TX - Dr. Mark Hausknecht, 65, Physician to GHW Bush killed in bicycle drive-by shooting, Houston

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Doctor had three gunshot wounds. One in the head, the other two into torso and left upper extremity. The shooter had to be experienced, I would think, since it's hard to hit a moving target, let alone in the head. Sounds like he wanted to make sure that the doctor ended up dead-head wounds are hard to survive.
"A renowned Houston cardiologist fatally shot Friday while biking to work suffered three gunshot wounds, Harris County forensics officials have confirmed."
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...doctor-sustained-three-wounds-in-13102249.php

I hadn’t thought about choosing to shoot him in the front speaking volumes. Good point in relation to it being ‘personal’.

He must of known about the lack of traffic light cams there, but on the other hand not accounting for the Metro bus, vans, etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...rge-hw-bush-murdered-broad-daylight-45350?amp

"Let's be crystal clear, this is 1,000-percent personal," he said. "He could have shot him in the back and been guaranteed anonymity because he was riding up behind him. Instead, he elected to go in front of him, pivot, and shoot him in the front — that speaks volumes."

Police released another image. Suspect looks even more chubby in that one.
New images released of suspect wanted in killing of Bush's former doctor
I noticed in one of the earlier released photos/vid, and I see it in the one above- to me it looks like the killer has something in his left hand and that hand is not on the handle bar. It doesn't quite look like a handgun, but what else would it be? Being pre-planned, it doesn't seem like he'd actually have the gun in his hand at that point, if he was waiting to reach the area with scaffolding, but I suppose the exact area he shot from might not as been as carefully planned as we think?

I noticed in one of the earlier released photos/vid, and I see it in the one above- to me it looks like the killer has something in his left hand and that hand is not on the handle bar. It doesn't quite look like a handgun, but what else would it be? Being pre-planned, it doesn't seem like he'd actually have the gun in his hand at that point, if he was waiting to reach the area with scaffolding, but I suppose the exact area he shot from might not as been as carefully planned as we think?
There is definitely something dark on his left hand but I don't know if he is holding something in his left hand or he is wearing a dark glove or a fit bit on his left hand?

Given the fact that MH was internationally recognized as a renowned cardiologist who treated an American president, I would guess he had many patients who came from other countries based on his reputation alone. The Houston Medical Center often reminds me of an international airport terminal as you hear so many different languages being spoken. I love that about our city.

That does expand the circle of possibilities when examining the professional and personal relationships MH had as part of this investigation. If one of MH’s international patients had a negative outcome of his/her illness, and those closest to that patient blamed the doctor and decided to take an eye for an eye, it would complicate tracking down the suspect as he could be out of the country by now. I expect LE is scouring the patient files of MH’s caseload. Which makes me wonder how accessible those records would be with HIPAA. It would probably take multiple legal steps to get permission to see those files, and then quite a bit of time to actually do a thorough search.

I am beginning to lose hope that this will be a case that is quickly resolved.

Given the fact that MH was internationally recognized as a renowned cardiologist who treated an American president, I would guess he had many patients who came from other countries based on his reputation alone. The Houston Medical Center often reminds me of an international airport terminal as you hear so many different languages being spoken. I love that about our city.

That does expand the circle of possibilities when examining the professional and personal relationships MH had as part of this investigation. If one of MH’s international patients had a negative outcome of his/her illness, and those closest to that patient blamed the doctor and decided to take an eye for an eye, it would complicate tracking down the suspect as he could be out of the country by now. I expect LE is scouring the patient files of MH’s caseload. Which makes me wonder how accessible those records would be with HIPAA. It would probably take multiple legal steps to get permission to see those files, and then quite a bit of time to actually do a thorough search.

I am beginning to lose hope that this will be a case that is quickly resolved.

I agree. But I still think this was a hired hitman. The killer was able to follow MH, pass him, and either stop his bike ahead of him or turn and fire while riding and manage a shot to the head and two others for good measure. A disgruntled family member (or someone else with a personal grudge) would likely not have that level of (professional?) calm. Broad daylight, busy area, able to shoot MH, ride off back across Main and down Southgate and seemingly vanish--I don't think an amateur could pull that off.

I agree. But I still think this was a hired hitman. The killer was able to follow MH, pass him, and either stop his bike ahead of him or turn and fire while riding and manage a shot to the head and two others for good measure. A disgruntled family member (or someone else with a personal grudge) would likely not have that level of (professional?) calm. Broad daylight, busy area, able to shoot MH, ride off back across Main and down Southgate and seemingly vanish--I don't think an amateur could pull that off.

Yes, I agree it was a professional hit man.
So, my working theory is:
- foreign faction
- we’ll-to-do patient/family that could afford to seek treatment in the US
- had no qualms about eliminating MH for some affront
- had the means and connections to hire someone to do just that

I hate to speculate but I am wondering if we may be talking about organized crime, as in drug cartel.

Yes, I agree it was a professional hit man.
So, my working theory is:
- foreign faction
- we’ll-to-do patient/family that could afford to seek treatment in the US
- had no qualms about eliminating MH for some affront
- had the means and connections to hire someone to do just that

I hate to speculate but I am wondering if we may be talking about organized crime, as in drug cartel.

CDAN blind items has been covering this. About a week ago they had a blind that said drug cartel.

I am showing my ignorance by admitting I had no clue what CDAN was. A quick google search got me somewhat acclimated, and now I am weighing risk vs. reward on actually visiting the site. It sounds right up my alley, like I need another addiction besides WS. Yikes!

Crazy Days and Nights: An Interview with the Elusive 'Enty', King of the Blind Item | HuffPost

LOL, I know what you mean. It's amazing how right many of their blinds turn out to be. They had all of the celebrity #MeTo people called out years ago.

LOL, I know what you mean. It's amazing how right many of their blinds turn out to be. They had all of the celebrity #MeTo people called out years ago.
I didn't know what CDAN was, either. Found the page, but couldn't find a reference to this case searching for MH's name or even Houston. Is there a better search term? Thanks!

I didn't know what CDAN was, either. Found the page, but couldn't find a reference to this case searching for MH's name or even Houston. Is there a better search term? Thanks!

Ok, I figured it out. Go to the site and put the word doctor in the search box. His name isn't used because it's a blind and not a blind revealed. It's from 4 days ago.

Ok, I figured it out. Go to the site and put the word doctor in the search box. His name isn't used because it's a blind and not a blind revealed. It's from 4 days ago.
Thanks. Found it. Very interesting, but even if it's all true I still don't understand the motivation to kill MK--unless he was told something someone didn't want him to know?

All I can figure is because Dr H called his friend in LE and told him about it.
Still really weird. Because if that post is correct, MK would surely have been warned by his friend to stay quiet while trying to get the patient to return for post-surgical follow-up. And, really, what could he have known? Unless the guy was loose-lipped while medicated?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back