TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is an old post of mine that supports this topic from a different angle.. I wanted to move it here.

For some time , I was thinking about Sergio’s not showing obvious grief and looking motionless when he was at the crime scene. I somehow had got the feeling that his motionlessness may not be becaouse he was involved but rage and anger overtook grief as something dawned on him there . Maybe something he feared for a period happened to his wife and he was shocked and freezed , was afraid of this coming . He had a possible scenario and suspect in his mind there at the crime scene and maybe was blaming himself and anger towards the person in his mind etc.that made him freezed .
After reading that S pointed finger to his father on P.Zahn’s Show maybe the father was whom he suspected from day 1
Just a thought .

Totally. If this person is someone Sergio suspected, as we've learned is the case, then a lot of really confusing behavior by Sergio suddenly makes sense. Actually pretty much everything makes sense. The timing with Sergio leaving for work, the unadvertised garage sale, the awareness of the doorbell cam, all of it. We don't know who pulled the trigger, but boy we have a pretty solid theory on who was behind it. (Moo!)

Below is an old post of mine that supports this topic from a different angle.. I wanted to move it here.

For some time , I was thinking about Sergio’s not showing obvious grief and looking motionless when he was at the crime scene. I somehow had got the feeling that his motionlessness may not be becaouse he was involved but rage and anger overtook grief as something dawned on him there . Maybe something he feared for a period happened to his wife and he was shocked and freezed , was afraid of this coming . He had a possible scenario and suspect in his mind there at the crime scene and maybe was blaming himself and anger towards the person in his mind etc.that made him freezed .
After reading that S pointed finger to his father on P.Zahn’s Show maybe the father was whom he suspected from day 1
Just a thought .
I could get behind that, but in the police reports from right after Liz died Sergio pointed the finger at a female (name redacted). During the Paula Zahn show he pointed the finger at his dad, then during the latest interview he said he doesn’t suspect anyone.

I could get behind that, but in the police reports from right after Liz died Sergio pointed the finger at a female (name redacted). During the Paula Zahn show he pointed the finger at his dad, then during the latest interview he said he doesn’t suspect anyone.

Yes true but early on maybe he was in shock and confused so he kept silent about the dad .Or he might have learned something later.

Crazy questions in my mind

1 - Was Sergio with his father in the store when he found out about the incident?

2-Does LE have the camera footage of the store ? I can bet Sergio immediately might have called his father and confronted him .

3- The times Sergio called his father in the phone records and his calls’ durations.

4-Maybe that’s why he arrived late at the crime scene .

5-What was the dad’s reaction when he was accused by Sergio in front of the whole country? A pretty awful situation if you ask me.

7-Sergio did not mention his suspicions about his father in the last interview.

8-I can see a guilty dad threating S saying you knew from the beginning and kept silent , so you are as guilty as me .
JMO .

This is a rough transcript starting at 32:00 here:

SB says “I was having issues with my dad, his financial stability was kind of not working out, so we were having issues with my paychecks and stuff.”

PZ says “But it was the cause of his father’s money woes that really troubled Sergio. He believed that the problem stemmed from his parents’ marital issues at the time.”

SB says “My father had been cheating on my mom with multiple women.”

PZ says ”Sergio told detectives that Liz had also been very upset about how her father-in-law’s infidelity had been impacting her family.”

Then it’s explained that, relative to Sergio’s bounced paycheck from his dad, Liz didn’t understand why she and Sergio were suffering so her father-in-law could pay for his many girlfriends.

Detective says: ”It did come up that Liz did possibly confront Oscar about this.”

(But this last point isn’t elaborated on in the special, so viewers remain unaware of who actually said that Liz confronted Oscar, or any further details of their conversation.)
That's clear, thank you, and also for providing the link.

What I hear S say, clearly, is that he was "having issues" about his Dad's financial instability and adultery.

It's PZ who is speculating about what Liz did or did not think, feel or say about this.

I would prefer to hear S say something concrete about Liz like: "Liz and I discussed this often. I remember she said X", or "we talked about a meeting with my Dad, but I wasn't sure".

S seems to have alleged that Liz might possibly have had a meeting with his father (Detective is very cagey about this allegation).

Wouldn't S know for sure whether Liz confronted his father? Did they really have a marriage where your wife goes off alone and confronts your father about your income and his marriage, but doesn't tell you?

This troubles me, not because the father might have done something, but because S is casting such vague aspersions, which to me carry the slightly fishy odor of red herrings.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he was really mad at his father, and it cropped up during interviews.

As to any possible hits arranged by a father in a similar circumstance, IMO it shows up often on this board: wouldn't it be his own wife he would be looking to get rid of, not his daughter-in-law?

JMO

ETA: If the father was a genuine suspect, I suggest LE would have told S to not leak that info to the media...

Last edited:

Evidently he brought up his dad with investigators; it's not clear of "when" he did, but the inference is it was that day after he answered their other questions.

Also, I'm not surprised he's gone quiet now publicly. There's been no arrests, so continuing to accuse someone who you feel has demonstrated a willingness to orchestrate killing a family member probably wouldn't strike S as a good idea.

Anyone who is interested in the Miami comment I am posting video which detective talks about POI in Miami.

It relates to the search warrant that we never heard anything more about.

Before two minute mark: We just went to Miami to interview a person of interest.

article

That's clear, thank you, and also for providing the link.

What I hear S say, clearly, is that he was "having issues" about his Dad's financial instability and adultery.

It's PZ who is speculating about what Liz did or did not think, feel or say about this.

I would prefer to hear S say something concrete about Liz like: "Liz and I discussed this often. I remember she said X", or "we talked about a meeting with my Dad, but I wasn't sure".

S seems to have alleged that Liz might possibly have had a meeting with his father (Detective is very cagey about this allegation).

Wouldn't S know for sure whether Liz confronted his father? Did they really have a marriage where your wife goes off alone and confronts your father about your income and his marriage, but doesn't tell you?

This troubles me, not because the father might have done something, but because S is casting such vague aspersions, which to me carry the slightly fishy odor of red herrings.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he was really mad at his father, and it cropped up during interviews.

As to any possible hits arranged by a father in a similar circumstance, IMO it shows up often on this board: wouldn't it be his own wife he would be looking to get rid of, not his daughter-in-law?

JMO

ETA: If the father was a genuine suspect, I suggest LE would have told S to not leak that info to the media...
Might Liz have had a role in the father-in-law's activity? Did she spill the beans on something? Maybe she vocalized her thoughts or made threats of exposure regarding his financials or indiscretions? Or worse, a mistaken idea by someone of her intention to out one or other so she was silenced?

Might Liz have had a role in the father-in-law's activity? Did she spill the beans on something? Maybe she vocalized her thoughts or made threats of exposure regarding his financials or indiscretions? Or worse, a mistaken idea by someone of her intention to out one or other so she was silenced?
I don't know. I'm uncomfortable when WS starts to seem like a group of writers gathered around a table, coming up with the plot for the next episode of a TV drama.

JMO

I don't know. I'm uncomfortable when WS starts to seem like a group of writers gathered around a table, coming up with the plot for the next episode of a TV drama.

JMO
I agree, but as far as theories and speculation it is a possibility. If the murder was not done by the husband, or someone associated with his father, then it is definitely a real unknown.

The lack of evidence pointing to anyone outside of those mentioned above really make any other theories extremely speculative.

Anyone who is interested in the Miami comment I am posting video which detective talks about POI in Miami.

It relates to the search warrant that we never heard anything more about.

Before two minute mark: We just went to Miami to interview a person of interest.

article

Did someone connected to Liz relocate to Miami?

JMO
Well, the bottom line is that it is ALL conjecture at this point. Hired killing? Hate-filled killing? Man? Woman? Experienced/inexperienced killer? Local/out-of-towner? Maye it will seem less like a TV drama when someone is actually apprehended and questioned-until then, and unfortunately for loved ones and sleuths like us, any number of hypotheses may be valid here.

Concerning L may have spoken to S's dad:

I understand that everyone will have different experiences; however, if there are family issues isn’t it typical for the spouse to make direct contact with their own family member rather than the partner/spouse/in-law? Seems the appropriate way to go.

Curious why S wouldn't speak with his own dad rather than L (if that was the case). In addition, imagine if L approached MIL concerning FIL’s infidelity, and this infuriated FIL?

Moreover, I am more convinced than ever that killer was familiar with the Barraza home. This leads me to believe that possibly they were at the Barraza home previously maybe even on more than one occasion prior to murder, and able to see camera location. Killer was able to stay out of frame on the Barraza camera the whole time.

Of course all of this is moo.

I find it valuable to try to identify what the little evidence and information on Liz’s case is telling us and try to form some reasonable grounds for the version of events . Each theory and post make us brainstorm and helpful to keep Liz’s thread alive . I respect that .. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member