TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Apple air tags weren't released for another two years, but is it possible the shooter had some kind of GPS enabled device on his work van (truck?) so they knew when Sergio left?
I guess it's weighing up what is the likelihood that whoever the shooter is, managed to get that device on his truck without being spotted against the chances of a burner phone and letting that person know they are leaving... just my opinion.

I guess it's weighing up what is the likelihood that whoever the shooter is, managed to get that device on his truck without being spotted against the chances of a burner phone and letting that person know they are leaving... just my opinion.
I have thought a lot about this myself. The family schedule wasn't entirely normal that morning but the timing of the crime was almost perfect. How would you have coordinated this without leaving any trace? Did you even need to coordinate? Could I just wait until I see sergio's van go by and then go? Could you give someone access to the password for your Nest Camera so they could watch? Burner phones are typically not untraceable at all- there is a purchase point, video, some sort of credit check/bank card transaction, a billing address...

I have thought a lot about this myself. The family schedule wasn't entirely normal that morning but the timing of the crime was almost perfect. How would you have coordinated this without leaving any trace? Did you even need to coordinate? Could I just wait until I see sergio's van go by and then go? Could you give someone access to the password for your Nest Camera so they could watch? Burner phones are typically not untraceable at all- there is a purchase point, video, some sort of credit check/bank card transaction, a billing address...
That morning the killer had to know not only, that SB is gone now, but that Liz would be at her garage sale. A tracking device alone wouldn't have helped.

That morning the killer had to know not only, that SB is gone now, but that Liz would be at her garage sale. A tracking device alone wouldn't have helped.
I wonder how closely LE has looked at the neighbors that had a view from their windows to the Barraza home. Were there any neighbor disputes, HOA issues in the past? Could a disgruntled neighbor have alerted the killer who was staged nearby?

I just keep going back and forth with it. Really you could say the truck could be just as traceable as using a burner phone, yet nothing has come from that.
So from the angle of going on a visual of him leaving, is this possible from the street the shooter was parked on? I really need to look at it on a map! Or are you suggesting they went to check and drove to the house and the obvious sign he wasn't there, the van gone, was an indicator to continue?
I do apologise if this is a stupid/obvious question. Just struggling to get past like you said, how the morning wasn't entirely the norm for them, yet everything in terms of the crime went perfectly. AMO.

• Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] The Nissan Frontier leaves the Goddard School parking lot to conceal on a different street.
  • Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] Sergio leaves the property to go to work, in a white panel van.
  • Early Morning [06:51:40 AM] The Nissan Frontier comes back into view and heads towards the Barraza home.

I wouldn't doubt that if this person is within 2-3 hours of the murder that LE has the vehicle on a list from DMV. Otherwise, a 4-5 hour drive by the killer could put the killer in Dallas-Ft Worth, Shreveport LA or Baton Rouge by noon. Stop for a nap and before going onward and they could be anywhere in a 12 hour radius. However, if there is cosplay connection - i.e., within Texas organizations - I believe a cosplay connection is within 4-6 hours.

Perhaps there were communications between the Nissan Frontier's driver and an accomplice by utilizing walkie talkies. A pair is less than a hundred bucks and the range is up to 5 miles.

Someone watching Sergio from a safe distance radios the Nissan Frontier's driver when Sergio cranks his white van at 06:48am. Maybe the accomplice is the reason the Nissan Frontier passes back by the residence after the shooting if they needed to pick up someone who'd been hidden while waiting in the bushes, by example.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 12.29.35 AM.png Link

Perhaps there were communications between the Nissan Frontier's driver and an accomplice by utilizing walkie talkies. A pair is less than a hundred bucks and the range is up to 5 miles.

Someone watching Sergio from a safe distance radios the Nissan Frontier's driver when Sergio cranks his white van at 06:48am. Maybe the accomplice is the reason the Nissan Frontier passes back by the residence after the shooting if they needed to pick up someone who'd been hidden while waiting in the bushes, by example.

View attachment 453861 Link
Possibly! That is a good theory. I just can't shake that the person or people involved had more inside knowledge to know the change in routine and the garage sale etc. Imo it was someone Elizabeth knew. It's too perfect...

View attachment 453861 Link
Good thinking!

What doesn't get discussed much is the car moving from the school. Seems to negate any significance of the Nissan leaving at the same time as SB? Obviously the timing still seems intentional, but I wonder why the move from the Goddard school. Was it just coincidence and they changed their mind about it being a good waiting place? They were clearly waiting, though.

What doesn't get discussed much is the car moving from the school. Seems to negate any significance of the Nissan leaving at the same time as SB? Obviously the timing still seems intentional, but I wonder why the move from the Goddard school. Was it just coincidence and they changed their mind about it being a good waiting place? They were clearly waiting, though.
I'd have to look at a map but wonder if the move out of the school parking lot was so that someone would be able to see they're in the neighborhood? Or perhaps the "trucker" feared cameras were rolling... tho, it's been stated that the school's cctv weren't working. As always, speculation, moo.

The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible is now up to $50,000.00.

If you have a tip, please call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line - all calls are completely anonymous. Only tips and calls DIRECTLY TO Crime Stoppers are anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.

+1 (713) 222-TIPS

Curious if the killer would or would not have any type of mobile device on hand during the killing… left in the vehicle or on person? Digital evidence is a valuable tool nowadays and is used to prosecute crimes.

-- Did LE found anything that would link the killer to the monstrous killing of Liz Barraza?

Do these devices have critical evidence:
-- intent of a person(s) and their whereabouts of the person(s) at the time of a crime and any connection with others?

Someone knows something... Why are you not telling LE what you know?

Speculation.

Curious if the killer would or would not have any type of mobile device on hand during the killing… left in the vehicle or on person? Digital evidence is a valuable tool nowadays and is used to prosecute crimes.

-- Did LE found anything that would link the killer to the monstrous killing of Liz Barraza?

Do these devices have critical evidence:
-- intent of a person(s) and their whereabouts of the person(s) at the time of a crime and any connection with others?

Someone knows something... Why are you not telling LE what you know?

Speculation.
I sometimes wonder about tips and LE's management of them. Look at the 2005 disappearance and murder of Tara Grinstead. Over a decade later LE makes an arrest and says "He was never on our radar." Not long afterward, CBS's "48 Hours" covers the case and finds out that years before the arrest a person called in a tip about the murderer confessing to him. AND he not only calls in then, but in subsequent years he calls in MULTIPLE times with details and the killer's name - from 2007 to 2016. LE had no response to "48 Hours". The tipster had come across the killer while in the Army in 2006, the year after the murder. He called local LE and the GA Bureau of Investigation - who was actively involved in the case - and nothing happened. It's about 16 minutes into "48 Hours", Season 33, Episode 66. The killer SHOULD have been on their RADAR, but no one knows why.

Could there be someone who has ALREADY called in a tip? Entered wrong in a tips database? I wonder.

I'm missing something. Did the truck drive into the parking lot at Goddard School or was it leaving or both (on surveillance)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70