TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a while I considered a hired killer for both cases because of so many odd similarities. But then dismissed it in favor of Liz’s killer basically copied the blueprint from Missy’s killer.

I feel the 4 minute arrival after S left was so intentional in establishing an alibi for S. Imagine if the killer had arrived 10 minutes later….we would be having very different discussions, so much speculation about S pulling the trigger. The 4 minute window gave him a solid alibi.
Yes, agreed it provided an alibi and he didn’t have to witness the aftermath. Or attempt to protect his wife. S was very specific about the time he left that morning for work, 6:49 am hours. Not unusual for him to be precise because that wasn’t the normal time for him to leave for work. Iirc, he would meet his father every day at the Lowes located at 20902 Kuykendalh Road, as they had a joint flooring company. moo

Maybe she just had trouble seeing what it was in the semi-dark morning and leaned forward for a better look.

It seems certain the killer did show something to Liz and Liz did lean forward and down to look it it. Liz didn't reach out for it as many might do, her posture was cautious at that point, so she may have already sensed danger.

Liz did greet the person as they came up the driveway. I am inferring this means they did not appear threatening in appearance. Safe to infer Liz was a bit on the cautious side, having set the alarm system to "instant on" while she was outside the house.

The killer didn't give Liz much time to absorb what "she" was showing her and started shooting almost immediately. Again I am inferring that "she" thought Liz would know exactly what it was and exactly why this person was there. There was no time for explaining.

Nothing was taken, so the motive wasn't robbery.

MOO-

Killer was a woman. As someone else posted, about the same height as Liz; within an inch or 2.

She showed Liz an email or note or picture

I can't tell for sure from Liz's body language or voice if she recognized this person or not but I am leaning 60:40 that she did.

The note contained evidence of some transgression- for example: you're hugging my boyfriend, an insulting email that Liz sent or that was mistakenly forwarded etc...

Whatever this insult was, I think she expected Liz to know right away what it was, so perhaps they had even had a prior confrontation about this subject.

The killer is close enough to her inner circle to know her schedule and the aberration in her schedule on that particular day, but they also were not close enough to know exactly where she lived (hence the drive-by the night before).

Of course, they had access to a truck that none of her other friends or family had seen before.

They drove by in the middle of the night, which means either they have no person at home who is going to notice a strange trip in the middle of the night, or that person was part of the plan.

The recent discussion regarding what the killer may have shown Liz, I've began thinking about someone who was having an affair with S (i know LE hasn't found any evidence of it), what if she had previously told Liz that she was with S and Liz didn't believe her. Then the killer shows Liz proof that she was with S and killed Liz. Like a "look, see I told you we were together"?

I'm just trying to think of anything that was so important for the killer to show Liz before killing her. I realize this is a reach.

One more thought, but not really my going theory. Hired killer, shows Liz a picture of herself and says "is this you?" Liz says "yes", killer shoots her.

As
The recent discussion regarding what the killer may have shown Liz, I've began thinking about someone who was having an affair with S (i know LE hasn't found any evidence of it), what if she had previously told Liz that she was with S and Liz didn't believe her. Then the killer shows Liz proof that she was with S and killed Liz. Like a "look, see I told you we were together"?

I'm just trying to think of anything that was so important for the killer to show Liz before killing her. I realize this is a reach.

One more thought, but not really my going theory. Hired killer, shows Liz a picture of herself and says "is this you?" Liz says "yes", killer shoots her.
I think the shooter had her confirm her side identity, yes. That suggests a paid hit. The shooter did seem quite proficient.

Amateur opinion and speculation

If the father in law was financially supporting or assisting any women that he was seeing outside of his marriage, the threat of exposing the affair(s) and money trail could have provoked a woman to react. *My opinion.

If the father in law was financially supporting or assisting any women that he was seeing outside of his marriage, the threat of exposing the affair(s) and money trail could have provoked a woman to react. *My opinion.
Or children of such a person. Like an adult son, dependent on his mom's stability....

6 degrees of separation.

Jmo

How tall was Liz?
I have read a couple places 5ft2-5ft3 In the video, the killer seems to be around the same height, but to me, it looks like driveway is on an angle with Liz standing on the taller portion and the killer down lower which could make them appear to be shorter than they are. Maybe someone can verify the driveway is sloped?

The Goddard school opens at 6am according to their website. I bet the coward moved out of there fast because not only would the place be staffed already, but parents would be dropping their kids off. There was a much higher risk of someone making note of a vehicle parked there with someone in it. MOO

I’m sorry, but I’m behind the eight-ball here. Can someone remind me as to the general timeline of the apartment robbery and the gunshot into her place of employment. Thanks.

I have read a couple places 5ft2-5ft3 In the video, the killer seems to be around the same height, but to me, it looks like driveway is on an angle with Liz standing on the taller portion and the killer down lower which could make them appear to be shorter than they are. Maybe someone can verify the driveway is sloped?
It’s Houston all driveways slope here. We are the bayou city and flood often.

Sergio made Liz’s last costume and posted it on a non-linkable site. He says liz is 5’1 in a comment in the site.

It’s Houston all driveways slope here. We are the bayou city and flood often.

Sergio made Liz’s last costume and posted it on a non-linkable site. He says liz is 5’1 in a comment in the site.
What does it mean: he made the costume? Did he show the costume, he made, or did he show Liz in her new costume??

Did the helmet, which Liz had in her garage sale, belong to the last made costume, do you know? Or is it not recognizable, whether it is the same helmet?
No, this was a different costume. It was the jawa costume listed on the who killed Liz website.
5th photo

Interesting... is this type of firearm the preferred weapon for a female? moo

Bear, Delaware woman is the 29th person arrested so far this year carrying a loaded gun into the @PHLAirport TSA checkpoint. Her .380 was loaded with 6 bullets inside her carry on bag detected by the X-ray machine. FIne this for this can be as high as $15k plus missed flight.

1694877959513.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member