GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBSDFW ‏@CBSDFW 24s24 seconds ago
BREAKING: CNN says "Affluenza" teen detained in Mexico.

They got him! Mexican authorities have detained so-called "affluenza" teen Ethan Couch and his mother near the popular Mexican Pacific beach resort town of Puerto Vallarta, officials briefed on the matter told CNN.

Couch went missing earlier this month, two years after he made national news when he was sentenced to probation for a drunken driving crash that killed four people.

'Affluenza' teen Ethan Couch detained in Mexico

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/28/us/mexico-affluenza-teen-ethan-couch-detained/index.html[/video]

Doug DunbarVerified account ‏@cbs11doug 2m2 minutes ago
1/2 Mexico authorities will detain Ethan Couch and his mother, until U.S. Marshall's take custody. @tarrantcountyso believes mother assisted

Doug Dunbar ‏@cbs11doug 2m2 minutes ago
2/2 in Couch's disappearance. She's listed as "missing", but @tarrantcountyso made clear, he'd pursue charges if she helped him disappear

https://twitter.com/cbs11doug/with_replies

I do wonder about his friends. Are they themselves in recovery now? Are they still partying like idiots? Are they in contact with EC?

I saw this paragraph in an article entitled, "The Worst Parents Ever," in D Magazine which, I hope is okay for WS readers.

A few of the kids who were in Ethan’s truck that night didn’t return voice mails and Facebook messages. Some said they still couldn’t talk about it. One hung up as soon as he was told what the call was about. The father of Garrett, Ethan’s best friend, would say only, “We wish it would go away.” Another father gave his son permission to talk but said he didn’t think it was likely. “He doesn’t even talk to us about it,” the father said. “He’s still got a lot of problems.”
http://www.dmagazine.com/publicatio...a-the-worst-parents-ever-ethan-couch?single=1

I am going to continue to look for more of this type info...:lookingitup:

Good job Mexican authorities. Criminals are so dumb - this is a predictable place for them to go. LOL

A late Christmas present! Now, let's get this right Texas, and put this brat and his enabling mother in jail for a loooooong time.

I want to see the perp walk........

Glad he and his momma have been apprehended.

I was totally wrong on what I thought they'd do. They were far dumber than I thought they were.

They will probably say something along the lines of "We weren't running, we went on vacation. Our bad!"

And yes, really predictable. They weren't going to go to somewhere that didn't have nice accommodations and amenities.

Yeah!! Hope EC gets a different judge who can't be bought, and imposes the maximum sentence allowable for both EC and Momma. IMO.

Momma had to be in on the game plan of EC's disappearance!

Hotels/motels/resorts will not rent to teenagers! Even with a false ID, he does not look old enough to pass for age limits of 21 to 25, the age required to rent rooms. IMO.

I'd bet the farm that the duo tried to contact daddy, who was being monitored like a hawk. I sure hope the prosecutor gets creative in finding new charges. This has to be more than simply breaking probation? If not, I'd guess he will get a couple of years credit and never see a decade in jail without tacking on some up charges.

I'm with you. I did not go to treatment and am not particularly fond of the model, but I think lengthy therapy after one sobers up is a must. Not 28 days of wam bam thank you ma'am. After 11 years (praying until January 5!) of being an active AA member and going to therapy I know much better why I drank, and I know how not to do it again.

Ethan KNOWS by now he has a problem with drinking. There is no way in heck he is unaware. He, just like me a long time ago, does not give a hoot. He doesn't have to. When nothing changes, nothing changes.

xoxoxo to you.

bbm

January 5th is my birthday -- and a sort of birthday for you, too, isn't it? I will never forget your stop date and I will certainly help with my prayers, too. :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Ahh, Mexico!!! Can't wait for even more details!

I'm with you. I did not go to treatment and am not particularly fond of the model, but I think lengthy therapy after one sobers up is a must. Not 28 days of wam bam thank you ma'am. After 11 years (praying until January 5!) of being an active AA member and going to therapy I know much better why I drank, and I know how not to do it again.

Ethan KNOWS by now he has a problem with drinking. There is no way in heck he is unaware. He, just like me a long time ago, does not give a hoot. He doesn't have to. When nothing changes, nothing changes.

xoxoxo to you.

Congrats on 11 years!!

Do you think they pulled him over driving drunk again?

I don't know, but if no one got hurt or killed this time, then maybe true justice will finally prevail.

Geez how hard is it to just not drink when you're not an alcoholic? It's not that hard. OMG so freaking spoiled rotten, this kid, he can't even obey one of the easiest 'punishments' I've ever seen in my life. What a punk. He deserves to get the book thrown at him this time around.

welcome to mexican jail...

is there some way the US can fight extradition? just for 6-9 months or so?

Awesome, hope they enjoyed themselves!

They prolly were mostly having fun, but surely neither of them is foolish (it took me a while to find a word I could say instead of so many others) enuff to think they were scot-free. I do think the Tarrant County Sheriff was right when the said they would be constantly looking over their shoulders. Puerto Vallarta -- they found a nice low-profile spot, huh?! Dayam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota