TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding no social media advertising I just don’t see it as anything significant. The idea about the garage sale I get is that Liz knew that they had a few things lying around that they could get a few extra bucks from and she had some time off work coming. There are many people who tend to have garage sales whenever they feel like they’ve accumulated too much and a few extra bucks would be handy. I’m sure if this were going to be a big sale that she’d have listed it in SM.

Several posters here have commented that garage sales are quite prevalent in that neighborhood and, indeed, the fact that it is a development would automatically ensure quite a few potential customers. So, in my book: Not meant to be a big deal: A few things to sell as they’re getting ready to go on vacay and could use an extra hundred bucks or so.

Regarding the tine of day, way back when I remember a poster mentioning that both the Friday start day as well as the early morning start time are common in the neighborhood, FWIW.

Revisiting the "OB" pet theory, as it addresses the reason for the garage sale as well as any I've heard. All MOO, and we've chatted about this before, but for any who haven't spun through this angle: suppose Liz is angry at OB for bounced paychecks leading right up to trip, and has an altercation with OB about the same.. (as is alleged to have occurred).

From there, she has this garage sale for two reasons : 1. She and Sergio don't have as much spending cash as they planned because of the bounced checks, and 2. This garage sale is Liz's way to give "OB" the middle finger for impacting their anniversary trip due to his indiscretions. (Look what we need to do because you're so irresponsible!). I don't think she really expected to make that much money at this yard sale, so her motives for me lean more toward point 2 than point 1.

Point 2 explains why advertising wasn't important, because really only one person needed to know about it to fulfill that grudge. (And we understand OB is one of the handful of people that did know about it).

All MOO!
Who is OB? Sorry, I cannot recall for some reason

I will always personally find it suspicious that someone in her life just sped on past her death moving up, on, out, and away in lightning record speed. My opinion only.
I sort of have the opposite opinion: I don’t think anyone in her life “moved on” in lightening speed. Her husband did marry almost three years hence, but I can’t find anything suspicious in that in and of itself. (Unless they had started seeing each other much earlier but there doesn’t seem to be any indication of such. Certainly not before the murder.)

Revisiting the "OB" pet theory, as it addresses the reason for the garage sale as well as any I've heard. All MOO, and we've chatted about this before, but for any who haven't spun through this angle: suppose Liz is angry at OB for bounced paychecks leading right up to trip, and has an altercation with OB about the same.. (as is alleged to have occurred).

From there, she has this garage sale for two reasons : 1. She and Sergio don't have as much spending cash as they planned because of the bounced checks, and 2. This garage sale is Liz's way to give "OB" the middle finger for impacting their anniversary trip due to his indiscretions. (Look what we need to do because you're so irresponsible!). I don't think she really expected to make that much money at this yard sale, so her motives for me lean more toward point 2 than point 1.

Point 2 explains why advertising wasn't important, because really only one person needed to know about it to fulfill that grudge. (And we understand OB is one of the handful of people that did know about it).

All MOO!
Most likely everything you've mentioned is related to this complex and complicated unsolved premeditated murder.

Thank you.
I'm confused about the bounced checks situation. Can someone fill me in?
OB was Sergios employer, and it was asserted that he was spending profusely on mistresses at the expense of his own company's liquidity. The result of that was bounced paychecks to Sergio, which infuriated Liz and she "may have" had an altercation with OB to address the impact to her family's financials. It's easy to imagine that conversation being very heated, but we don't have many details, at least that I'm privy to.

Later when questioned, OB insisted there were no financial issues with his company and it was just a clerical error, but now we see filings for delinquent taxes against him have been made and it looks pretty compelling that he was under at least some financial distress in that time period...

All MOO of course!

I’m glad to see movement on Liz‘s thread.

I’m not caught up yet.

I live in far west Houston/ Harris County.

interesting about OB and also that maybe a shot was fired into Liz’s work.

the YT video “That Chapter” does an excellent review of the tragic story. what other podcasts or YT do you recommend?

OB was Sergios employer, and it was asserted that he was spending profusely on mistresses at the expense of his own company's liquidity. The result of that was bounced paychecks to Sergio, which infuriated Liz and she "may have" had an altercation with OB to address the impact to her family's financials. It's easy to imagine that conversation being very heated, but we don't have many details, at least that I'm privy to.

Later when questioned, OB insisted there were no financial issues with his company and it was just a clerical error, but now we see filings for delinquent taxes against him have been made and it looks pretty compelling that he was under at least some financial distress in that time period...

All MOO of course!
Huh, well money is the age old motive. Could be something, could be nothing. I'm personally leading toward something. MOO.
No way this was random, right? I do not buy that. I definitely think someone close is hiding something.

Do you know by chance if there was a life insurance policy on Liz, or *multiple* as we sometimes see on this forum? I wonder if it'd go to husband, who could always give his old pops some dough if need be - hypothetically! Just thinking aloud

Huh, well money is the age old motive. Could be something, could be nothing. I'm personally leading toward something. MOO.
No way this was random, right? I do not buy that. I definitely think someone close is hiding something.

Do you know by chance if there was a life insurance policy on Liz, or *multiple* as we sometimes see on this forum? I wonder if it'd go to husband, who could always give his old pops some dough if need be - hypothetically! Just thinking aloud
Yes there was - but Sergio claimed he hadn't collected it because he didn't need it (?!), others claimed he didn't collect it because he wasn't cleared to access it, <modsnip: not victim friendly>

In any case take all of this with a grain of salt - most is a heavy dose of MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Money, revenge, jealousy I would throw out there as the motives in MOST murders. Very few victims of murders are killed by a stranger.

I just published a podcast episode about Liz's case. I spoke to true crime rock star Paul Holes about the case because I wanted to get his take on it, and he told me that he actually has worked on an episode of an upcoming tv show about the case and one nugget he gave me was that he had looked into a gunshot being fired into Liz's place of employment not long before she was killed. I had not heard that, has anyone else, or have more info?
@morf13, thank you for doing the podcast and well done! Your other podcast are appreciated by me too.

Wow! Did not know that bit of info, threw me for a loop, and am intrigued to know more.

This is in regards to the alleged gunshot fired at Liz's place of employment. I’ve wondered if there were possible attempts made against Liz’s life prior to Jan. 25, 2019? Curious if apartment robbery was attempt one, and work related as attempt two to kill Liz? Just thinking about this…. Have so many questions.

Definitely, would like more details about the gunshot fired at Liz’s workplace. I gather that the public is not privy to the details of the crime as its an ongoing investigation?

Questions:

• Was Liz the target at the time, and if so, did Liz know she was the target?
  • Did LE believe it was an inside job meaning that person who fired the shot knew someone that worked at the place of employment?
  • Any cctv or surveillance camera catch suspicious person or persons in the area?
  • Any suspicious vehicle caught on camera?
  • What time of day did it happen?
  • Were there any witnesses to the crime? If so, was a description of the shooter or vehicle provided?
  • Was a police report filed?
  • Were others in the office around at the time of the gunshot blast? Was a bullet casing left behind? Does it match the one left at Barraza murder on Cedar Walk Drive?
  • Is this robbery and this crime part of an ongoing investigation?

IIRC, Liz also worked a part-time job at Cool Kat Party Warehouse. There is no doubt the killer is an extremely dangerous person and the gunshot incident reaffirm. Someone wanted Liz dead and was willing to stop at nothing even if that meant other people would be around. I knew the killer has no regard for life, and this also affirms it. The person needs to be apprehended before someone else is murdered. This is an extremely dangerous person (a ticking time bomb) who is still free and hasn’t been held accountable for the crime(s) committed.

I don't expect any answers (Yet) to all of my questions at this time. This post is speculation and a matter of opinion only!

I know that justice is coming for Liz!

Last edited:
What about the Nissan truck being stopped. “The person had a reason to be in the area.“ That dismissed them….why?

I'd like to know more about that truck and driver. Just because they had reason to be in the area doesn't mean they were not the killer.
According to A.Stoner's 1st Liz Barraza video, he covers the police (timestamp 1:00) report. Imo, this vehicle being spotted heading southbound on Kuykendahl Rd. is a red flag. Additionally, have wondered about truck model possibly a Titan. Have never agreed 100% on it being a Frontier. MOO

• A little after 7:00 am that morning, BOLO was placed on a black Nissan Frontier (thanks to neighbor’s quick action calling 911).
  • At around 7:10 am it appears that an officer located a black Nissan heading southbound on Kuykendahl Rd. No further info about this is noted because it’s blacked out.
MOO

Last edited:
Anyone interested to know more details about OB or just more information about Liz, (imo) Paula Zahn: A Fairy Tale Ruined is a good source. I've linked Liz's parents' website which also links Paula Zahn's story about Liz. It's available at YouTube, also.

Special Note: The episode description may be wrong on your channel guide - but here is the correct information:
Season 25 Episode 8 · A Fairy Tale Ruined New 60 min Original Air Date: Oct 30, 2022

Can't tell if man or woman due to 'disguise'. Many say voice sounds like a man but I can not tell. Running away it is also hard to say whether man or woman. IMO not a hired hit due to so many shots and the disguise/daylight/cameras/etc involved in the 'plan'.

All MOO of course!
Thanks for that explanation of OBs financials ------hmmmm--
I was not aware of that situation
Makes me wonder ------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics