TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Liz have an enemy, (whether aware or unaware of this person) there was someone hostile toward her with deep deep resentment/hate and wanted to pose harm? Maybe someone wanted her out of the way? Is the killer the person that wanted her dead or is the killer following someone else's instructions?

Does the crime scene appeared to have the characteristics of a disorganized homicide?

Did the killer what a trophy of their killing … designed to ridicule Liz- a show of their good work? We know about there being a gunshot fired into Liz's place of employment. Did the killer know about the garage sale, and take that as another opportunity to commit heinous senseless act of homicide against Liz Barraza at Liz’s home - where she’d be found brutally wounded and dead from those wounds? Liz’s murder appeared to be personal and an overkill.

I don’t see this as being stranger homicide - aren’t they rare? In addition, women are more likely to be killed by a man known to them, a family member, friend or intimate partner than a stranger.

Killer: deep profound hatred for self and their own life, drug and alcohol use prior to crime, and (probably used more after the murder), mentally ill, noncommitted relationship, unable to keep employment, issues with social skills and below average in intelligence.

Speculation. moo. no facts.

@morf13 does part 2 of your pod drop today? Please let us know.
I forgot how to tag someone in here.
Just checked and it's not downloaded yet. My understanding is it's supposed to drop today.

Edited: not @morf13 - only responding to question.

Last edited:
Interesting... is this type of firearm the preferred weapon for a female? moo

Bear, Delaware woman is the 29th person arrested so far this year carrying a loaded gun into the @PHLAirport TSA checkpoint. Her .380 was loaded with 6 bullets inside her carry on bag detected by the X-ray machine. FIne this for this can be as high as $15k plus missed flight.

View attachment 447399
The double action throws me off. That takes some practice. Not that women can’t do it. I would not be comfortable.

Not clear on what you mean. No knowledge about weapons. TIA
The cocker on most revolvers are on the top. The Gun in your pic and the most common .380 revolvers are double action. The thing were you put your finger does both actions; *advertiser censored* it to load and you press it to fire .
Does that make sense? There were some good posts way up thread.
Edited to add: these little guns are popular for conceal carry because other revolvers have the mechanism on top which can get snagged on purses, clothes etc and obviously I do not have the right terminology for the thing lol
Pic circled in red
Also a lady was pulled over with a .380 last week a shoplifter in Harris county
@arielilane edited

Attachments

• IMG_0250.jpeg
    IMG_0250.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Interesting... is this type of firearm the preferred weapon for a female? moo

Bear, Delaware woman is the 29th person arrested so far this year carrying a loaded gun into the @PHLAirport TSA checkpoint. Her .380 was loaded with 6 bullets inside her carry on bag detected by the X-ray machine. FIne this for this can be as high as $15k plus missed flight.

View attachment 447399
Not a revolver this gun would leave casings. A lot of women don’t have the hand strength to use the slide on this gun. The gun pictured is a typical . 380

Thats why the killers gun is a little unique being a .380 revolver.

Last edited:
Yes part 2 is out now (the last 15-20 min is where Liz's parents share a bit about their thinking/opinions of what happened
Thank you! Unfortunately, I just vacuumed up my new ear pods; broken! but I am headed to listen another way. The last one was really good!

Here is a link to the family page where they UPDATED to provide victim resources for crime victims' loved ones and mention Morph's pod.

1694886081714.png

Last edited:
Part 1 for those who may have missed it.

Out now EP139; #ElizabethBarraza #LizBarraza part 1/2 shot multiple times in her yard in #Tomball #Texas on 1/25/19 as she set up for a garage sale & died in the hospital. Despite the murder/killer/get away vehicle all being caught on camera NO ARRESTS

https://abjackentertainment.com/the-murder-in-my-family/episode-139-elizabeth-liz-barraza-part1-c5gjw-33r52-bjmm8-ewy6x-xjfgr-nrcwd-yb6c7-fhm9s-94bc7-kphbs-yt2cm-6jnkf-alkmt-7yybw-hd5ax

Very interesting bit from the Murder in My Family pod.

The family says they base their speculations on conversations with the detective.

Michael (detective) has always been outright with us; from day one he said I want you to be prepared when we arrest the people responsible. You’re going to be devastated.

We even asked him again last week and he said his original statement holds. I think that when you find out who did this you are going to be devastated.

The family really believes it was someone Liz knew, or that knew her, or they hired someone.

Two different actors: the person who wanted her dead and the person who killed her

And we don’t know if we are going to get one or both.

This is the hardest phase because our trust is so shattered because we don’t know who is responsible. Especially since the detective said we would be so devastated. I think the reason why he said that is because it is someone she knew. They had to know about the garage sale which was a very small group of people.

Good episode. Thanks!

Episode 140 Elizabeth ‘Liz’ Barraza Part 2 of 2 — AbJack Entertainment

Well done, @morf13, I learned so much from the podcast. I have much admiration and respect for Bob and Rosemary Nuelle. I am amazed by their positivity after such a horrific event of losing their daughter Liz, because a pathetic person decided to brutally execute her so senselessly. The Nuelles were giving of their time, raw and honest and graciously they are helping others. They're an inspiration. I will continue to keep the Nuelle family in my thoughts and I too know that Liz’s case will one day be solved, and justice will prevail.

Moo. Speculation.

The double action throws me off. That takes some practice. Not that women can’t do it. I would not be comfortable.

The cocker on most revolvers are on the top. The Gun in your pic and the most common .380 revolvers are double action. The thing were you put your finger does both actions; *advertiser censored* it to load and you press it to fire .
Does that make sense? There were some good posts way up thread.
Edited to add: these little guns are popular for conceal carry because other revolvers have the mechanism on top which can get snagged on purses, clothes etc and obviously I do not have the right terminology for the thing lol
Pic circled in red
Also a lady was pulled over with a .380 last week a shoplifter in Harris county
@arielilane edited

Not a revolver this gun would leave casings. A lot of women don’t have the hand strength to use the slide on this gun. The gun pictured is a typical . 380

Thats why the killers gun is a little unique being a .380 revolver.

In what was basically a carbon copy of this case, the shooter, Kaityln Armstrong, practiced quite a bit at the gun range before taking out her plan.

I have long suspected the shooter either used a weapon that was available to them (as revolvers are not used often anymore) or was someone pretty comfortable with a weapon and was smart enough to know that revolvers are much less likely to jam, and more importantly, do not leave shell casings.

Between the weapon choice and its caliber, the fact that the shooter didn't flinch at all when firing, and the fact that the shooter didn't hesitate, makes me think the shooter practiced, a lot.

Between the weapon choice and its caliber, the fact that the shooter didn't flinch at all when firing, and the fact that the shooter didn't hesitate, makes me think the shooter practiced, a lot.
Snipped by me for focused reply.

Yes. This was no novice shooter. As I posted upthread, the motion of the shooting looked perfunctory.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I've seen lots of comments to the contrary: that the shooter did not look like they were skilled with or accustomed to shooting a gun, based on the way they held and aimed it.

I suppose both could be true: that the shooter was not a long-time or accomplished firearms user but had practiced a lot in a short time before the event. It's too late now, but I wonder if any gun ranges would remember a person trying to pick up skills in a short time.

My personal theory is that this was grandpa's old revolver and the shooter borrowed and returned it from the garage or top shelf of the closet before anyone knew it was missing.

I've seen lots of comments to the contrary: that the shooter did not look like they were skilled with or accustomed to shooting a gun, based on the way they held and aimed it.

I suppose both could be true: that the shooter was not a long-time or accomplished firearms user but had practiced a lot in a short time before the event. It's too late now, but I wonder if any gun ranges would remember a person trying to pick up skills in a short time.

My personal theory is that this was grandpa's old revolver and the shooter borrowed and returned it from the garage or top shelf of the closet before anyone knew it was missing.
The footage is grainy, so I can't come to a conclusion on the shooter's skills, or motion. I'll say this, it's hard to miss someone from 2 feet away. Plus, the killer came with the intention of shooting multiple times including a head shot when Liz was down. If they had shot 4 times and only hit her twice, or shot her in the shoulder and leg, that would make me think they were a complete novice with the gun, but that did not happen. To me, the most logical conclusion is that they were at least familiar, or competent with that gun.

Somehow, the cops tracked down that Kaitlyn Armstrong spent a lot of time at the gun range (with her sister) leading up to her shooting.

I have also thought the shooter may have picked up the closest thing available and used it for the crime. Grandpa's old gun, or one of their gun nut boyfriend's many guns that he leaves out and unsecured (and probably didn't notice was missing).

I think its entirely possible both the vehicle and the weapon were "borrowed" for the commission of the crime. I have always thought the shooter was a woman. They are dressed just like a woman around Liz's age, carrying out a morning routine like walking the dog. Soft boots, a robe, messy hair. Dressed to step outside for a few minutes, but not dressed to go anywhere.

If both the truck and the gun do not belong to the shooter, it just further leads me to believe that it was a woman, a mighty manipulative woman at that. I am picturing the weapon sneaked, stolen, and returned as well as the truck used without the (male) owner's knowledge, or some wild excuse that the driver aloofly bought, or saw right through but said yes due to it being a woman.

Somehow, the cops tracked down that Kaitlyn Armstrong spent a lot of time at the gun range (with her sister) leading up to her shooting.

I have also thought the shooter may have picked up the closest thing available and used it for the crime. Grandpa's old gun, or one of their gun nut boyfriend's many guns that he leaves out and unsecured (and probably didn't notice was missing).

I think its entirely possible both the vehicle and the weapon were "borrowed" for the commission of the crime. I have always thought the shooter was a woman. They are dressed just like a woman around Liz's age, carrying out a morning routine like walking the dog. Soft boots, a robe, messy hair. Dressed to step outside for a few minutes, but not dressed to go anywhere.

If both the truck and the gun do not belong to the shooter, it just further leads me to believe that it was a woman, a mighty manipulative woman at that. I am picturing the weapon sneaked, stolen, and returned as well as the truck used without the (male) owner's knowledge, or some wild excuse that the driver aloofly bought, or saw right through but said yes due to it being a woman.
You always have insightful posts and a good eye for detail. Watch that video three more times and then tell me if you think it's a man dressed as a woman. Watch the stride, and the command of the weapon, the arm in particular.

Your post made me think more about their cosplay and all the weaponry play they do. Sabers and so forth. Honestly, I don't get adults spending their time doing this, but hey...to each their own. Something about cosplaying with weaponry involved, and then it playing out in real life. Not sure where I'm going with this...

You always have insightful posts and a good eye for detail. Watch that video three more times and then tell me if you think it's a man dressed as a woman. Watch the stride, and the command of the weapon, the arm in particular.

Your post made me think more about their cosplay and all the weaponry play they do. Sabers and so forth. Honestly, I don't get adults spending their time doing this, but hey...to each their own. Something about cosplaying with weaponry involved, and then it playing out in real life. Not sure where I'm going with this...

Thank you, and I have rewatched it.

I totally get the point of how this person ran, their posture, and more. I personally still think its a woman, and she is not wearing a disguise.

There are several other cases where the murderer's appearance is obscured, and it has been debated man or woman. Missy Bevers and the Florence Salon Murders come to mind.

My personal opinions on Liz and Missy differ from many. I personally think someone was dressed in that SWAT gear fully targeted Missy to protect from attacks, keep forensics off, and conceal identity. Many people think the person was LARPing or playing pretend and accidently encountered here (at 4am) but I digress, can't get too much into that heated convo right now lol.

In short, many people think Missy's attacker was pretending in a costume, and many people think Liz's killer was disguised. I personally think Missy was targeted and Liz's killer was not wearing a disguise.

As for Liz's case, I think it is a woman dressed for an early morning pre-shower activity, I don't think its intended to be a disguise. I think she is dressed similar to a woman Liz's age and would have similar interests as Liz. Honestly, that robe and boots style is popular for many women in that demographic, sci-fi fans or not. (There is actually an avatar on this forum that to me, looks a HECK of a lot like what Liz may have seen facing her before she died) A big reason I don't think its a disguised man is the soft boots. This would require a man finding a pair in his size and wearing them likely just for the shooting. A clever disguise like that, I think, is more likely to be a woman, and a man would wearing something like a hat and bandana, sunglasses. Two good examples of women disguises are Lisa Nowak, an astronaut who had all kinds of disguise materials (such as a wig and trench coat) when she was busted trying to take out her love rival interest at an airport and Sheila Keen-Warren who dressed up as a clown and shot her rival at her doorstep, pretending to deliver flowers.

I may be ENTIRELY wrong about all of my observations. I try to observe and then compare to similar and/or historical cases. Between Lisa Nowak, Sheila Keen-Warren, and Kaitlyn Armstrong as historically similar cases, I believe Liz was murdered by a woman, and a woman she was very familiar with.

The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible is now up to $50,000.00.

If you have a tip, please call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line - all calls are completely anonymous. Only tips and calls DIRECTLY TO Crime Stoppers are anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.

+1 (713) 222-TIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member