Found Deceased TX - Erica Hernandez, 40, Houston, 17 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let's Find Erica Hernandez

Posted May 20 (2 hrs ago)
As of today, the investigation is still ongoing. We have not been given any new news. We will let you guys know as soon as we find out. We understand it is frustrating, but investigators are on the case.

thats the one. In the photos section it has video taken driving down Reflection Bay and she zooms in on the curb. Video is taken about a week ago, shows dash board and road.

Thanks y'all for the maps, photos and visuals. I also think it's odd but I'm not sure where it leaves us. To me, the vehicle must have gone over the curb, between the posts and into the water as unlikely as it seems. It wasn't dropped in via helicopter. It was probably going fast since it apparently ended up several feet into the water. To me it means she was either suicidal or hardly conscious (and I'd guess the latter). I don't see how foul play could have been involved, unless someone set her up at the top of the hill and got really really lucky but I'm not buying that. Just to be safe, it would be good to confirm that the car was in Drive, not Neutral.

Thanks y'all for the maps, photos and visuals. I also think it's odd but I'm not sure where it leaves us. To me, the vehicle must have gone over the curb, between the posts and into the water as unlikely as it seems. It wasn't dropped in via helicopter. It was probably going fast since it apparently ended up several feet into the water. To me it means she was either suicidal or hardly conscious (and I'd guess the latter). I don't see how foul play could have been involved, unless someone set her up at the top of the hill and got really really lucky but I'm not buying that. Just to be safe, it would be good to confirm that the car was in Drive, not Neutral.
Your Welcome.
I am at the helicopter thought at this point as well. Keep scratching my head on this too.
My exact question as well - Gearshift in Drive or Neutral?? SUV Interior components intact or not??

thats the one. In the photos section it has video taken driving down Reflection Bay and she zooms in on the curb. Video is taken about a week ago, shows dash board and road.
Here is a picture of the dusk to dawn lighting at night with the view looking toward the pond and houses on the right hand side. It is not pitch dark in that area at all.
Hope this helps for visual of night lighting.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1621568375625.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621568375625.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 79
The curb on the pond side is not bulky nor very excessive in height. It is definitely pedestrian and pet friendly. Perhaps to accommodate any strollers or ADA compliance.
Here is a screenshot of the curb in this case. For Visual References

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210521-090449_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210521-090449_Maps.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 50
I think this woman became disoriented and suffered from massive dehydration. It said in the People's magazine article that EH gave plasma two times a week to make ends meet. Guidelines for giving plasma is every 28 days. If in fact she gave plasma in the days leading up to her death she would have had side effects like light headedness, fainting spells, etc. Couple that with a few alcoholic beverages it was a tragedy waiting to happen.

Plasma collection companies target poorer communities. There is very little oversight with these companies.

Last edited:
I’m sorry if this has been discussed before- I read a story recently that when one is panicking while driving, especially after disorientation/falling asleep, that one can slam on the gas pedal as a knee-jerk reaction. Could this have happened, making it less likely to see ruts or damage going into the water? Jmo.

I live in the neighborhood where she was found. It is easy to get turned around in these neighborhoods, I agree, but Reflection Bay is not a very long road, so going super fast and jumping curb seems not likely. And you can not turn into the Shadow Creek Ranch from Hwy 288, and it is a ways away from the Beltway. Nothing is open on Shadow Creek Parkway late, not even fast food. I hope and pray that her family receives answers soon!

I agree. I have driven it at night. I don't imagine going very fast, or at least not fast enough to jump the curb and then not be able to stop in the grass before entering the water. Nothing about it says accident to me. It's a pretty long stretch from the curb to the lake. If anyone in the neighbor hood has walked it, they can tell you.

I agree. I have driven it at night. I don't imagine going very fast, or at least not fast enough to jump the curb and then not be able to stop in the grass before entering the water. Nothing about it says accident to me. It's a pretty long stretch from the curb to the lake. If anyone in the neighbor hood has walked it, they can tell you.
I thought I read it was about 80 feet from the curb to the water. Assuming 60 miles an hour, it would take 1 second to travel from curb to water. Even at 30 mph, 2 seconds isn't a lot of reaction time for someone who is impaired - for example half asleep or otherwise.

Absolutely agree. It is very pedestrian, bike,pet and ADA friendly.
The dusk to dawn lighting is all around not to mention the homes surrounding the pond have interesting backyard illumination lighting. Iirc seeing the water features in the pond at night in this case also light up.

I thought I read it was about 80 feet from the curb to the water. Assuming 60 miles an hour, it would take 1 second to travel from curb to water. Even at 30 mph, 2 seconds isn't a lot of reaction time for someone who is impaired - for example half asleep or otherwise.
If anytype of impairment the SUV would not have missed the 1 of 3 obstacles directly between Reflection Bay and past the pond side curb of Clear Lake. MOO

Let's Find Erica Hernandez

In case those waiting or wondering about funeral services scheduled for this beautiful loving mom, they have just posted information in the photo section regarding public services on Mon 24th and Family and Close Friends and Burial on the 25th.

I am also attaching a screenshot confirmation of information.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210522-121643_Facebook(1).jpg
    Screenshot_20210522-121643_Facebook(1).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 5
If this wasn’t an accident from jumping the curb and going into the water, how else could it happen? How could someone do this to the vehicle with her in the driver’s seat?
I agree. I think I've seen it done in a fiction book...but that's fiction. Has anyone here seen a murder pulled off where the victim was found in the driver's seat underwater? We had a recent case in Lowell, MA where a woman's car was found in the river and she was found 4 months later downriver and it was deemed to be not foul play.

Erica's car was massive. How could she have gone into that pond without hitting a sign or a pole?! The chances must be a million to one! It seems so unlikely, and I'm not buying it.

Also, if she was so strapped for cash she was giving blood plasma twice a month, then maybe she was selling other things to make ends meet too? Whatever that may be.
I think that's why she was in the neighbourhood there. Or perhaps she was dropping 'something' off for her friend.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210521-090449_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210521-090449_Maps.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 26

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members