TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I appreciate your posts because you bring a lot of info to this thread. Do you know what exactly an Event Coordinator on Command staff is responsible for in the organization? It must include some specific areas of decison making…not just be a meaningless title.

Thought I'd post this but possibly not helpful ...

Squad Leader (SL): The SL is elected by the Squad's membership. The SL is the event coordinator for the local area in which the Squad operates. The SL reports directly to the parent Garrison's leadership.

I know people have brought up maybe it was something to do with her work since it was an oil company but there's never been any solid info so I think that theory fizzled out.
I’ve brought that up before and you are correct, not many (or any) seemed to dig in and explore that with me. As far as I know Rosen did not make any comments, posts, rewards, or anything in regards to Liz’s murder. They also are not an “oil company” per se as in, a producer. I’ll link one of my longer posts regarding it.

I’ve brought that up before and you are correct, not many (or any) seemed to dig in and explore that with me. As far as I know Rosen did not make any comments, posts, rewards, or anything in regards to Liz’s murder. They also are not an “oil company” per se as in, a producer. I’ll link one of my longer posts regarding it.

Excellent post from 2020.

You wrote: "I just can’t believe this vehicle hasn’t been traced back."

Agree with you about the truck. The Nissan Frontier is a rare truck in that area (not going to mention Ford ;) Chevy) and probably most of the U.S., yet we are to believe its not been located. Even more Toyota crew cabs were sold than the Frontier. Go figure. moo.

But, I'm actually hopeful that LE knows more than they're letting on about their investigation, which is usual protocol. I wouldn't want it any other way.

I've probably read your posts about it before. Cause I knew that was one theory.

Excellent post from 2020.

You wrote: "I just can’t believe this vehicle hasn’t been traced back."

Agree with you about the truck. The Nissan Frontier is a rare truck in that area (not going to mention Ford ;) Chevy) and probably most of the U.S., yet we are to believe its not been located. Even more Toyota crew cabs were sold than the Frontier. Go figure. moo.

But, I'm actually hopeful that LE knows more than they're letting on about their investigation, which is usual protocol. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Someone on here mentioned that the truck could have been easily moved across the border and crushed that's why it was never found.

Event coordinator does not sound like a risky position to me. I am 99% sure whoever murdered her was not part of the 501st legion. Sure, anything is possible, but what is probable?, and to my way of thinking that is not probable.
Though I agree that there is no evidence pointing in the direction of the 501 Legion, I think another member's description of the cosplay sub culture is worthy of consideration.

She had participated in another genre of cos play / fan club. She then related that a visible minority of the participants got in deep and derived very disproportionate amounts of their self esteem, social standing, friendships and even "chosen family" from participating in the group.

One friend even flew into a jealous rage because a popular genre actress might have given her a personal acknowledgement at a convention. In short, there might be disproportionate number of high maintenance people in such groups who also have minimal uhmm..... "distractions" from other areas of life.

The Nissan Frontier is a rare truck in that area

I've been curious how many Nissan Pro4x's there really are in Texas; I'm having trouble getting any sales numbers by state and model, though.

Here's some tidbits I gathered at least for a sense of scale.

In 2018, (to pick an arbitrary year) there were about 80k frontiers sold in the US. That compares to 900k ford f-series, 600k Chevy Silverados, 500k dodge Rams that year.

There are 4.2 million pickups in Texas. If the ratios of sales in 2018 are at all pertinent (not guaranteed) we could be looking at about 160k Nissan Frontiers, across all models/years, in Texas. If half of those are in the target model year range (wild guess) and just 10% of those are Pro4x (another wild guess), that's still 8000 eligible vehicles in Texas alone... Before considering trucks driven in from Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma or elsewhere. That's quite a large number for LE to investigate blindly. (I asked ChatGPT for help, but it wasn't cooperative )

And fwiw, there are 2.1 million pickup trucks in Florida (the state with the third most pickups in the country behind TX and CA) ..so using our assumptions above, 4000 eligible vehicles. And side note; Tomball to Miami is a 17 hour drive.

Last edited:

Replying to myself. Apologies.

To continue digging into just the one article I referenced in my post above and linked here- Oil pipeline inspection industry 'going wrong' as surveys fail to prevent spills
which stated this:

“According to the state fire marshal, a subsequent internal report by Shell found Rosen software had discovered a crack-like feature at the location of the failure. But during the manual review, a Rosen analyst had selected an incorrect setting and the depth of the anomaly was miscalculated.
_______

And now it seems that Shell is in the process of being awarded a +|- 15 million award from Rosen.

Law360 (September 28, 2021, 5:25 PM EDT) -- Shell Pipeline Company LP has asked a Texas state court to confirm a $14.1 million arbitration award in its favor, stemming from a dispute with Rosen USA Inc. in which Shell alleged the company breached a pipeline inspection contract and committed negligence and fraud.

____

My question- is this work related stuff anything Elizabeth had knowledge of or could have been responsible for? This division of Rosen is in the US but they are a huge company with ultimate ownership outside of the US. I firmly believe a thorough look at her work needs completed and would be extremely difficult for a normal investigator to accomplish.

If this was a hired hit, circling doesn’t make sense. Or does it? Did they know there was no way the vehicle would be traced? But, if it is as the detective suggested in the PZ special and the shooter received a message or a call, then I would ask if LE has completed a tower dump or geofence?

Has Houston LE ever sought help from the FBI?

Lastly, Texas has a temporary tag problem. It would have been easy to get temp tags that are fake and not be traced back. We know LE said they couldn’t read tag on camera. Maybe it’s a temp tag problem. Here‘s one article about it.

HOUSTON — A New Orleans police officer visiting Houston was shot and killed in the Galleria area in August 2021. The getaway car used by the suspects had temporary tags, which turned out to be bogus.
This was not an isolated incident.
There are thousands of paper plates on the road that shouldn’t be. A loophole with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles has allowed fake car dealerships to print and sell temporary plates.

My question- is this work related stuff anything Elizabeth had knowledge of or could have been responsible for?

The indeed.com reviews of Rosen in Houston for data analysts seem to imply this is the type of work someone in Liz's role would be doing. As you say, though, it's obviously a big leap to assume this was one of her projects given the size of the company without doing a deep dive into her work.

Replying to myself. Apologies.

To continue digging into just the one article I referenced in my post above and linked here- Oil pipeline inspection industry 'going wrong' as surveys fail to prevent spills
which stated this:

“According to the state fire marshal, a subsequent internal report by Shell found Rosen software had discovered a crack-like feature at the location of the failure. But during the manual review, a Rosen analyst had selected an incorrect setting and the depth of the anomaly was miscalculated.
_______

And now it seems that Shell is in the process of being awarded a +|- 15 million award from Rosen.

Law360 (September 28, 2021, 5:25 PM EDT) -- Shell Pipeline Company LP has asked a Texas state court to confirm a $14.1 million arbitration award in its favor, stemming from a dispute with Rosen USA Inc. in which Shell alleged the company breached a pipeline inspection contract and committed negligence and fraud.

____

My question- is this work related stuff anything Elizabeth had knowledge of or could have been responsible for? This division of Rosen is in the US but they are a huge company with ultimate ownership outside of the US. I firmly believe a thorough look at her work needs completed and would be extremely difficult for a normal investigator to accomplish.

If this was a hired hit, circling doesn’t make sense. Or does it? Did they know there was no way the vehicle would be traced? But, if it is as the detective suggested in the PZ special and the shooter received a message or a call, then I would ask if LE has completed a tower dump or geofence?

Has Houston LE ever sought help from the FBI?

Lastly, Texas has a temporary tag problem. It would have been easy to get temp tags that are fake and not be traced back. We know LE said they couldn’t read tag on camera. Maybe it’s a temp tag problem. Here‘s one article about it.

HOUSTON — A New Orleans police officer visiting Houston was shot and killed in the Galleria area in August 2021. The getaway car used by the suspects had temporary tags, which turned out to be bogus.
This was not an isolated incident.
There are thousands of paper plates on the road that shouldn’t be. A loophole with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles has allowed fake car dealerships to print and sell temporary plates.

Your post is a lot to digest.

Additionally, from the Fake Paper article link:

“There are thousands of paper plates on the road that shouldn’t be. A loophole with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles has allowed fake car dealerships to print and sell temporary plates.”

I’ve not heard anything about “fake car dealerships.“
Question: I may have missed it in article but I suspect ”fake car dealerships” transactions are done online? TIA

moo

Mominmi,

I’m not going to quote your post because it was a long one, but wanted to chime in here on a couple of things.

First, I’m so sorry for all you went through with your son. It’s wonderful and I’m glad for you that he is doing better!

Regarding your post, I do think you may be onto something. Often times things which seem minor to a person “on the outside looking in” will be catastrophic to another. When you combine catastrophic with a person who doesn’t have self-control, maturity, the ability to take the “long view” so to speak, I can see it turning deadly.

I think that a person does not have to have a so-called risky job or position to be a target for someone's hatred. It could be a number of things that sets somebody off and the target has no clue he/she is a target. For example, let's say somebody cuts somebody off in traffic and the person who was cut off keeps a rage, finds out where the person lives and acts out on that hatred. That is just one example.
Very much agree with this. I’ve often wondered about road rage in this case but have been hesitant to post it because to most of us it’s beyond comprehension that someone would hunt down and lie in wait to kill a driver who cut them off in traffic, etc. Then again, killing a person who cuts you off in traffic in any case is beyond comprehension to most of us…

It was about infidelity and pay; two touchy topics and the sense I got was that it was heated. Combine that with Sergio no longer associating with that other person, and it sounds like there's something of interest there.
Was the confrontation between Liz, herself, and the “other person”?

And, thanks for your help here. I’ve never figured out how to access the PZ piece.

Very much agree with this. I’ve often wondered about road rage in this case but have been hesitant to post it because to most of us it’s beyond comprehension that someone would hunt down and lie in wait to kill a driver who cut them off in traffic, etc. Then again, killing a person who cuts you off in traffic in any case is beyond comprehension to most of us…
I'm not saying this is what happened, just an example of some crazy random thing that could happen if someone gets mad or enraged at a person for some nutty thing and acts out that rage. There are a myriad of possibilities in this case-- I think we all feel frustrated that the police seem no closer to solving this case than they did four long years ago. I am not sure that the police have any idea who did this, but I certainly hope they know more than we think they know.

the killer had to have have been showing a picture of something I think. Otherwise who could have read whatever was on the paper wouldn't that be too small to see and react when seeing it.
It may be that in the verbal exchange before the shooting, the killer WANTED Liz to know why this was happening. We are all assuming that Liz did nothing wrong

I'm wondering about one scenario. Let's say that the intention after the crime was to destroy the truck. Being that it is so unique, you would think that it would be VERY high-risk to keep the car after the murder. Perhaps the search for the vehicle could involve determining which vehicles were never registered again? If they did dismantle/scrap the vehicle, there would be no continuing record of registration, unless they continued to pay fees. Even then, eventually they would need a smog check to re-register the vehicle. This was a fairly valuable vehicle, so if this occurred someone was out about $15-20K if they had to ghost the vehicle. This would raise the stakes, unless the vehicle was stolen.

The cost of killing Liz may be higher than we think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member