliver the formal extradition package to the Mexican government. The section of this link immediately after the part I've quoted describes what is involved in putting together the formal extradition package. The draft being approved by the U.S. DOJ before BD's arrest ensures that the formal extradition package can be submitted within the 60 days. But it's important to understand the complexity involved in getting the provisional arrest warrant.

http://www.tdcaa.com/journal/update-pursuit-fugitives-who-flee-mexico

This is a random comment. On numerous threads I see WSers understandably upset that someone hasn't been arrested, or has not been under surveillance, or that LE doesn't seem to be doing their job, etc. I would like to encourage everyone to understand their rights as citizens. Those rights are for our protection and may allow a suspect/criminal the same protection, but we can't have it both ways. If I were unjustly suspected of a crime, I would want my rights respected. We can't expect fewer rights for someone else...even if we "know" they are guilty. With those rights in place, Justice moves more slowly and hopefully more fairly and accurately. Without those rights, we'd see extreme abuses of power (more than exist already at times) and have anarchy. I can think of a few countries in this situation and I wouldn't want to live there. We need to be careful what we wish for. :)

Regarding the $100,000 reward: Probably will go to some corrupt Mexican official...Not being anti-Mexican...Just stating a well-documented fact about the LE there...

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/10/...-delgado-planned-to-surrender-before-capture/

Accused killer Brenda Delgado sits in a jail cell in Mexico, awaiting extradition back to Dallas. But her current situation wasn’t according to an original plan carefully construed between the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Delgado’s attorney, George Milner.

Milner was to hire a group of men to go to the area where Delgado was staying and bring her to the Mexico side of the Laredo border. There she would surrender to FBI agents after agreeing that the state would not seek the death penalty at trial. The entire surrender was supposed to have happened Saturday.

But before the plan could get rolling, Mexican authorities located Delgado and arrested her. She will now be transferred to Mexico City where she will await extradition.

Milner said it’s unlikely she will fight that, but regardless the process could take weeks or even months.

I am very glad she was finally caught. I just wonder what will come out at trial. I also wonder if she really had ties to a mexican drug cartel.

I wonder if they partially blame him. It's so sad....

It is terribly sad but I can't imagine that reasonable people would even partially blame him for having a murderous vindictive ex. Based on what we know from MSM he did nothing wrong. I'm sure he blames himself though, even if he has no reason.

I don't know how to post a link to Dallas county court records/docs but I'll look up this case every now and then to see if BD has been extradited and/or if there have been any updates. Found one....but not about BD, it's about CC. Apparently she's being threatened in jail by another inmate - stating that inmate is going to make up lies/details about KH case against CC to benefit inmate. It's a hand written statement by CC.

Just interesting and a fyi. Was hoping to find docs stating if/when BD would be transferred to Dallas county. No such luck.

I don't know how to post a link to Dallas county court records/docs but I'll look up this case every now and then to see if BD has been extradited and/or if there have been any updates. Found one....but not about BD, it's about CC. Apparently she's being threatened in jail by another inmate - stating that inmate is going to make up lies/details about KH case against CC to benefit inmate. It's a hand written statement by CC.

Just interesting and a fyi. Was hoping to find docs stating if/when BD would be transferred to Dallas county. No such luck.

View attachment PublicAccessProvider.pdf

That mail has her address on it to send letters...I would love to send her a letter to tell her she is a for killing my friend and I hope that inmate does threaten her...sorry sleuthers I am still just hurt by this case

Just checking for updates....Wish they would get BD back in the US!

Does anyone have any updates???

Nothing yet per Dallas court records.

The last note of entry for BD was on 4/29/2016 which was a request of records by her attorney. The last entries for KL and CC (respectively) are shown below.

K Love.jpgC Cortes.jpg

Thanks. So looks like some court action will be happening in September?

No, don't get your hopes up as their cases have been rescheduled every couple of months as to 'suggest' that once BD is extradited the legal process can once again proceed.

Wow!

[video=twitter;784060007293652992]https://twitter.com/realAustinYork/status/784060007293652992[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back