TX - Dr. Mark Hausknecht, 65, Physician to GHW Bush killed in bicycle drive-by shooting, Houston

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks more like a professional person and not a gang member. Very strange.

Some people have theorized perhaps it was disgruntled student or fellow. Given how professional this person looked, that very well may be the case. In one of the videos, the news said the doctor was known as the ‘pedaling physician’. So it wouldn’t be hard to know his routine and route.

ETA: JMO!!!

The authorities have said he is either white or Hispanic.
Sketch didn't look white to me. But I don't think this guy will end up looking anything like the sketch. The suspect was also described as "slender" but in the image he looks kind of "beefy and muscular" to me.

Not really strange if doctor was targeted by somebody upset at something.

Last edited:
Sketch didn't look white to me. But I don't think this guy will end up looking anything like the sketch. The suspect was also described as "slender" but in the image he looks kind of "beefy and muscular" to me.

Since it's Houston and so many people from NOLA went there post-Katrina, has anyone considered Creole? Reminds me of the LA SK no one realized was Creole except the locals along the Teche.

I don't think the sketch is accurate. We already know clothing description wasn't accurate. Witnesses are frequently wrong but cameras aren't. In some cases sketches look pretty good. I think this is going to be a case where suspect will end up looking not much like the sketch.

Last edited:
Just another theory since we don’t have many details. As mentioned before, it is oppressively hot in Houston, especially the past few days. Heat indexes over 100. I’ve been pretty much indoors the last 4-5 days or so and there’s been heat advisories.

What I do see professional people do often is bike to work in casual clothes so they don’t sweat all over their work clothes. And they have wear backpacks with their professional/work attire inside to change once they arrive at work. The suspects backpack looks very full. He could of ridden to work afterwards and changed. Or maybe he changed in a secluded location and then biked back to work.

JMO

Photos show clearer image of suspect in Houston doctor's murder
3811820_1280x720.jpg

Seems to me the suspect has dark hair at the back of his cap. Backpack looks very full, thus the description “fully loaded”. Surmising the gun was in there, but it looks like more than a gun. Maybe a change of clothing so that anyone who saw him soon after would not tie him to these items of clothing. He could not have ridden far or that would risk even more people seeing him. I am more convinced he had a van/SUV parked on or near Southgate, threw the bike in, and took off.

Seems to me the suspect has dark hair at the back of his cap. Backpack looks very full, thus the description “fully loaded”. Surmising the gun was in there, but it looks like more than a gun. Maybe a change of clothing so that anyone who saw him soon after would not tie him to these items of clothing. He could not have ridden far or that would risk even more people seeing him. I am more convinced he had a van/SUV parked on or near Southgate, threw the bike in, and took off.

I’m suspecting the same. I know lots of home these days have door and house cameras. My neighborhood is next to the Southgate one and lots of people also have cameras. I think they would of seen more images by now had he ridden through the neighborhood on bike.

ETA: my neighborhood has also been asked to check their cameras.

I think that could just be a shadow from the cap, not dark hair. Also the blue collar from his polo shirt seems to be up.

6B5DF127-D25A-4272-A4E6-670740E2E322.jpeg
At 8:46:59 AM that morning, this image shows Dr. H in the intersection, with the suspect about 15 yards behind him, not in the intersection yet.

16214B77-5899-4031-ABB8-D794FB877C7C.jpeg
At 8:47:13 AM, 14 seconds later, the suspect has caught up to Dr. H in the island of the intersection. Dr. H looks like he may have his foot down, stopped there to wait for the passing cars in motion going west on Holcombe. The eastbound traffic on Holcombe remains stopped. The suspect took advantage of that passing traffic to gain ground and come up alongside Dr. H. At some point soon after, he passed Dr. H, and in the next block, the suspect turned around and shot him.

So many questions!
When did the suspect begin following the victim?
Did the suspect say anything to Dr. H as he passed him, or when he shot him.?
How close was he to him?
Did Dr. H recognize him?
Was the suspect in disguise if some sort?

This was a particularly bold and brazen crime. If LE can’t get to the bottom of this soon I am fearful there is something even more sinister at play here. However, with the amount of photo detail released to the public, I continue to hope this will be solved before too much longer.

Last edited:
View attachment 139656
At 8:46:59 AM that morning, this image shows Dr. H in the intersection, with the suspect about 15 yards behind him, not in the intersection yet.

View attachment 139657
At 8:47:13 AM, 14 seconds later, the suspect has caught up to Dr. H in the island of the intersection. Dr. H looks like he may have his foot down, stopped there to wait for the passing cars in motion going west on Holcombe. The eastbound traffic on Holcombe remains stopped. The suspect took advantage of that passing traffic to gain ground and come up alongside Dr. H. At some point soon after, he passed Dr. H, and in the next block, the suspect turned around and shot him.

So many questions!
When did the suspect begin following the victim?
Did the suspect say anything to Dr. H as he passed him, or when he shot him.?
How close was he to him?
Did Dr. H recognize him?
Was the suspect in disguise if some sort?

This was a particularly bold and brazen crime. If LE can’t get to the bottom of this soon I am fearful there is something even more sinister at play here. However, with the amount of photo detail released to the public, I continue to hope this will be solved before too much longer.

Do you know what this photo is referencing?

Attachments

• D8FFB233-42A9-4DF0-B249-0F3FE59C385C.png
    D8FFB233-42A9-4DF0-B249-0F3FE59C385C.png
    354.6 KB · Views: 50
Do you know what this photo is referencing?

The photo in your post is a still shot taken from a video camera onboard a Houston Metro bus. The view is facing south on South Main, the doctor seen in the foreground entering the intersection. The suspect is barely seen in the background.
The bus that took this still shot is pictured in the picture below, which was the first in a series of 4 shots initially released by HPD. The still shot from the bus video you posted must have been taken at approximately the same time as photo below.
A0E56923-E2C0-49CD-9056-FF95CD114E76.jpeg

Last edited:
The photo in your post is a still shot taken from a video camera onboard a Houston Metro bus. The view is facing south on South Main, the doctor seen in the foreground entering the intersection. The suspect is barely seen in the background.
The bus that took this still shot is pictured in the picture below, which was the first in a series of 4 shots initially released by HPD. The still shot from the bus video you posted must have been taken at approximately the same time as photo below.
View attachment 139664

I screenshot that from the video so I’m confused why they have it marked in red? It’s a car, and no biker or person is nearby. Is it just a reference point to where he was?

ETA: I can see him in the still shot you have here but am confused about the above stated.
TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back