TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure there are several aspects to the investigation that the public are unaware of. Of course we all know that already. Many times the vehicle is mentioned here as being key. Additionally, also mentioned many times is that we are coming up to it being four years since Liz’s brutal murder and we have nothing… However, there are still CCTV cameras that LE have not released. Maybe LE should release one more video? The public can certainly help resolve this case with more information. Perhaps there is an issue connecting the truck and its owner to the crime? I don’t know. This is a giant puzzle that will be pieced together and one day will make sense. There will be arrest(s) and conviction(s)!

There really needs to be more information provided to the general public that can assist with capturing these coward(s). I get that LE keep it close to the vest but give us a nibble. Something to help. What about the search warrant? Never heard anything more about that. Though there is a light at the end of the tunnel and its going to shine...

MOO

I’m sure there are several aspects to the investigation that the public are unaware of. Of course we all know that already. Many times the vehicle is mentioned here as being key. Additionally, also mentioned many times is that we are coming up to it being four years since Liz’s brutal murder and we have nothing… However, there are still CCTV cameras that LE have not released. Maybe LE should release one more video? The public can certainly help resolve this case with more information. Perhaps there is an issue connecting the truck and its owner to the crime? I don’t know. This is a giant puzzle that will be pieced together and one day will make sense. There will be arrest(s) and conviction(s)!

There really needs to be more information provided to the general public that can assist with capturing these coward(s). I get that LE keep it close to the vest but give us a nibble. Something to help. What about the search warrant? Never heard anything more about that. Though there is a light at the end of the tunnel and its going to shine...

MOO
And keep in mind the vehicle is very specific AND they have a good height/weight of the driver. They may have enough on the plate to discern what state it is from. A lot of the registered owners of this vehicle can be pared down and eliminated based on driver description. Cross-reference that with cell phone information, place of residence, connection to the area, etc. and you might be close at that point. Start close to the scene and work outward. I'm wondering if they are simply not committing the man-hours to glean this information.

And keep in mind the vehicle is very specific AND they have a good height/weight of the driver. They may have enough on the plate to discern what state it is from. A lot of the registered owners of this vehicle can be pared down and eliminated based on driver description. Cross-reference that with cell phone information, place of residence, connection to the area, etc. and you might be close at that point. Start close to the scene and work outward. I'm wondering if they are simply not committing the man-hours to glean this information.
I think they are not committing the man hours necessary to glean this information. Obviously I don't know that but it is just a gut feeling because I believe the vehicle is the key to solving the case and no stone should be left unturned to solve this case.

IIRC, in the state of TX, there is a sticker law and said sticker is to be placed on driver’s side front window. If the truck has a sticker on driver’s side front window then its been registered and inspected in TX.

It’s not clear to me that there’s a sticker in front window of Nissan truck. Is anyone able to see truck has on driver’s side front window a sticker?

Curious if LE completed vehicle search in general, but what if there were no plates on the vehicle, or tailgate was down, or killer used a spray license plate blocker?

MOO

On the family's website it says the killer appeared to be a woman. Does anyone know why they came to that conclusion? I can certainly guess why, but I'd like to know what they specifically saw that made them come to that conclusion. If indeed the perpetrator was a woman, it seems like this case would be easier to solve. Off the top of my head I don't recall any contracted killers being a woman (I am sure there are some). Most female killers that I've read about have a very specific motive.
I dont recall that being mentioned @Liz’s parents’ website so I am no help. However, the disguise makes me think its male. I’m interested in more of what you have to offer. Agree that female killers have specific motives and that is something to keep in mind here, imo.

IMO, Would like to see more exposure to this case. Has 48 Hours, Dateline, etc. done an episode about Liz’s murder? Its all too common for even locals to never have heard about a crime of this magnitude in their area.
Same. I'm actually surprised at how little traction this case gets especially given the circumstances, the video, audio etc. It's not a "popular" case if that makes sense.

Same. I'm actually surprised at how little traction this case gets especially given the circumstances, the video, audio etc. It's not a "popular" case if that makes sense.
Cases like these shouldn’t be or seem like a struggle to resolve. I get that LE need substantial evidence that will hold up in a court of law and that we need the jury to be able to convict beyond a reasonable doubt but in the meantime hoping LE hasn’t forgotten that a killer(s) came to their town and brutally killed an innocent defenseless law abiding beautiful young woman. IMO

Cases like these shouldn’t be or seem like a struggle to resolve. I get that LE need substantial evidence that will hold up in a court of law and that we need the jury to be able to convict beyond a reasonable doubt but in the meantime hoping LE hasn’t forgotten that a killer(s) came to their town and brutally killed an innocent defenseless law abiding beautiful young woman. IMO
Agree for sure. The footage is absolutely horrifying.

Interesting that SB mentions a woman as a possible suspect in his wife's murder and the killer appears to be a male dressed like a woman in wig, skirt, boots, etc. Maybe coincidence?
Not sure if you watched the Paula Zahn show as S also mentioned issues with his dad's financials (bounced payroll check) and that Liz thought his dad's infidelity was impacting their family. MOO

Paula Zahn episode/A Fairy Tale Ruined

Paula: Did he seem to be in a hurry to get to the hospital to check on Liz?
Detective MR: No, when I released him he’s still kind of stuck around talked with neighbors with media. If that was me and my wife was shot barely alive I would be getting to the hospital as soon as I could.

In reviewing Paula Zahn show it was stated that the Barraza's had a perfect marriage and nothing was found on phones, etc to show otherwise.

IMO, I don't care who you ask, or who tells you they have the perfect relationship. You don't!
Doesn't matter how many pictures show happy cheerful smiles, or how many people you tell you're happy, or how long you have been married, or if you're about to celebrate 5 years (actually 5 years is sort of a difficult time) of wedded bliss, no one has the perfect marriage. Marriage, or coupling, whatever you want to call it is hard work. Especially for a young couple with a lot of responsibilities and a new home and all the other stuff that goes along with it. MOO

Hope my rant made sense. :rolleyes:

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
In reviewing Paula Zahn show it was stated that the Barraza's had a perfect marriage and nothing was found on phones, etc to show otherwise.

IMO, I don't care who you ask, or who tells you they have the perfect relationship. You don't!
Doesn't matter how many pictures show happy cheerful smiles, or how many people you tell you're happy, or how long you have been married, or if you're about to celebrate 5 years (actually 5 years is sort of a difficult time) of wedded bliss, no one has the perfect marriage. Marriage, or coupling, whatever you want to call it is hard work. Especially for a young couple with a lot of responsibilities and a new home and all the other stuff that goes along with it. MOO

Hope my rant made sense. :rolleyes:
<modsnip>
These college-based cold case teams have been solving a lot of cases. Let's turn it over to them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree for sure. The footage is absolutely horrifying.
This case stays with me= it was horrifying and brutal and I have to say I am kinda upset that they haven't caught the killer in almost four years. Elizabeth was going about her daily routine, she decided to have a garage sale and some monster comes from nowhere and brutally, horribly shoots her dead. She was a total innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member