TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great news! From the article linked above, it sounds like they got a good tip or two that led to a warrant. Assume a search warrant? It's not specified.

Best wishes to her family, I hope they get some answers soon. Her dad sounds like a great person.

That’s awesome news! Now I wonder what the warrant is for, who, and when it will be served? Are warrants public info in Houston?

I am wondering if it is telling that her father is the one in the story, not her husband?

From the article:

Detectives say they are waiting on results of a warrant that they hope will break the case.

Barraza's father stayed in close contact with the detective on the case, and says he's confident the case will soon be solved.

"One of the messages that he wanted us to put out there is that he is still very actively investigating this case and right now he's waiting the results of a warrant that he thinks could possibly break the case," Barraza's father Bob Nuelle said.

can't wait to see the warrant

Thanks to all who provided updates on this case. I’d never heard of EB and what happened to her until today. This is one if the most cold blooded acts I’ve seen. Whoever did this needs to be brought to justice. So senseless. Hope to see this move forward soon!

I'm so thrilled to find out today about the progress in this case!! This news release makes me think the detectives are already certain what they need to find to make an arrest. They've been hush-hush on the case till now. No doubt for good reason. I'm sure they know what they're doing. God bless the family.

<modsnip - unsubstantiated info with no MSM link; info/discussion of family FB> I just can't fathom any way someone could kill someone on a neighborhood street where numerous people must have surveillance cameras, and that the car would have to go out via Kuykendahl; I don't think there is any other way out. That street is non-stop businesses of all kinds with cameras I'm sure too. And if anything the costume makes it stand out even more. How could this person expect to not be apprehended unless they took great pains to plan this. I do feel like a woman is behind this crime. But the shooter still strikes me as a man dressed as a woman. I can't tell the height, though thankfully the police can, but the skinny long legs and the somewhat bulkier middle, and the general look of the wig, look to me like a man; hopefully soon we will get some answers. I'm so grateful to the police for their continued work on this case. I believe they care very much. I'm from the area so I have plenty of faith in our law enforcement officers there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve thought it was a man as well. It was an awkward run I thought. Could very well be an awkward woman as well.
I think the perp is a man. The reason I say that is the way he runs away and the way he fires the gun, particularly the extended arm, one-handed last shot. Not to mention his body type and fairly ridiculous costume. I have been wrong plenty of times, however ...

Also, why do you think the information about the warrant was released? It seems odd to me that that should come out.

Last edited:
I wondered if the info on the warrant was to cause the perpetrator to make a mistake. I am still more than baffled by this case. I get impressions on things but I can't make assumptions. I am hoping very much that this coming week brings an arrest. I'm also thinking that the perpetrator of this crime is not as smart as they think. It certainly doesn't look like it. I think the perpetrator had an involvement in the couple's groups, and this can't be a "regular Joe" kind of person. It has to be someone who is unstable.

Big sigh.:( Yes it is. But darn, this case? The entire incident was captured and recorded. And yet a big nothing. When it first happened, I thought this would be an easy peasy case to break.

I'll state up front I am pro-LE.

However, because of another unsolved case where video is available, I've wondered if, sometimes, having video creates a "blind eye" effect to other elements and evidence in a case. Does the video tend to drive what evidence takes precedence? Does other evidence get discounted because it does not, at that particular time, at least, fit with the video?

Does anyone know if this is a problem for investigators? And if so, how do they guard against having "video bias?" Or is that even necessary?

I guess I'm thinking out loud here. Because I don't know if having video impacts in a negative way.

The Missy Bevers case is the unsolved case I mentioned above, which has a lot of video footage of the suspect.

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

I'll state up front I am pro-LE.

However, because of another unsolved case where video is available, I've wondered if, sometimes, having video creates a "blind eye" effect to other elements and evidence in a case. Does the video tend to drive what evidence takes precedence? Does other evidence get discounted because it does not, at that particular time, at least, fit with the video?

Does anyone know if this is a problem for investigators? And if so, how do they guard against having "video bias?" Or is that even necessary?

I guess I'm thinking out loud here. Because I don't know if having video impacts in a negative way.

The Missy Bevers case is the unsolved case I mentioned above, which has a lot of video footage of the suspect.

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44
Libby and Abby - the first sketch of the POI is nothing like the second, and it seems like sketch one was really affected the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces