TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes-possibly/probably the killer knew husband would not be home. Why? Because he/she came back to the scene. Had the husband been home and responded to the shooting, he would have had a clear view of the truck and driver when it returned to the scene. Coincidence? I don't believe so.
I agree.

Furthermore, it seems the killer was aware of the ring camera and avoided approaching it (of course that's my opinion). The killer arrived, killed Liz and left within 5 minutes of SG leaving. How was the killer so confident SG wouldn't respond to the ring camera alert and come back?

I agree.

Furthermore, it seems the killer was aware of the ring camera and avoided approaching it (of course that's my opinion). The killer arrived, killed Liz and left within 5 minutes of SG leaving. How was the killer so confident SG wouldn't respond to the ring camera alert and come back?
Well, he would not have made it home in time to witness anything. The killer was either very lucky/determined, or else had intimate knowledge of the pre-plan. The disguise intrigues me-was it used to avoid being ID'd, or was it used to "disarm" EB on approach? I think that it was for both reasons, which means that they KNEW of the sale AND they knew she would be setting up early that morning AND they knew of her cosplay <modsnip>. The killer knew to wear a cosplay-like costume, so they had to have knowledge of her affinity for that prior to committing the act. His disguise would have looked too suspicious if it were not for the fact that EB was into that type of thing. Why not use a different disguise? A hat, dark glasses, a bandana, all black? The boots resembled storm trooper boots-this person had to know intimate details. Who in their right mind would wear floppy, clumsy boots when they knew that they would have to run away from the scene? The deception was more important than the perfect getaway-This was a costume party of the worst kind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he would not have made it home in time to witness anything. The killer was either very lucky/determined, or else had intimate knowledge of the pre-plan. The disguise intrigues me-was it used to avoid being ID'd, or was it used to "disarm" EB on approach? I think that it was for both reasons, which means that they KNEW of the sale AND they knew she would be setting up early that morning AND they knew of her cosplay <modsnip>. The killer knew to wear a cosplay-like costume, so they had to have knowledge of her affinity for that prior to committing the act. His disguise would have looked too suspicious if it were not for the fact that EB was into that type of thing. Why not use a different disguise? A hat, dark glasses, a bandana, all black? The boots resembled storm trooper boots-this person had to know intimate details. Who in their right mind would wear floppy, clumsy boots when they knew that they would have to run away from the scene? The deception was more important than the perfect getaway-This was a costume party of the worst kind.
BBM, right but if SG drove by the killer when he left that morning (I can’t remember if he did or not) and then watched the ring alert of her being killed and went straight home, he’d have seen the truck on the ring camera and maybe passed it on his way back into the neighborhood and been able to get a plate number or follow it or recognize the killer.

I agree the disguise was very intentional.

SB may not have received the life ins benefit but didn't he take over Liz's job; henceforth, he doesn't work in the flooring business anymore?

SB has named two possible suspects: One is unknown to us but affiliated with their cosplay stuff and the other suspect SB named is his own father!
<modsnip - not an approved source>

So SB normal time to leave for work would be from between 6:30 am to 6:45 am, leaving before Liz, but on that Friday morning, SB left later than normal to help Liz with heavier items such as treadmill and tables. Liz's normal time to leave for work was 6:50 am to 7:00 am. These times given are all according to SB via AS's 2nd video. However, the neighbor said SB normal time to leave for work was 7:00 am.

<modsnip - discussion quoted post was removed>
my intention was to opine that the killer had knowledge of her cosplay or would never have worn those clunky boots. One could say it was used to cover their true gait, but that is a reach. To know of the yard sale, to know of the early set-up time (MOST people do not go to a garage sale at 7am), to know to wear a disguise that both conceals identity and disarms the victim upon approach, to plan entry/escape routes prior to the crime-just how many people possessed enough information to pull this off? Why is motive so difficult to figure out? It was either for love or money, since I cannot fathom anyone hating her this much to do it. If this happened in Beverly Hills it would probably have been solved by now.

<modsnip> my intention was to opine that the killer had knowledge of her cosplay or would never have worn those clunky boots. One could say it was used to cover their true gait, but that is a reach. To know of the yard sale, to know of the early set-up time (MOST people do not go to a garage sale at 7am), to know to wear a disguise that both conceals identity and disarms the victim upon approach, to plan entry/escape routes prior to the crime-just how many people possessed enough information to pull this off? Why is motive so difficult to figure out? It was either for love or money, since I cannot fathom anyone hating her this much to do it. If this happened in Beverly Hills it would probably have been solved by now.
IMO, it may be solved already and/or that LE has a suspect(s) but does not have probable cause to make an arrest or enough evidence for a conviction. Best to wait until you have solid evidence that will stand on its own in a court of law. Probably too weak of a case for right now.

Curious if at least one of the killer(s) lived (if there was more than one involved) somewhere close by in the same neighborhood that Liz did. Killer had no fear of being seen on camera, driving around the neighborhood without a care, it appeared, maybe thinking there was a garage to pull into. Additionally, perhaps the killer can't be connected to the Nissan truck.

Case is probably an easy solvable case, and it's being made harder than it should be to resolve it. Are the answers right in front of us? Have the answers been right in front of us all along?

MOO

SB may not have received the life ins benefit but didn't he take over Liz's job; henceforth, he doesn't work in the flooring business anymore?

SB has named two possible suspects: One is unknown to us but affiliated with their cosplay stuff and the other suspect SB named is his own father!

<modsnip - not an approved source>
Hi DeDee,

I've heard this a few times about SB taking over Liz's job at the Rosen Group. This is so interesting to me. Do you have more information of where this info came from, please? We know from the Paula Zahn show that SB is no longer working with his father at the flooring business (as you mentioned). TIA

JUSTICE FOR LIZ BARRAZA

The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible is now up to $50,000.00.

If you have a tip, please call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line - all calls are completely anonymous. Only tips and calls DIRECTLY TO Crime Stoppers are anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.

+1 (713) 222-TIPS

I was also thinking about this being a paid hit versus non-paid. I’m sure that LE is monitoring cash flow from accounts so any direct payment to a killer would be easily identified. Insurance benefits have not been paid out, so either you have an unpaid killer awaiting contract payment or you have someone that did it without payment and for personal reasons. If the latter is the case, then the killer is closer to the core of this case than a third-party killer would be. I’m thinking the killer was not from the area since they were not familiar with the neighborhood, and it would be far easier to conceal a conspicuous vehicle like that if it was from out of town.

JUSTICE FOR LIZ BARRAZA

The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible is now up to $50,000.00.

If you have a tip, please call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line - all calls are completely anonymous. Only tips and calls DIRECTLY TO Crime Stoppers are anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.

+1 (713) 222-TIPS

Additionally, if you have a tip: Any information you may have call Harris County Sheriff at
1-713-221-6000

Or call the Houston Crime Stoppers Hotline at 713-222-8477

The longer this goes on, the more I think it was a paid hit. I know nothing about the world of murder for hire, but for someone to get away with murder this long, they must really know their business.
I respectfully disagree. The driving by at 2am. The driving by after the shooting. The missed shot. The 2 shots to the face. Gunshots to the face is personal.

I respectfully disagree. The driving by at 2am. The driving by after the shooting. The missed shot. The 2 shots to the face. Gunshots to the face is personal.
I feel like there must be a separation between the shooter and the person that wanted her dead, and its that that's making it hard to pin the culprit down. I assume they drove by beforehand just to scope it out, which I think anybody planning to kill someone would maybe do? (I don't know from personal experience lol, but I assume both known and unknown to Liz potential shooters could do that).

LB didn't act like she knew the shooter at all (not that that completely excludes a personally motivated shooter, but it does lessen the chance). They could have drove by afterward presumably to ensure she was dead or at least completely incapacitated (she wasn't dead, after all) so they could confirm that for whoever ordered the killing. Also 'paid hit' doesn't have to mean the shooter was an experienced professional.
ALL JMO and who knows, really. We've really never had much to go on. I definitely think if the person did persally have beef with LB, Liz didn't really know them at all and there wasn't much in the way of a passionate argument between them beforehand or whatever or it'd be known about.

Has there ever been mention of cell tower analysis? I know that they are using this technology in the Moscow, Idaho case. If the killer had their cell phone, it would certainly be on record pinging off local towers. That would be a list I would want to get my hands on and cross reference that with the make and model of the car and all of the people close to the investigation.

Last edited:
I think it was a paid hit rather than an amateur. Just because the killer did not employ one or other technique that a poster might think a seasoned professional would employ does not make it a non-for-hire crime. An amateur, especially one in a heat of passion, generally does not research everything, and acquire all the accoutrements necessary to pull off the perfect crime like this. (e.g. the neighborhood, the lighting, the state of technology etc., type of car, license plate etc). That's why they almost always get caught.

And as for the shot-in-the face, that may not be the most professional way to do it, but as said above doesn't mean it wasn't a gunman-for-hire. I could see a shooter thinking, "if I miss the heart, and she survives , she can still identify me, but if I shoot her in the face, she at least can't pick me out of a lineup." The Johnnie Lee Brooks case in St. Louis was a case where the perpetrator gouged the eyes out of a victim.

I think it was a paid hit rather than an amateur. Just because the killer did not employ one or other technique that a poster might think a seasoned professional would employ does not make it a non-for-hire crime. An amateur, especially one in a heat of passion, generally does not research everything, and acquire all the accoutrements necessary to pull off the perfect crime like this. (e.g. the neighborhood, the lighting, the state of technology etc., type of car, license plate etc). That's why they almost always get caught.

And as for the shot-in-the face, that may not be the most professional way to do it, but as said above doesn't mean it wasn't a gunman-for-hire. I could see a shooter thinking, "if I miss the heart, and she survives , she can still identify me, but if I shoot her in the face, she at least can't pick me out of a lineup." The Johnnie Lee Brooks case in St. Louis was a case where the perpetrator gouged the eyes out of a victim.
I think so too. I can get past any of the "it doesn't look like a professional hit" objections because it's not like one can just shop around for a professional. I would imagine choices are limited to friend-of-a-friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay