TX - Dr. Mark Hausknecht, 65, Physician to GHW Bush killed in bicycle drive-by shooting, Houston

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My opinion at this time is similar to that of my feelings in the Tristan Beaudette case, that it can go other way as to whether or not this was a random vs targeted shooting. While we know many homicides are personally motivated, I’ve just seen too many random shootings these days to rule it out at this time, based on what we know so far.

John Jacoby was riding his bicycle here in Northern Colorado in 2015 and was randomly gunned down. So it does happen, FTR. And as human mentioned, the Seminole shootings, etc.

It might be worth a peek to see if there are any other recent suspicious incidents which could be similar, even shots missed, or shots fired at pedestrians or motorists. Moo.

I’m also not omitting road rage yet, or some sort of drug induced psychosis, etc from the list of possibilities. Really, anything is possible I think.

Did Dr. H regularly bike this same route? Do we know where he was coming from and where he was going? Do we know how long he had been enroute? Sorry if I missed this.

I wonder what LE has determined thus far re: ballistics, etc.

No doubt this is a very high priority case for them.

It will be very interesting to see how this turns out.

But wouldn't the shooter have shot others?
That's the only reason I think it was a targeted shooting/hit.

But wouldn't the shooter have shot others?
That's the only reason I think it was a targeted shooting/hit.
Again I have no idea if this was targeted or random but IF random, to answer your question, we might not know yet if there were indeed other shootings until a ballistic match is confirmed.

This terrible case brings to mind a long forgotten prior physician murder that happened in the Houston Medical Center in 1982.
Doctor Is Fatally Shot At Hospital in Houston

I remember at the time wondering how this could happen in such a renowned hospital and feeling certain the perp would soon be identified. But today, some 36 years later, there has been no ID or arrest. There is not a thread about it here on WS, and very little to be found in a news search. There IS recent speculation in an online discussion group that the victim in this murder was a whistleblower and was assasinated to silence him. Chilling.

This terrible case brings to mind a long forgotten prior physician murder that happened in the Houston Medical Center in 1982.
Doctor Is Fatally Shot At Hospital in Houston

I remember at the time wondering how this could happen in such a renowned hospital and feeling certain the perp would soon be identified. But today, some 36 years later, there has been no ID or arrest. There is not a thread about it here on WS, and very little to be found in a news search. There IS recent speculation in an online discussion group that the victim in this murder was a whistleblower and was assasinated to silence him. Chilling.

Terrible, especially for his family for the crime to still be unsolved. I’m hoping with the technology of cameras etc, this one can be solved. I know he rode towards the neighborhood on southgate but I wonder if he actually entered it. A lot of homeowners these days have cameras so if he did, hopefully they can get a better idea of where he went and description. Regardless, the way he got away in stealth mode at a busy time of day is crazy. I suspect he entered the scaffolding and then fired his gun and that’s why there hasn’t been as many witnesses.

Maybe I am naive, but I really believe LE has much more sophisticated abilities to enhance photos than do the average person.
There is no facial features to enhance on the images that have been released. You can barely make out that there is a bike. Nobody has abilities to get facial features out of those images.

I am sure they have plenty more pictures.

They probably have some closer ones. Why wouldn’t there be? But they are not going to release a close up so that someone in the public can decide it is a person known to them when it really isn’t.
They released a sketch which could look like a lot of people. One would think that if there was concern that someone in public can decide that it is a person known to them when it really isn't, there would be a lot more concern with a sketch than with an actual image.

Sketches are released all of the time.
They released a sketch which could look like a lot of people. One would think that if there was concern that someone in public can decide that it is a person known to them when it really isn't, there would be a lot more concern with a sketch than with an actual image.

Has anyone ever seen a close up of a photo face ever released?

Business suits are required wear. Casual jackets are not.

His wife’s statement urging gun control makes me wonder if someone unstable had been threatening the doctor and his family recently. I can only imagine how angry and distraught she must be that after tending to victims of gun violence for years, her own husband became a victim to it as well.
As it turns out the suspect didn't even have the jacket on. It was a blue polo shirt with short sleeves. So witnesses got that wrong.

This is interesting. No jacket like originally reported. Not even dark clothing. Im guessing they are relying on eye witness accounts as to who did the shooting.
No jacket. Blue polo shirt with short sleeves. Also olive green back pack on. Police changed the description now (from jacket to polo shirt) if you look at the link. If that wasn't reliable, I am afraid the face on the sketch isn't either.

This is interesting. No jacket like originally reported. Not even dark clothing. Im guessing they are relying on eye witness accounts as to who did the shooting.
Photos show clearer image of suspect in Houston doctor's murder
3811820_1280x720.jpg

Has anyone ever seen a close up of a photo face ever released?
You aren't always or usually lucky enough to have a close up photo of the face.

Can anyone id the kind of bike? Expensive or generic?

The jacket in the broiling weather made no sense. So on fact he had no jacket on.

Looks to be an older guy, to me
Witnesses aren't always (or maybe even usually) reliable and this happened very fast. To me he doesn't look older or old, but looks white, not Hispanic. I bet he will turn out to look not much like that sketch either. The sketch shows someone with darker skin, and in this image the skin looks white.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb
Back