GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to wonder.....do these parents feel any guilt for turning Ethan into the most reviled teen in the country? I can't imagine how I would feel if my son was so publicly scorned. I keep going back to when I watched the video depositions - absolutely turned my stomach. So detached and uncaring.

I just have to wonder.....do these parents feel any guilt for turning Ethan into the most reviled teen in the country? I can't imagine how I would feel if my son was so publicly scorned. I keep going back to when I watched the video depositions - absolutely turned my stomach. So detached and uncaring.

I would highly doubt it. Their only interest seems to be protecting the kid from having to pay for what he did.

I find myself wondering, have they found him yet, kind of like a kid who keeps asking, are we there ?

I hooe the next time I check the thread they've been found.

I find myself wondering, have they found him yet, kind of like a kid who keeps asking, are we there ?

I hooe the next time I check the thread they've been found.

Well, he's making the news on the local nbcdfw.com tv, even on Christmas day. The Tarrant County Sheriff's Office has a page on a popular social media website. You might check there as I'm sure they will post something immediately when/if they catch him.

He and his mother will eventually be caught and I hope they charge him with whatever they can.

jmo

I just have to wonder.....do these parents feel any guilt for turning Ethan into the most reviled teen in the country?

My gut feeling, I doubt they care what anybody thinks of them. People like them don’t care. If anything they probably feel persecuted for being rich. :rolleyes: Never underestimate the sense of entitlement of the upper-class. They believe their money and power makes them above the law, and above public opinion, and many judges agree with them. Thats how this kid got off in the first place.

Regardless of what they think, one thing that's certain, money does not buy happiness. People might deny it, but people who are genuinely happy do not have to stay effed up on drugs or alcohol all the time. It's pretty apparent Ethan's a miserable person regardless of his material posessions.

My gut feeling, I doubt they care what anybody thinks of them. People like them don’t care. If anything they probably feel persecuted for being rich. :rolleyes: Never underestimate the sense of entitlement of the upper-class. They believe their money and power makes them above the law, and above public opinion, and many judges agree with them. Thats how this kid got off in the first place.

I wouldn't really consider them "upper class." In spite of their money, both parents have also had trouble with the law. None of them appears to have any "class" whatsoever.

I hope they throw the book at both kid and Mom, and Dad also if it turns out he helped them in any way.

Did I hear right in that the father told the cops that he hadn't seen them in a while? What kind of father would not want to know where his child is at all times? Especially a child who had been in major trouble with the law?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by EllieBee

This is the only thread I am sneaking and checking during holiday time........bummed those two lovely persons have not yet been apprehended. :(

You got it bad too. :floorlaugh:

I think we are all insulted by the sentence that this pampered, over-indulged, and disrespectful boy/young man received -- will he ever learn/know the value of human life, the sorrow and emptiness of the loss of a loved one, reasons to obey the law, simple respect for others, etc., etc.?

I think those of us who are parents know what it is like to do our best to make sure our children are honest, respectful of people, values, other opinions, and the pain or loss of privileges for disobedience (as long as it was reasonable). Certainly those of us who had caring parent/s (those who raised us) also know the other side of it -- and we know and are thankful that we were loved enuff by our parents, g-parents, etc., to take the time, love, and respect for us to teach us those things.

SMH -- what will this Ethan Couch be like when he is 35 years old? Scary to contemplate, IMO.
icon8.png

mini-rant ends

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane

I would highly doubt it. Their only interest seems to be protecting the kid from having to pay for what he did.

Is this the way the parent Couch's were raised? Just wonderin' ...

Left as is, this kid is on his way to his grave. He's been allowed to be far too reckless for to long for much possibility of any other outcome. If he isn't behind bars. Even then, who knows if this kid will ever get it considering his upbringing. Sad he's basically been allowed to self destruct.

He and his mother will eventually be caught and I hope they charge him with whatever they can.

jmo

Or just slam his pampered azz in the slammer for parole violation -- I realize that would entail some legal doings, but how else will they keep it from happening again? Next time a private plane to some non-extraditing country -- if they haven't done that already? Does/did he even have ankle restraints?

Left as is, this kid is on his way to his grave. He's been allowed to be far too reckless for to long for much possibility of any other outcome. If he isn't behind bars. Even then, who knows if this kid will ever get it considering his upbringing. Sad he's basically been allowed to self destruct.

I've seen a couple of mentions here about possible murder/suicide. Apparently, the only thing this crazy family lives for is staying out of jail. If they're ever cornered by LE, I wonder what their reaction might be? Of course, with their fondness for drugs & booze, there's always the possibility they will have one party too many. This is a couple of things that are rumbling around in my brain.

This boy is a perfect example of the current "me" generation raising children! Be their friend, not parent, give them whatever is wanted, give them choices, never say no, punishment or discipline is unheard of because we are raising our child in the "new" way. Mistakes or errors have no consequences, speak your mind, you are free to do what you want, oh, and by the way, with our last name the law will go easy on us. How many times do you bet this boy heard a similar conversation?!

Yikes, no wonder this child is out of control! Someone in his family has seen it coming for years. Two hard headed parents raising their son in the way they chose. My guess is one if not both parents were raised with structure and rules but chose to not impose such strict parenting on this "golden boy". Poor boy!

Aren't other 16 year olds tried as adults for murdering a person? Let alone 4 people while under the influence! The worst thing that happened to this kid was to be given the sentence he was given! Same as his life, no consequences for murdering 4 people! Having money helped him going into this sentencing, as a jury would never have let him walk free!

Money is buying his freedom! I hope no one else is injured or killed!

My opinions only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member