GUILTY TX - Elizabeth Ennen, 15, Lubbock, 5 January 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AND the threw his own son under the bus, while comforting the mother of the young girl he murdered? :furious:

There are so many victims in this case.

I'm sorry, but this just ticks me right off. :furious:

This guy could totally have gotten away with murder. He could have skipped out of town. They may never have found poor Elizabeth.

At least LE in Colorado City hauled in the last person to see Hailey for a lie detector test.....and lord knows they are up against a battle in that case too.

Elizabeth Ennen did not deserve what happened to her. In her death, there are questions that need to be asked, things that need to be reviewed.

I am a big proponent for LE, but, I'm sorry, the in this case, living in that seedy motel, appearances the way they were.....those LE weren't paying attention. MOO

Forgot to post and tell you i borrowed your article and posted it in the HD thread. I hope that is ok. I gave credit :)

Police initially classified the case as a runaway, but within days learned the son had a solid alibi. They began looking at the elder Salinas, who initially gave another location for the baby-sitting, said Stevens, adding police for much of the investigation believed Elizabeth had disappeared from her home.

"We came around 180 degrees," said Stevens, adding an investigator suggested they check with the Carriage House Inn on possible video. Officers saw the video on the same day they arrested the suspect, police said.

Stevens defended his department from criticism on the time it took to make an arrest and find the body.

"These (type of cases) can often take years," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/26/texas.girl/index.html?hpt=T2

I say we throw, Shawn, Mona and Humberto all in a room together AKA "SAW III" style.
I'm sick of people hurting kids :(

There's nothing indicating Virginia Ennen knew about the crime or is a suspect, Stevens said. But, for an unknown reason, she never indicated that Salinas was lying about staying at the Villa motel at the time of the missing persons report.

http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/local/story/Elizabeth-Ennen/YEePk-660U6rMs3nHLL2dw.cspx

I'm confused! I thought VE knew it was the Carriage House & was even seen on video when she went there after learning E might have run away with the son..So, was she not there at the time Salinas told LE it was the Villa? Did she not tell LE it was the Carriage House? How did LE not get the RIGHT info that night when the 'missing' person call was made & LE wrote their report?

This is new, and important info for EE's case:

"He left with her and we believe at that time he killed her. There is evidence to suggest that," said Cpt. Stevens

Detectives explained how Salinas helped Elizabeth's mom file a missing person's report, but that he told police that she had been babysitting at a different motel. Police declined to release the name of the other location.

"At that point the person we believe is responsible for her death began the process of covering up a crime. He began misdirecting the investigation leading it for a lack of better terms in the opposite direction of the truth," said Captain Stevens.

Meanwhile, the investigation continued. Police searched for clues, conducted stake-outs and even looked at other individuals that might have known something about where Elizabeth was.

Sources tell KCBD that Salinas helped detectives find Elizabeth, but District Attorney Matt Powell says there was nothing in it for him.

"I don't make deals. I'll answer that question, there was no deal for where her body was," said Powell.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13912399

“The evidence that's on Elizabeth as well as in conducting the autopsy, there's very little that would hinder us from making definitive conclusions as to what took place," Natarajan said.

That leads me to believe they have DNA.

Perhaps when he said the Villa the night the report was taken, her mom was in shock and didn't pay that much attention. Perhaps she thought the son was staying at the Carriage House?

So if he initially told them a different hotel, did they view the tapes from that one immediately? Because it would be pretty easy to realize that neither one of them was on the tapes.

So if he initially told them a different hotel, did they view the tapes from that one immediately? Because it would be pretty easy to realize that neither one of them was on the tapes.

I agree, if the police were told a different motel, then that motel should have been checked right away. They would have quickly learned HS was lying, and then maybe started to figure out much sooner who they were dealing with.

I know for the public the LPD is putting on a united front, saying that they did everything right yada yada, but I truely hope that with all of this national attention they have learned some lessons, and will handle the next missing person's case much better. I know there probably was not a chance for Elizabeth to be saved, but there might be a chance for the next one.

They would've found out ASAP he wasn't even registered there..This "devil" took a huge risk LYING about that but maybe he knew what we now know about this police dept! :maddening:

They would've found out ASAP he wasn't even registered there..This "devil" took a huge risk LYING about that but maybe he knew what we now know about this police dept! :maddening:

You are right he did take a huge risk, but LE has made it clear that they let HS run this investigation for the first two weeks or so.

The night the report was taken, and Elizabeth's mother went to the Carriage House, and left hurriedly after a few minutues ... would that be when she learned that Elizabeth had been at the CH, and not the Villa? Where did she go when she left the CH?

It sounds like LE thought for a couple of weeks that Elizabeth babysat at the Villa, or am I misunderstanding that? I had never heard of the Villa, and thought they had always said the CH. :waitasec: Please help me out here.

O/T Maybe: How many young people are murdered every year? My head is spinning.

Personally, I don't see that LE could have handled this case any differently than they did. Sadly, it wouldn't have made a difference in the world because it's seems pretty clear to me that Elizabeth was murdered the same evening that she was reported missing. Sounds to me like they did a good job in investigating and bringing this case to closure.

~JMO~

I respectfully disagree. LE takes the name, address. and social, or driver's license number when they are talking to a witness. He claimed to be the last one to have seen her. It should be protocol to run a check on the last person to have seen her, as well as the son, and also her family members, for priors.

He would have been seen as suspicious from that point on, and they would have had the needed information within hours. It's easy to say she died before he made the call, but I don't know how they could possibly know that, unless decomp was found at the warehouse. If they didn't find decomp there, then he took her elsewhere to murder her, like where he dumped her, that way he didn't have to lug her into his car.

He obviously premeditated this crime.
Family living in motel means government was paying the bill, b/c they were homeless. How long have they been homeless?
How long have they lived in the area?
If not long, where were they before Lubbock?
He so premeditated this crime, and chose a vulnerable family, a trusting family, and a LE who is also a bit too trusting for their own good, at the very least.

It's not good to cover up the truth to save yourself a lawsuit.
The truth is better known. I wouldn't sue if they didn't cover up their mistakes, but I sure would if they did.
Because, everyone makes mistakes, and everyone should own up to them.
moo

Stevens said it's not their policy to run a criminal history on every person they talk to. It was only when detectives began to think that Salinas had lied to them about what he had seen and heard that night that officers looked into his background.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13912851

Well IMO it should be policy in every missing person case. Crimes might get solved a whole lot sooner if they know who they are dealing with right off the bat.

Yes but it is ours, huh! Someone, anyone, should have simply googled last person to see her as we did and in less than a minute found what a extremely dodgy character she was with

even if it they say it would not have changed anything it does change that for two weeks he was free to go about his life and cover his tracks and for two weeks he left people in anguish

My prayers are for the family of Elizabeths family.
I hurt so much for her mom.

I'm angry this has happened in my town.

"Friends have set up a fund to help the family with burial costs. Residents may donate under Elizabeth’s name at any local American State Bank."

I'm glad a fund has been set up for the family.

even if it they say it would not have changed anything it does change that for two weeks he was free to go about his life and cover his tracks and for two weeks he left people in anguish

And, potentially do what he did to Elizabeth to someone else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back