TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I was wondering about that...I'm thinking more like Google maps location sharing, timeline sharing, etc.
Maybe just have to have the person you're 'tracking' Gmail account info or be able to locate the info somehow...Not to proud of this, but I've spied on my boyfriend's phone before, lol. I also know that a guy stalked my niece that way....

Or someone borrowed SB's phone and added spyware. It's possible. But I would hope LE found it!

Change of SB’s schedule due to garage sale. LB Dad canceling on being there. Garage sale early enough for the set up not to be in broad daylight. Timing of the act to be right after SB left. This to me is someone who is in their inner circle, has intimate knowledge of the Barrazas and has probably been waiting quite a while for a moment like this to come up. Or….someone with access to their daily movements like a neighbor and in that case, got lucky that nobody showed up to help LB set up. It makes me wonder if LB had seen something suspicious and reported it.
Someone with IT knowledge please let me know if I'm way off base.

Going with the inner circle theory; this person may be someone close to them that stayed at their house before and had access to their wifi. I wonder if this person was able to access their nest cam with the Barraza's wifi. Perhaps they pulled into the school and when they realized it was too far to pick up the Barraza's wifi, they moved to conceal to a street where the wifi was able to be picked up. Would explain why the perp was at the school for 10 seconds.

He has told people that he got it, but that he’s never used it. As someone that has dealt with life insurance, I don’t believe he got it. You have to be cleared as suspect of the person that was murdered and he’s never officially been cleared. But if he did get it and hasn’t touched it, I am sure the amount is massive now with interest.

One of the things about this case that isn’t our business. I’m not going to speculate about this. And it seems in poor taste when others do.
There is currently much speculation on this thread about family who may be involved with murdering Liz Burazza. My question about why they never had children isn’t meant to judge or pry, but simply to understand the picture surrounding Liz.

If that offends you, I’m sorry. It’s not meant to be offensive, but to try to figure out what happened regarding why Luz was murdered and who did it. In my book, considering all the rest that has been discussed, it’s just part of the picture.

Thanks. I was wondering about that...I'm thinking more like Google maps location sharing, timeline sharing, etc.
Maybe just have to have the person you're 'tracking' Gmail account info or be able to locate the info somehow...Not to proud of this, but I've spied on my boyfriend's phone before, lol. I also know that a guy stalked my niece that way....

I don't think there's any way to track a person merely by having their gmail account info. I can only track phones who are on the same account as me. It would be a huge and ongoing public issue if it were at all easy or possible to track any person once you had their phone number - much less through gmail (although I suppose it's possible that some people put their phone numbers in their gmail signature line).

IMO.

There is currently much speculation on this thread about family who may be involved with murdering Liz Burazza. My question about why they never had children isn’t meant to judge or pry, but simply to understand the picture surrounding Liz.

If that offends you, I’m sorry. It’s not meant to be offensive, but to try to figure out what happened regarding why Luz was murdered and who did it. In my book, considering all the rest that has been discussed, it’s just part of the picture.

What do you then deduce from that fact? I'm curious how the picture changes if reproductive choices are considered? Do you think it goes to motive?

Not trying to provoke or criticize you at all - just curious where that takes you, since we're all speculating here anyway. I can think of a pattern that could include this information - but I am interested in what you think.

Or someone borrowed SB's phone and added spyware. It's possible. But I would hope LE found it!

Yet another fact that, if true, points to someone who's relatively an insider in her life.

I don't think there's any way to track a person merely by having their gmail account info. I can only track phones who are on the same account as me. It would be a huge and ongoing public issue if it were at all easy or possible to track any person once you had their phone number - much less through gmail (although I suppose it's possible that some people put their phone numbers in their gmail signature line).

IMO.
If you have location services on, your gmail account has a map of everywhere you have been with your phone. It’s very very creepy.

If you have location services on, your gmail account has a map of everywhere you have been with your phone. It’s very very creepy.

So, in that scenario, someone hacked into her gmail account. However, the crime was obviously planned to be at her home so...was this stranger hacked into both her own gmail account and to SB's? Because it seems more relevant to track when SB left.

BTW, it's not real time tracking that shows up within the Google-verse. AFAIK, LE has to contact/subpoena the records from Google.

I've tried many times to see what can be found out about me, if you are inside my main google account - and even I can't see where I've been. Nor can I see my own search history - not inside Google, anyway. So I personally don't think much of use can be gleaned by hacking someone's email.

IOW, it's not "my gmail account" that has all my location data - but the corporation's servers. Would love to know more about this - but a quick search doesn't give me any more info about how to know where I have been in the past week, month or years. If that were the case, people would be constantly snooping on their family members. I do use google maps and I do have location services turned on. My spouse can find this information only in real time - by the last ping of my cell phone, not every thing I do all day. We share an account. I can see that his phone is in our house right now - and that's it. And that's using the FindMy app on Apple - not on Google. Google information tells me nothing about where either one of us are. This is why air tags are popular - everyone I know uses Apple air tags but I suppose Android has it too - but unless one is an Android user, there's no location data in gmail.

Do we know what type of phone SG and EB had?

IMO.

Going with the inner circle theory; this person may be someone close to them that stayed at their house before and had access to their wifi. I wonder if this person was able to access their nest cam with the Barraza's wifi. Perhaps they pulled into the school and when they realized it was too far to pick up the Barraza's wifi, they moved to conceal to a street where the wifi was able to be picked up. Would explain why the perp was at the school for 10 seconds.

It is possible if they were given the wi-fi access code or housesat for them. Inner circle, friends, and extended family.

Was a family member upset they didn't want to have children?
I mean it's crazy but who knows right?

What do you then deduce from that fact? I'm curious how the picture changes if reproductive choices are considered? Do you think it goes to motive?

Not trying to provoke or criticize you at all - just curious where that takes you, since we're all speculating here anyway. I can think of a pattern that could include this information - but I am interested in what you think.

Yet another fact that, if true, points to someone who's relatively an insider in her life.

Or one incredibly LUCKY random stranger.

IMO.

In the nearly identical case of Mo Wilson being shot by Kaitlyn Armstrong, Kaitlyn tracked Mo using the same biking app Mo used. Mo was a professional bicycle racer, and Kaitlyn was not. Using this app, Kaitlyn could see Mo's mapped out places she was going and her real-time location, as the app was used for other bikers to share routes and location with each other.

If you have not hear of this case before, I urge you to look into it. It is eerily, extremely similar and takes place in Texas, too. A woman guns down another woman at her home, shoots her 3 times, once in the head while she is laying on the ground, and then is seen driving her somewhat distinctive Jeep on Ring doorbell footage, and drives back by to look at the victim. More to it, but thats the gist.

One big thing that happened with Mo's case. There was a lot of circumstantial evidence against Kaitlyn (once again, almost exactly what we know about Liz's case) and Kaitlyn was arrested, but it was for a separate, petty crime Kaitlyn commited. They had to release her because her date of birth was wrong on the arrest record. She took that opportunity to flee the country on a ton of little small flights domestic and abroad, get plastic surgery on her face, and then tried to lay low in a small farm town.

Perhaps the police have similar amounts of evidence, but are hesitant to make the arrest quite yet due to concerns about something similar happening. Just let the shooter think they will never get caught, let them get complacent, then arrest them at a convention in their favorite outfit.

So, in that scenario, someone hacked into her gmail account. However, the crime was obviously planned to be at her home so...was this stranger hacked into both her own gmail account and to SB's? Because it seems more relevant to track when SB left.

BTW, it's not real time tracking that shows up within the Google-verse. AFAIK, LE has to contact/subpoena the records from Google.

I've tried many times to see what can be found out about me, if you are inside my main google account - and even I can't see where I've been. Nor can I see my own search history - not inside Google, anyway. So I personally don't think much of use can be gleaned by hacking someone's email.

IOW, it's not "my gmail account" that has all my location data - but the corporation's servers. Would love to know more about this - but a quick search doesn't give me any more info about how to know where I have been in the past week, month or years. If that were the case, people would be constantly snooping on their family members. I do use google maps and I do have location services turned on. My spouse can find this information only in real time - by the last ping of my cell phone, not every thing I do all day. We share an account. I can see that his phone is in our house right now - and that's it. And that's using the FindMy app on Apple - not on Google. Google information tells me nothing about where either one of us are. This is why air tags are popular - everyone I know uses Apple air tags but I suppose Android has it too - but unless one is an Android user, there's no location data in gmail.

Do we know what type of phone SG and EB had?

IMO.
Google Maps Location History - View Your Location History in Google Maps and Shut Off Tracking

This should possibly help you. If you have yours turned off, try turning it on for a few days to see what it looks like?

ETA: i don’t think this or any IT tracking was involved in this murder. I think it was pure coincidence or luck.

I’m really not sure. Here’s the thing: As someone mentioned up-thread, even insurance money isn’t necessarily a motive, in and of itself. Unless there are problems in a relationship. If there are problems, though, many things can become motives. I’m not limiting this to within a couple, even. Children and often even grandchildren, and the desire for them, can be flashpoints, and points of great contention between people.

I’m thinking about people I know and the, at times, deep longing and desperation for children and grandchildren. Just noodling, really.

Was a family member upset they didn't want to have children?
I mean it's crazy but who knows right?
I agree that it is crazy what some families get upset about. But as far as motive and kids, someone could be upset that they weren’t having kids, OR that they were about to!

all speculation - and this Is not a motive that is near the top for me.

I agree that it is crazy what some families get upset about. But as far as motive and kids, someone could be upset that they weren’t having kids, OR that they were about to!

all speculation - and this Is not a motive that is near the top for me.

same, without suspects I'm grasping at straws here.

I am curious about the one suspect SB told LE about.

I’m sure someone has probably said this in one of the threads already - if I were the new girlfriend (now wife) and I met this guy online (I believe he said Match.com) and then learned his wife was murdered in their front yard and they still don’t know who did it - I would run the other way. But that’s just me!

In the nearly identical case of Mo Wilson being shot by Kaitlyn Armstrong, Kaitlyn tracked Mo using the same biking app Mo used. Mo was a professional bicycle racer, and Kaitlyn was not. Using this app, Kaitlyn could see Mo's mapped out places she was going and her real-time location, as the app was used for other bikers to share routes and location with each other.

If you have not hear of this case before, I urge you to look into it. It is eerily, extremely similar and takes place in Texas, too. A woman guns down another woman at her home, shoots her 3 times, once in the head while she is laying on the ground, and then is seen driving her somewhat distinctive Jeep on Ring doorbell footage, and drives back by to look at the victim. More to it, but thats the gist.

One big thing that happened with Mo's case. There was a lot of circumstantial evidence against Kaitlyn (once again, almost exactly what we know about Liz's case) and Kaitlyn was arrested, but it was for a separate, petty crime Kaitlyn commited. They had to release her because her date of birth was wrong on the arrest record. She took that opportunity to flee the country on a ton of little small flights domestic and abroad, get plastic surgery on her face, and then tried to lay low in a small farm town.

Perhaps the police have similar amounts of evidence, but are hesitant to make the arrest quite yet due to concerns about something similar happening. Just let the shooter think they will never get caught, let them get complacent, then arrest them at a convention in their favorite outfit.
Great comparison. You're totally right. Eerily similar facts.

That's not my understanding. Google servers may have it - but my gmail account does not. I am a longterm gmail user. I know that android users find their location data in gmail, but I don't. Mine is online on icloud.

If a person uses maps.google, then google has a record of where they have been. But if you do not use maps. google and instead use, say, apple's mapping system, your location does NOT show up on google.

Gmail has no clue what my phone number is. How would it track me?

If if you have a link to explain it - I'd like to see it. But I've worked in forensics (and more on the digital side for the past 10 years) and I do not believe gmail (I have about 10 gmail accounts) knows where I am - on any of my accounts.

But icloud does.

IMO. And I could turn off location services (which is part of my phone's OS - and that is IOS, not android) if I did not want to be tracked, but I do.

But nope, no way to find out where I've been on gmail or my larger google account. Do you know which of the menu choices I'd have to pick to get this? Because none of the ones I have provide this information. Maybe I'm missing something. In the podcaxt, To Live and Die in L.A., it's clear that LE had to go to Google with a subpoena to get google map data. You're saying that data is also on my own account - but I don't see it. I don't even understand how it would be possible, since gmail doesn't know my phone number nor is my location data sent to gmail.

IOW, what option would I have to enable to get this service?

TIA.

ETA: I did go check maps.google within gmail - it can't even find my phone right now, and I'm sitting next to it, much less provide any information on where that phone has been. What other way would an app have of tracking where I am? What it does show are places I've input into Google maps, in order to get directions (but since I rarely have to go anywhere that I don't know how to get to - my "recent" places are...just my workplace). It doesn't show my route, it doesn't show the several errands I just ran, etc.

Oh, and it also shows a BUNCH of places I've never been (including places I've saved due to true crime interest - but also Tintangel and Stonehenge are in my saved places - because I WANT to go there...that's what google maps is saving to the google interface. I think it's a disservice to Google itself to claim that it snoops on our phones (when it doesn't even know my phone number! I use a different recovery method - and have never been prompted to do otherwise, nor would I).

I don't like people to be any more paranoid about being tracked than they already are, personally. Nor do I want someone relying on maps.google or "gmail" as a security feature that can later tell family members where a person has been. Surely a device would have to be attached to said person - and if we don't tell Google what device to track (which it can't track anyway, as it is not my phone carrier NOR my Apple account).

Do Android users get the same features that I get from Apple? I suspect so - and I bet there's a way of disabling that, just as there is on iPhone.

Last edited:
This has always interested me because he didn’t leave at his usual time
That day, according to him and his neighbors. So the killer just “got lucky” that he wasn’t there.
S does not seem to me to be guilty. I think it’s someone else. But it did just occur to me to ask if S has ever wondered (on the record) if he could have been a target too, if he’s ever expressed fear that the person might have wanted to — or still wants to — kill him. If he ever thought, even that day, that maybe he would be dead too if he hadn’t left early.
I would expect him as an innocent man to have wondered about that.
Of course it does seem that the killer waited for him to leave, but he shouldn’t have known that right away.
JMO, more of a question really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member