GUILTY TX - Elizabeth Ennen, 15, Lubbock, 5 January 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe HS told VE that EE ran away with the boyfriend -- maybe that was what HS told VE that night, when she was at the hotel. (I'm guessing she was there looking for her daughter too.) And perhaps that's why VE told the police what she did. That's my guess.

If my daughter was missing and at 2 a.m. someone told me she had run away with a boyfriend, I'd run away in terror/panic as well... and I might not be thinking straight or logically, because I would be so upset. I feel nothing but sympathy for VE, as she seems absolutely distraught over this.

Yet, it disturbed her so greatly that she still told the cop the next day that Beth may have run away with her boyfriend? The son of that very man? :waitasec:

Originally Posted by RavenTrue
Just read the arrest warrant details of video footage. It says that at 2:13 (would be am Jan 5) that VE ran from room 113. We know that EE's mother went to the motel room that night after it was determined that EE was missing. Clearly something in whatever she heard from HS disturbed her greatly.

This 19 y/o has been referred to as HS III ... he can't be that. He does not have his father's middle name, so I guess that leaves him just a plain old HS. He has tattoos up his arms per his picture on MS.

His birth record actually does say "III"...

I think that conventionally people tend to only use suffixes like Jr and III for the exact same name. However, I don't believe that there's a law that says you can't do it, kwim?

The reporter showing her a mugshot isn't much different than the woman seeing his face all over the news. Now, if his identity had not been revealed, it would be a different story.

In any case, I find the lady's story questionable. JMO

If she just happens to see his picture on the news there isn't a camera in her house to record her saying "That's him, I'd bet my life on it!"

Not to mention, the COPS should have already interviewed her with a lineup. It didn't appear to me that had happened by the way she reacted to the reporter showing it to her.

If the cops haven't interviewed this woman, I sure hope they have proof Elizabeth wasn't alive on the 17th. Otherwise they just screwed themselves over.

His birth record actually does say "III"...

I think that conventionally people tend to only use suffixes like Jr and III for the exact same name. However, I don't believe that there's a law that says you can't do it, kwim?

No law, he could have named him "Doorknob" and that would be his name. However, I suppose I am conventional ...

Actually, if Jr started laying golden eggs I still wouldn't like anything about him.

If she just happens to see his picture on the news there isn't a camera in her house to record her saying "That's him, I'd bet my life on it!"

Not to mention, the COPS should have already interviewed her with a lineup. It didn't appear to me that had happened by the way she reacted to the reporter showing it to her.

If the cops haven't interviewed this woman, I sure hope they have proof Elizabeth wasn't alive on the 17th. Otherwise they just screwed themselves over.
LE couldn't interview her if her existence was unknown to them. Respectfully, if the woman was a credible witness, she would've gone to LE first and given a statement before she spoke to reporters. If she didn't, then I find her story highly speculative.

Do you suppose the sighting on the 17th was caught on video too? I'm going to toss this out here because it has been bothering me since I watched Nancy Grace. If the body is EE and the date of death matches the 5th then the sighting on the 17th couldn't possibly be EE. The witness said that the person she saw was EE but could it have possibly been Hailey Dunn? I did not hear her say what the man who was holding her looked like except he was old. Surely the witness would know if it is the same perp tho. :waitasec:

Also she said he seen her push her in a car...what kind car? does that car match HS jr car?

Nancy Grace corrected someone on her show who said that the 19y/o was Elizabeth's boyfriend... She said, "NOT a boyfriend!" I hope and pray that he wasn't, he is too old and rough looking, imo, to date a sweet 15 y/o girl such as Elizabeth seemed to be.

This 19 y/o has been referred to as HS III ... he can't be that. He does not have his father's middle name, so I guess that leaves him just a plain old HS. He has tattoos up his arms per his picture on MS.

It was HSJr, from what I read, who suggested to her mom that Elizabeth might have run away with 19 y/o, and we know Jr had an agenda. Has anyone else seen that statement by HSJr? I don't remember where I read it.

Poor little girl. Just poor, poor, little thing. HSJr must have looked like a fiend when he was chasing her. It hurts to try to imagine how terrified she was.

yes it was stated on NG tonight.

my question is ..Did she call LE when she seen Elizabeth on TV. Has she even talked to LE?

and another thing...Did anyone in Dollar store see them? so many questions on this sighting?

LE couldn't interview her if her existence was unknown to them. Respectfully, if the woman was a credible witness, she would've gone to LE first and given a statement before she spoke to reporters. If she didn't, then I find her story highly speculative.

She said that she saw Elizabeth on TV the "next day" after she saw them at the store.

That she saw that she was a missing person the day after she saw her "robot like" and "hostage like" and "put in the car like a sack of garbage."

I would assume that at that point one would call the tip line and say that you saw this girl being put into a car like a sack of garbage the previous day.

However, I am rational, logical and would have called LE the day BEFORE whether there was a missing girl or not... if that really happened.

However, they hadn't even interviewed the LAST person to be seen with Elizabeth on the 18th. When this woman would have called if she did. So I don't know that they would have taken her real seriously either, since they hadn't even looked at the video, or talked to the suspect yet.

I don't know. She did seem very sure. But I find it hard to believe Elizabeth was still alive at that point.

I would also think they would have cameras there too.

hi guys....

there seems to be confusion re EE's mum and the police involvement.

someone here said the mum lied and other people are blaming the LE for not thinking she may have been in danger earlier.

now I am confused to the truth of this matter and I am certainly not going to bash either the LE or the mum, but after reading the report or case file from the investigating officer
this is what happened.

she was reported missing.

the le went to her house, mum was not there (this I think was the time she was at the motel)

they left a message for her to contact them.

she got in contact with the LE the next day (or that day since it was earl morn) and told them she could possibly be a runaway with the 19 year old.

On the report it said that they would pursue it at a possible runaway situation and question her friends.

This they did.

and THIS then lead them to interview the evil dad.

so hence the confusion, the mum was the one who said she was a runaway in the first place....when did she say she wasnt???

and why not mention to them re the evil dad.

Hailey Elizabeth
age 13 age 15
hgt 5'1 hgt 5'3
eyes Hazel eyes Brown
hair light brown Hair Sandy

Very sad news to wake up to morning my time, I didn't know her body had been found. Poor poor Beth she must have been terrified. Her young age and mental illness made her particularly fragile. It's just so awful she was put in the path of this monster.

My understanding is that she left the hotel late on the 4th/very early on the 5th.

She was reported missing early on the 5th.

The officer attempted to make contact with the mother and she was not home.

She contacted him "the following day." I swear I heard she contacted him on the 7th, but I can't find where I heard it.

The first we heard of it in the media the Mom was saying she would never run away. So we don't know when she changed that with law enforcement.

Now, MY personal issue with law enforcement in this case is very simple.

She was last seen in a MOTEL.

They have CAMERAS.

It would have taken an hour, to go through a few hours of video from 10pm-2am just stopping when you see a person. Just confirm that she walked out of there with the boyfriend. It would back up your runaway theory.

Had they done that within 18 hours of Elizabeth's disappearance instead of 18 DAYS... this might have been totally different. 3 weeks is a long time for evidence to deteriorate. Had they found her that first week, they'd have a lot more evidence.

This case was easy. It was handed to them on a silver platter. How often do they have a large part of the crime on VIDEO?

My issue isn't calling her a runaway, now that we know her mother suggested that. My issue is that they didn't do such a simple thing like looking at those videos, just to make sure there wasn't something like... a kidnapping on the tapes. :twocents:

hi guys....

there seems to be confusion re EE's mum and the police involvement.

someone here said the mum lied and other people are blaming the LE for not thinking she may have been in danger earlier.

now I am confused to the truth of this matter and I am certainly not going to bash either the LE or the mum, but after reading the report or case file from the investigating officer
this is what happened.

she was reported missing.

the le went to her house, mum was not there (this I think was the time she was at the motel)

they left a message for her to contact them.

she got in contact with the LE the next day (or that day since it was earl morn) and told them she could possibly be a runaway with the 19 year old.

On the report it said that they would pursue it at a possible runaway situation and question her friends.

This they did.

and THIS then lead them to interview the evil dad.

so hence the confusion, the mum was the one who said she was a runaway in the first place....when did she say she wasnt???

and why not mention to them re the evil dad.

And even if you know nothing. You simply google the names of the last people to see her and it comes up theft, aggravated assault, and you thing dodgy for her to be babysitting in a motel with these characters-even if you don't even think to check the cameras that would have been a first big huge alarm bell :(

Are they sure the runaway from Lubbock they arrested on 1/8 that said a Hispanic man tried to force her into his vehicle was making a "false claim"? 12/27-28 HD missing; 1/5 EE missing; 1/8 this girl makes claim - I hope they checked this out thoroughly.

http://cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23258

Hailey Elizabeth
age 13 age 15
hgt 5'1 hgt 5'3
eyes Hazel eyes Brown
hair light brown Hair Sandy

I really don't think there is a connection... and I'm not sure why. Because I'm also not convinced I know what happened to Hailey. I think maybe it's because this guy knew Beth but we have no reason to believe he knew Hailey. Not that it means anything.

However, for those who are looking at the similarities... here are the pictures.

hl2text.jpg

hltext.jpg

My understanding is that she left the hotel late on the 4th/very early on the 5th.

She was reported missing early on the 5th.

The officer attempted to make contact with the mother and she was not home.

She contacted him "the following day." I swear I heard she contacted him on the 7th, but I can't find where I heard it.

The first we heard of it in the media the Mom was saying she would never run away. So we don't know when she changed that with law enforcement.

Now, MY personal issue with law enforcement in this case is very simple.

She was last seen in a MOTEL.

They have CAMERAS.

It would have taken an hour, to go through a few hours of video from 10pm-2am just stopping when you see a person. Just confirm that she walked out of there with the boyfriend. It would back up your runaway theory.

Had they done that within 18 hours of Elizabeth's disappearance instead of 18 DAYS... this might have been totally different. 3 weeks is a long time for evidence to deteriorate. Had they found her that first week, they'd have a lot more evidence.

This case was easy. It was handed to them on a silver platter. How often do they have a large part of the crime on VIDEO?

My issue isn't calling her a runaway, now that we know her mother suggested that. My issue is that they didn't do such a simple thing like looking at those videos, just to make sure there wasn't something like... a kidnapping on the tapes. :twocents:

In the initial report in the early morning hours, they had her classified as a runaway.

Time line
Lubbock police reports revealed in court documents Monday detail some of the police efforts since Elizabeth Ennen went missing.
Jan. 5, 2011
■ 1 a.m. — Patrol officer Jason Nuss responds to Elizabeth’s Central Lubbock home, talks with her mother and takes a report. The summary of the public version of the report states: “Juvenile runaway.”
■ Later in the morning — Lubbock Police Detective Jeremy Winters is assigned the case. He goes to Ennen’s house. No one is home. He leaves his card asking teen’s mother to call him.
Jan. 6, 2011
■ Detective receives phone call from mother. He writes in his report that mother said Elizabeth could’ve possibly run away with her boyfriend, Humberto Salinas III.
■ Detective later writes in a report: “The next several days I continued to focus on Humberto Salinas III and Elizabeth’s friends to locate her.”
Jan. 7-20, 2011
■ Police reports for this time weren’t released in public document so it’s unknown what investigators did during this time. Police Spokesman Capt. Greg Stevens said investigators continued to work case.
Jan. 21, 2011
■ Detective writes in report that he contacted Humberto Salinas and asked for an interview.
■ Detective meets with Salinas and his wife as the Carriage House. Salinas later comes back to police department for a recorded interview.
■ Police get security camera footage from Carriage House, showing the hallways and parking lot.
■ Police department obtains a late-night warrant and arrests Salinas on charges of kidnapping and terrorizing Elizabeth Ennen.
Jan. 22, 2011
■ Lubbock police call afternoon news conference announcing the arrest and asking for the public’s help in locating Ennen, who is still missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julia2105
Back