GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee Anderson ' we haven't uncovered any info that the father was involved to this point. We've not ruled it out but we've seen no indication he is involved. '

You can be charged with hindering apprehension or prosecution, if it's alleged you've intentionally engaged in conduct which hinders the arrest, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of someone else. More specifically, you can be arrested for hindering apprehension or prosecution if you harbor or conceal someone else, provide aid to someone so they can avoid arrest or effect escape, or warn someone else of impending arrest. Hindering apprehension or prosecution is a class A misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in the county jail, and up to a $4000 fine, unless the person whose apprehension or prosecution is alleged to have been hindered is charged with a felony, in which case hindering apprehension or prosecution is is third degre felony, with a penalty range of 2 to 10 years and fine of up to $10,000.

http://dallasattorney.com/blog/171-dallas-hindering-apprehension-or-prosecution-attorney.html

The law.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/8/38/38.05

Have they said if they drove or flew to Mexico?ETA. Just heard they drove a pickup.

Sec. 38.05. HINDERING APPREHENSION OR PROSECUTION. (a) A person commits an offense if, with intent to hinder the arrest, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of another for an offense or, with intent to hinder the arrest, detention, adjudication, or disposition of a child for engaging in delinquent conduct that violates a penal law of the state, or with intent to hinder the arrest of another under the authority of a warrant or capias, he:
(1) harbors or conceals the other;
(2) provides or aids in providing the other with any means of avoiding arrest or effecting escape; or
(3) warns the other of impending discovery or apprehension.
(b) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(3) that the warning was given in connection with an effort to bring another into compliance with the law.
(c) Except as provided by Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
(d) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the person who is harbored, concealed, provided with a means of avoiding arrest or effecting escape, or warned of discovery or apprehension is under arrest for, charged with, or convicted of a felony, including an offense under Section 62.102, Code of Criminal Procedure, or is in custody or detention for, is alleged in a petition to have engaged in, or has been adjudicated as having engaged in delinquent conduct that violates a penal law of the grade of felony, including an offense under Section 62.102, Code of Criminal Procedure, and the person charged under this section knew that the person they harbored, concealed, provided with a means of avoiding arrest or effecting escape, or warned of discovery or apprehension is under arrest for, charged with, or convicted of a felony, or is in custody or detention for, is alleged in a petition to have engaged in, or has been adjudicated as having engaged in delinquent conduct that violates a penal law of the grade of felony.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.38.htm

Third degree felony for Mamacita Clairol -- paragraph d.

Penalty range for a third degree felony is 2-10 years TDCJ-ID.

Does anyone know why his mom Tanya had the luxury of not having her picture released?
How did she manage that? Just because she didn't want her picture shown she got what she wanted???

"A picture of his mother, Tanya, was also released, showing her hair cut shorter than usual. The photo is blurry because she didn't want her picture taken."
- http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...-fugitive-ethan-couch-nabbed-mexico/78000860/

View attachment 86272

Like to see her try that in Tarrant County :)

Have they said if they drove or flew to Mexico?ETA. Just heard they drove a pickup.

I heard on PC they drove. He can't drive legally ( whether he did or didn't on the trip), so she should be charged with more since he got to Mexico by her.:moo:

If I understood correctly, the sheriff says they are still in Mexican custody until all paperwork is completed. That makes me wonder if Mexico recognizes the civil rights of prisoners? Something tells me they do not. The pair may actually be glad to come to an American jail.

[QUOTE=LillyP;12262383

RSBM:

"The photo is blurry because she didn't want her picture taken."

OFGS! Seriously????

They gave themselves a going away party. Do you suppose we can arrange a welcome home party for them? That would be fun!!

OK I I understand from presser...EC will be held in TX until the hearing to move his case from juvi to adult court. If moved to adult court he will serve 160 days in jail and then continue his probation as sentenced in juvi but with adult probation monitoring and greater consequences if he breaks probation than juvi. Did I hear this correctly? Help! LOL!

If I understood correctly, the sheriff says they are still in Mexican custody until all paperwork is completed. That makes me wonder if Mexico recognizes the civil rights of prisoners? Something tells me they do not. The pair may actually be glad to come to an American jail.

My understanding from information told to me by someone who has worked in the not-resort parts of Mexico says no, Mexican jail is super not fun.

Like to see her try that in Tarrant County :)

She didn't get her picture taken because her warrant has to be "enforced" in Tarrant County maybe? The sheriff did say they had a warrant waiting for her. That's the only reason I can think of.

Mexico recognizes civil rights of prisoners, under Mexican law. But they are not Mexican citizens. So they have about the same rights as a Mexican would have, who is illegally in the US. I’m sure they can appeal their deportation. But all that will do is buy them an extra few months in a Mexican jail.

From what I have read, the process for deporting people who stay illegally in Mexico is pretty straight forward. It doesn’t take a long time.

Mexico recognizes civil rights of prisoners, under Mexican law. But they are not Mexican citizens. So they have about the same rights as a Mexican would have, who is illegally in the US. I’m sure they can appeal their deportation. But all that will do is buy them an extra few months in a Mexican jail.

From what I have read, the process for deporting people who stay illegally in Mexico is pretty straight forward. It doesn’t take a long time.

They were not in Mexico illegally. They would have the rights any visitor would have. The only time Mexican authorities get uneasy about extradition is when the defendants will face the death penalty if extradited.

Enabling his already "I can get by with anything" attitude is sure going to help him in the long run. NOT. What will he do next?

Well here is your answer. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member