GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why his mom Tanya had the luxury of not having her picture released?
How did she manage that? Just because she didn't want her picture shown she got what she wanted???

"A picture of his mother, Tanya, was also released, showing her hair cut shorter than usual. The photo is blurry because she didn't want her picture taken."
- http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...-fugitive-ethan-couch-nabbed-mexico/78000860/

View attachment 86272

I'm sure we'll have a no-holds-barred-Texas-style mug shot by evening.... Hard to explain to a ranger that you're worried about how your hair-do looks and don't want pictures taken.....

Heck, on twerp's camera, there are probably photos of mom (along with thousands of selfies of twerp) vacationing in PV. Maybe even some of their visits to the "spa" to get "color treatments, fashion styles, and mani/pedi"?

Ita!!
i don't believe this kid is guilty of mere bad behavior or that he's merely a spoiled brat or that he's simply suffered from bad parenting: I think he (and his parents?) have criminal ways of engaging with the world, a personality disorder....not just substance abuse, either.

seattlechiquita originally asked:
I do wonder about his friends. Are they themselves in recovery now? Are they still partying like idiots? Are they in contact with EC?

borndem replied:
I saw this paragraph in an article entitled, "The Worst Parents Ever," in D Magazine which, I hope is okay for WS readers.

"A few of the kids who were in Ethan’s truck that night didn’t return voice mails and Facebook messages. Some said they still couldn’t talk about it. One hung up as soon as he was told what the call was about. The father of Garrett, Ethan’s best friend, would say only, “We wish it would go away.” Another father gave his son permission to talk but said he didn’t think it was likely. “He doesn’t even talk to us about it,” the father said. “He’s still got a lot of problems.”"

http://www.dmagazine.com/publicatio...a-the-worst-parents-ever-ethan-couch?single=1

I am going to continue to look for more of this type info...:lookingitup:

Also from the D Magazine article:
As for Ethan’s friends, G. left school and, as of last year, was working as a cook at Sonic. A. left the Army and moved out of state. S. is now a mother.

G. was (is?) Ethan's BFF, A. was the friend they were throwing the party for that night, and S. was the only girl (and apparently the only sober one?) in the truck that night.

I haven't been able to find out if any of them are still in contact with Ethan, but I'm curious about that.

I just am thinking more and more on this today as I'm having a lazy sick day as me an my baby are both sick and watching Beverly Hills chihuahua for the 3rd time today(so WS is a welcome distraction) and I just do not understand as a parent how you can condone and help support this behavior. One of the most important things that I want to teach my child is that there are consequences to behaviors and you must face them, be them good or bad. I wouldn't want my child to get away with a crime. I would want them to be a good enough person to understand that paying for an action, especially one as extreme as this, is the only way to start stepping on a path towards what is right.
[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

seattlechiquita originally asked:

borndem replied:

Also from the D Magazine article:

G. was (is?) Ethan's BFF, A. was the friend they were throwing the party for that night, and S. was the only girl (and apparently the only sober one?) in the truck that night.

I haven't been able to find out if any of them are still in contact with Ethan, but I'm curious about that.

If there was a sober one why weren't they driving?!

SO GLAD these two were found. I watched the 20/20 episode on Ethan recently, and was horrified because I hadn't known all the details of the crash, how bad it was. My goodness. One stranded driver and three good samaritans, killed in the blink of an eye. One passenger in Ethan's truck completely, permanently paralyzed -- can only communicate through blinking. Many others traumatized and changed for life. And he's never apologized. Nor have his parents. They've settled every suit with cold hard cash, and NO ADMITTANCE OF GUILT. Appalling.

It's worth a watch if you haven't seen it. But it may upset/enrage you.
https://youtu.be/Lx6q1F3bhYo

The D Magazine article is chock full of examples of the Couches' horrible parenting. Wow.

Let's see:
  • Dad was pulled over for DUI in 1992 and told the officer “I make more in a day than you make in a year.” (this part of the deposition is shown on 20/20)
  • Mom was charged with reckless driving for running a car off the road at some point (no year noted)
  • Mom allegedly had/has a pill addiction and had given Vicodin to 9 yo Ethan
  • Mom referred to 9 yo Ethan as her protector and shared a bedroom with him
  • Dad has a short fuse and was allegedly verbally and physically abusive to Mom, often in front of Ethan
  • LE called to house frequently for domestic disturbance
  • Dad punched someone at a construction site once (curious about the details)
  • After the divorce, neither parent followed court-mandated visitation schedules
  • Mom and Dad had a highly contentious relationship, and young Ethan felt caught in the middle
  • Dad let 13 yo Ethan drive himself to private school, then removed Ethan from said school when the founder expressed concern about it. Said "Ethan doesn't need college anyway" (because the school's focus is on early college enrollment)
  • When Dad (supposedly) tried to punish Ethan by taking away possessions (including his truck) or privileges, Mom would give them back and/or let Ethan borrow her truck
  • Dad found 14 yo Ethan passed out drunk one 4th of July, his main reaction was annoyance that Ethan wouldn't be able to shoot off fireworks with him
  • Mom and Dad allowed 16 yo Ethan to stay/live alone and unsupervised at the Burleson house
  • Mom covered for Ethan after his Feb 2013 run-in with LE in multiple ways: lied to Dad, paid Ethan’s fines and court fees, and when he didn’t complete the required alcohol awareness class and community service hours, she said it was her fault, that she’d “misread the online thing.”
  • Mom and Dad sent Ethan to a posh, luxurious rehab program in California after the crash, then pulled him out early against doctor's advice

Aye yi yi. Both Ethan and Mom need to do jail time, IMO. Please, please don't let them buy their way out this time... :please:

It might be positive for Ethan to do 120 days jail time, be away from the parent situation, and become a man instead of a dependent 18 year old. Daddy will probably provide an attorney for E, but I don't think the courts are going to go lightly on him.

It would have been interesting to have been there for the arrest to see the expressions on the faces of two individuals who thought the law would never catch up to them. Jesse James they were not.

I would have loved to have been there when those two were arrested. I'll bet psycho mom went ballistic!

If there was a sober one why weren't they driving?!

I would like to know that as well! She has stated that she didn't drink at all that night because she had gotten black-out drunk the previous weekend, to the point that she had to be told what had happened when she woke up the next day. If she's telling the truth about the night of the crash, I don't know why she didn't ask/insist on driving. If I had to guess, Ethan seems like the kind of person who would never allow anyone to drive his truck. Maybe she said "let me drive" and he said "I'm fine"? She did say that she told Ethan he shouldn't drive, and that his BFF tried to reassure her by saying that he'd seen Ethan drive drunk many times, and it had always been fine. :facepalm:

It might be positive for Ethan to do 120 days jail time, be away from the parent situation, and become a man instead of a dependent 18 year old.

Daddy will probably provide an attorney for E, but I don't think the courts are going to go lightly on him.

Can they only sentence him to 120 days............no additional time for running away?

On the bright side, if he only goes to big boy jail for 120 days, he's going to be surrounded by criminals who did not previously live an affluenza lifestyle. I suspect those people will not make it easy for him to live among them. He'll probably get beat up every day & have even worse things happen to him.

With no previous criminal record, I wonder what Tonya's sentence will be. You can bet her attorney won't be court-appointed, as she and Hubby continue to fill the pockets of attorneys. On another note, Tonya seems to have devoted herself to Ethan and also isolated herself. Is there anyone who would visit her in the slammer?

The best thing Daddy could do would be to completely walk away.

Can they only sentence him to 120 days............no additional time for running away?

On the bright side, if he only goes to big boy jail for 120 days, he's going to be surrounded by criminals who did not previously live an influenza lifestyle. I suspect those people will not make it easy for him to live among them. He'll probably get beat up every day & have even worse things happen to him.

He'll most likely get a harsher probation in adult court,( I believe it will be moved there) if they can't get him 8 yrs. prison time. Unless he has a bodyguard and handcuffed inside a house, he'll blow it again. And I doubt he can visit the enabler in prison.:moo:

Don't forget how Ethan (when he was 15) was caught drinking with a naked, passed out 14 year old girl.

http://fox4kc.com/2015/12/21/profil...ys-argued-spoiled-him-made-him-irresponsible/

Yes! That was the incident that Mom lied to Dad about, and paid the fines for. Something else I found shocking is that when Mom was asked what happened to the 14 yo girl (during her deposition), she said, “Her mom picked her up, I assume. I guess. I don’t know.” So basically, she picked up Ethan and left. Left his truck there, didn't stick around to make sure the girl was picked up or taken home, and apparently never even asked about her after that. Wow. I'm assuming that LE stayed with the girl and made sure she made it home, but the lack of concern shown by Mom was appalling to me.

On the bright side, if he only goes to big boy jail for 120 days, he's going to be surrounded by criminals who did not previously live an influenza lifestyle. I suspect those people will not make it easy for him to live among them. He'll probably get beat up every day & have even worse things happen to him.

Unfortunately I'm sure he'll be in protective custody as a high profile inmate.

Unfortunately I'm sure he'll be in protective custody as a high profile inmate.

Maybe, but maybe not. I think LE is pretty well fed up with him & his antics. They can just kinda 'let things happen' & none of us will ever be the wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina