GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think the Couch family are billionaires. Their business website is down and it is getting nasty reviews.

That has happened since the accident. The website was probably taken down due to attacks. The nasty reviews are probably due to the accident. I still believe they are probably close to billionaire status. JMO

The family let the boy drive at age 13 and let him go unpunished when, two years later, police found him in a parked pickup truck with a 14-year-old girl who was passed out and unclothed, Miller said.
He described Couch as "emotionally flat," but told the court he could be rescued with at least two years of therapy and no contact with his parents.http://www.syracuse.com/news/index...._driving_claims_affluenza_gets_probation.html

There is a bizarre case out of Texas where Ethan Couch, 16, was facing 20 years for killing four people in a drunk driving incident. [modsnip] reportedly said “I’m Outta here” and walked away. http://jonathanturley.org/2013/12/1...in-dui-case-given-probation-and-no-jail-time/

BBM

I'm not a doctor and know only a little about diagnosing psychopaths. Especially on as little data as possible in this case. If the kid is a psychopath then nothing is going to help him. It's probably too late by now. If he's enormously entitled jail is the exact remedy for that. JMO

"EXCLUSIVE: 'Affluenza teen lived in his OWN mansion': Drunk-driver let off for killing four in crash had 'wild parties at home given to him by millionaire father where he lived unsupervised'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-unsupervised-given-millionaire-father.html

This is from the article;

...His father Frederick Couch is a wealthy businessman, who owns a metal works, Cleburne Sheet Metal, with an estimated yearly turnover of $15 million and around 30 staff....

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-given-millionaire-father.html#ixzz2nckd31h7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I guess it depends on how much he saved in liquid assets and what other properties he may own etc. may be worth. If he's pulling in $15 million a year and has been for awhile. He could be worth enough to cover lawsuits. I hope he spends like wildfire and doesn't have much of anything left.

These people disgust me!

"They have several driving citations on their records and Mr Couch has been arrested for alleged crimes including theft, evading arrest and an alleged assault against Mrs Couch, according to official court documents obtained at the Johnson County Court records office in Cleburne."

"But aside from a number of small fines for their motoring offenses and a six-month community supervision order issued to Mrs Couch, neither of them have been punished further."

"In fact all of the more serious cases against Mr Couch, going back as far as 1989, have been dismissed."

"Charges were dropped in the two theft cases, because Mr Couch paid substantial restitution."

..........much more at link

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-teen-20-arrests-citations.html#ixzz2nh6JKPrh

These people disgust me!

"They have several driving citations on their records and Mr Couch has been arrested for alleged crimes including theft, evading arrest and an alleged assault against Mrs Couch, according to official court documents obtained at the Johnson County Court records office in Cleburne."

"But aside from a number of small fines for their motoring offenses and a six-month community supervision order issued to Mrs Couch, neither of them have been punished further."

"In fact all of the more serious cases against Mr Couch, going back as far as 1989, have been dismissed."

"Charges were dropped in the two theft cases, because Mr Couch paid substantial restitution."

..........much more at link

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-teen-20-arrests-citations.html#ixzz2nh6JKPrh

$500 fine for intentionally running someone off the road? Depending on how fast they were going I'd call that attempted murder.

This judge had NOTHING to lose. She isn't seeking re-election. There needs to be a full investigation into this judge and the possibility that she was bought. Unfortunately, she still has a year left in her term. She should be immediately removed!

So you take a kid, excuse his criminal behavior because he's never had consequences for his actions, and give him yet more of the "no consequences" when he kills 4 people and sets off a series of car crashes? Yeah, that will work. The judge did the exact same thing that the parents have been accused of.

Not only did he kill 4 people he also caused permanent injuries to two of his friends that were in his truck. One is in a vegetative state and can only communicate through blinking his eyes. He might as well have killed 5 people.

I hope these parents truly are very wealthy because they are being sued out the rear in civil court by everyone involved. Not only will this hopefully ruin the parents, but it may very well end the dad's business. The business is being included in the civil suits because the truck the boy was driving was owned by the business.

This boy didn't even have a full driver's license. He had a probationary license that he could only drive with a licensed adult age 21 or older. Nope, no one in that truck 21.

This boy got up and tried to leave the scene. He was found a quarter of a mile from the accident drunk and belligerent. He even bragged, loudly, that his dad would buy him and his friends out of this situation too. Looks like daddy didn't fail him there.

It wasn't his first offense with alcohol or the law. He had previous charges due to being found in a vehicle drunk with a drunk, passed out, naked 14 year old a few months prior as well as possession and consumption of alcohol underage.

Just the smirk on his face after the judge handed down her "sentence" was enough to make any sane person want to strangle the little punk!!!

Not only have the parents of Ethan Couch failed him, so has this judge. All she did was deepen his delusion that there are no consequences for his actions. This $450,000 oceanfront "treatment center" will not help this kid. You can't help someone who won't help themselves. He will continue on this destructive path and probably commit many, many more crimes until someone actually makes him face some consequences.

Hopefully, after all of the victims are through in Civil Court this boy and his family will no longer know what wealth is. Not that that will bring back any of the people he killed, nor will it repair the damage done to other victims injured that night.

The state Attorney General's office is now looking into this case. I certainly hope they can find a way to go after this kid and the judge. Had he been forced to do some actual jail time maybe that could have saved his life and possibly many other innocent people's lives that he will inevitably affect in the future.

http://www.nydailynews.com/...-1.1547671

"I'm Ethan Couch, I'll get you out of this," the inebriated teen told one of his passengers at the scene, according to trial notes belonging to the attorney for Eric Boyles, who lost his wife and daughter in the terrible crash.

Thank you for this post! You pretty much summed up all my thoughts. I actually live minutes from this wreck site and have been following this case since it happened. So very sad. As soon as I heard how wealthy this family was, I assumed he would get off.

Judge Boyd needs to be removed from the bench IMO. I understand she had already stated she wouldn't seek reelection. I think there needs to be a serious investigation.

Thank you for this post! You pretty much summed up all my thoughts. I actually live minutes from this wreck site and have been following this case since it happened. So very sad. As soon as I heard how wealthy this family was, I assumed he would get off.

Judge Boyd needs to be removed from the bench IMO. I understand she had already stated she wouldn't seek reelection. I think there needs to be a serious investigation.

BBM

:sigh: I can't say what I want to due to TOS.

BBM

:sigh: I can't say what I want to due to TOS.

Yes I totally understand!
Everyone around me has been hearing my rants daily about this travesty!
He's been in business here for 20yrs, very well known in ftw area. I think it speaks for itself.

To be honest, this case terrifies me for so many reasons.

Setting a legal precedence like that opens the door for future drunk drivers to basically skate on their charges. :facepalm:

I also truly believe this kid will re-offend. I pray I am wrong; but, he has at least 2 charges relating to underage alcohol before the crash that he suffered no consequences for. Now he's killed 4 people and ruined many lives with this accident also without suffering any consequences. I do not believe he has learned a thing; and, is therefore most likely to re-offend because he has been shown that his daddy's money WILL get him out of anything. Again, I seriously hope and pray I am wrong! :facepalm:

My heart breaks for all of victims and their families.

This may be the future of 16 year old Ethan Couch. Frightening isn't it?

This drunken Texas teen killed a 15 year old girl and got 10 years probation. Later he killed a single mother of 3 and didn't even get a ticket nor a sobriety test. Then went on to later be arrested for possession of heroin and cocaine with a shotgun found in his trunk.

That 10 years of probation certainly helped rehabilitate that young man didn't it. <---- SARCASM :banghead:
http://dallasmorningviewsbl...case.html/

Judge Jean Boyd, who sentenced 16-year-old Ethan Couch to probation after he killed four people while driving drunk might have done us all a favor by researching a similar history that I've written about previously on this blog. It's the case of Chris Clary, another son of a well-to-do, influential North Texas father who got him off with probation after he killed a teenage girl riding in his car. Clary also was a drunk teenage driver.
In December 1998, Clary killed Stefani Robertson, a 15-year-old DeSoto High School student. Clary was drunk at the time, and Robertson was his passenger. As is often the case with rich kids, dad got a good lawyer. Clary, just like Couch, received 10 years of probation.

Amazingly, just like Couch, this wasn't Clary's first offense. About a year earlier, he had been cited for drunk driving but clearly hadn't learned his lesson. Affluenza apparently has been sweeping the area for decades.

Did probation allow Clary to rehabilitate himself in the way that the judge envisions in Couch's case? Hardly.

In 2009, he was ticketed for driving 90 mph in a 50 mph zone.

Zip ahead to 2011. The "rehabilitated" Clary, driving a Porsche, was driving down the on-ramp of Central Expressway at Yale. I don't know where he was looking at the time, but it wasn't at the road ahead. I don't know the state of his sobriety, nor did police. But he clearly hadn't been paying attention. Had he been, he might have noticed Latonya Lyons, a single mother of three, whose car had broken down beside the on-ramp. She was in her Ford Taurus, emergency lights flashing. Clary's Porsche plowed into her car, hitting it so much force, the Taurus flipped on its top and landed 60 feet away. Lyons was killed.
I don't know if Dad intervened again, but amazingly, police let Clary leave without even writing him a ticket. Perhaps they were feeling the fever and chills and achiness of affluenza. They did not conduct a sobriety test on a two-time killer with an established history of drunk driving.

Zip ahead to 2013. August 10, to be exact. That's the day Chris Clary was arrested for possession of heroin and cocaine. Police found a shotgun in the trunk. Stories have circulated for years about Clary and drugs. They continue to circulate.

Wow, that 10 years of probation certainly turned Clary's life around. I don't doubt Ethan Couch will grow up with an equal level of utter disregard for the sanctity of human life.

Judge isn't running for re-election, but MR Abbott (TX Attorney General) sure is. SO AG office is looking into the case. However is seems not likely anything can be done in this case, but maybe something can be done in future cases.

"Roper said, now that the judge has ruled, the state of Texas will likely have to live with her ruling. The widespread outrage, though, could change the outcome of future cases. McDonald said the DA’s office could be interested in talking to lawmakers."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/12/13/attorney-generals-office-looking-into-ethan-couch-case/

I read an apologist for this judge who stated, essentially, that it's not her fault - the focus of the juvenile criminal system in Texas is rehabilitation, not punishment.

Well, we've seen that other cases in Texas, juveniles do indeed face punishment, so I don't believe that b.s..

But the glaring elephant in the room here that this judge managed to ignore is that PUNISHMENT would have been rehabilitation in this case. Therapy will do nothing. Consequence would have been the best medicine for this kid. It's what he's been screaming for his entire life and now he has been sent the message that not even a judge is willing to do what's right for him.

Spoiled rotten. We use that phrase a lot. But it's literal. His soul has been spoiled. A total lack of consequences has destroyed him and this "unusual" judge just wasted probably the very last opportunity to actually rehab this kid.

Good! I hope all of them win! :)

Ethan Couch, the rich kid whose &#8216;affluenza&#8217; defense helped him avoid jail time, is being sued

Five families impacted by Couch&#8217;s drunken driving, which killed four and injured two, filed civil suits against the boy, his family and the family business. The parents of Sergio Molina, who was paralyzed by the horrific wreck, is seeking $20 million.

He&#8217;s got a mean case of &#8220;affluenza&#8221; and now five people are hoping to dole out a bit of legal medicine.

Ethan Couch &#8212; the Texas brat who dodged jail time after killing four people while driving drunk using the defense that his spoiled upbringing made it impossible for him to exercise normal judgment &#8212; is now the subject of a slew of civil suits related to the fatal crash, according to reports.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woes-texas-affluenza-boy-article-1.1550043#ixzz2njwM6RQn

Ethan Couch sentence becomes issue in governor's race

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/E...ecomes-issue-in-governors-race-235945331.html

Just posting this to show that it has gotten the right attention. It seems that his parents have gotten away with too much for too long as well. Something is broke in the court system there for these three to get away with so much for so long. I hope with national attention and now with people running for office that changes are made to fix this.

This is not right, it needs fixing.

Good! I hope all of them win! :)

Ethan Couch, the rich kid whose &#8216;affluenza&#8217; defense helped him avoid jail time, is being sued

Five families impacted by Couch&#8217;s drunken driving, which killed four and injured two, filed civil suits against the boy, his family and the family business. The parents of Sergio Molina, who was paralyzed by the horrific wreck, is seeking $20 million.

He&#8217;s got a mean case of &#8220;affluenza&#8221; and now five people are hoping to dole out a bit of legal medicine.

Ethan Couch &#8212; the Texas brat who dodged jail time after killing four people while driving drunk using the defense that his spoiled upbringing made it impossible for him to exercise normal judgment &#8212; is now the subject of a slew of civil suits related to the fatal crash, according to reports.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woes-texas-affluenza-boy-article-1.1550043#ixzz2njwM6RQn

I hope the civil court cases waste Ethan Couch's parents time and resources for years and they end up penniless. The best thing that could happen to them is to learn to leave without affluence, to become decent citizens again.
It would be the best thing that ever happened to the obviously their wealth has not brought them any peace or happiness.

You know, would have been nice if they threw some money to Sergio and the other injured victim's way for help with medical. I wonder if they ever thought to do that. This kid has no soul, you can tell. Mommy has been there fielding the way. He was given a house??? Criminy - my kid would love to have his own room!!

Sickening. I know people need jobs but would have been nice if some of his employees would have quit - saying conflict of moral interest, as in they have morals and the Couch's obviously do not.

I have a feeling that their lawyers told them if they offered to help with medical bills, it would equate to admitting liability.

Can't have that.

I have a feeling that their lawyers told them if they offered to help with medical bills, it would equate to admitting liability.

Can't have that.

Good lord, they are liable. There is nooooooo wiggle room here. jmo

You know, would have been nice if they threw some money to Sergio and the other injured victim's way for help with medical. I wonder if they ever thought to do that. This kid has no soul, you can tell. Mommy has been there fielding the way. He was given a house??? Criminy - my kid would love to have his own room!!

Sickening. I know people need jobs but would have been nice if some of his employees would have quit - saying conflict of moral interest, as in they have morals and the Couch's obviously do not.

Maybe they are waiting for the new owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly