GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My reply is kind of redundant after the reports of Tonya being deported and on her way back to the US - but I read that they would not be in a Mexican jail, instead they'd be at immigrations? I seem to remember reading that in this thread. If that was correct, then I'd say they were accomplishing staying together. That seemed to be a biggy in this strange-o relationship.

I'm tickled pink for various reasons that Tonya is on her way back to the US. (Please let it be true).

You realize that she is going to bond out of jail, as soon as she gets back, right?

This appears to be what she wanted. She chose to return and leave him in Mexican custody. Thats says to me that her best bet was to return to the US and get out of jail. His best bet was to stay in Mexico, to avoid legal proceedings in Texas. I think they are getting everything they wanted.

Wild stuff.

I'm wondering if they withdrew the Writ on the man-child since mama had to leave.

"You can't always get what you want..."

Wonder why both weren't deported at the same time?

Well , if anyone wants to see Mama's new hairdo stay tuned. I'm sure every Texas channel plus a few more will be all over that airport when she lands.
It 's weird she would come back and not him ? Deal ? Surely not .

She will bond out of jail. He probably couldn’t. So he had nothing to lose by staying in Mexico. She had everything to gain, by returning.

I've been thinking about Dad's income. I wonder if it's taken a hit the last few years and may take even more of a hit right now.

Why would he be taking a hit?

You realize that she is going to bond out of jail, as soon as she gets back, right?

This appears to be what she wanted. She chose to return and leave him in Mexican custody. Thats says to me that her best bet was to return to the US and get out of jail. His best bet was to stay in Mexico, to avoid legal proceedings in Texas. I think they are getting everything they wanted.

Oh yeah, I'm sure she will. I don't know if this is necessarily what she wanted, though. In this whole thing, the enmeshment of Tonya and Ethan has stood out. Of course I'm not a mind reader nor do I otherwise have inside information, but I'm not so sure that she/they is/are entirely happy to not be together. Just MOO.

Oh yeah, I'm sure she will. I don't know if this is necessarily what she wanted, though. In this whole thing, the enmeshment of Tonya and Ethan has stood out. Of course I'm not a mind reader nor do I otherwise have inside information, but I'm not so sure that she/they is/are entirely happy to not be together. Just MOO.

I am not too sure she will bail out. She is charged with hindering apprehension/prosecution and aiding and abetting a fugitive, right? Doesn't that mean implicitly she is a flight risk? Perhaps they decide tohold her until BratTwerp comes back to the US?

@CBS11KEN reporting that Ethan Couch headed for Mexico City.

Bud Kennedy at the Star-Telegram is following a reporter from Guadalajara and from that reporting it is not clear if mama even requested a writ for herself.

I am not too sure she will bail out. She is charged with hindering apprehension/prosecution and aiding and abetting a fugitive, right? Doesn't that mean implicitly she is a flight risk? Perhaps they decide tohold her until BratTwerp comes back to the US?

We can hope!

According to this article, Wilson says she is getting bail. It will just be pushed up to 10 times the normal amount.
It's at the very bottom of the article.

In this bizarre case though...I guess anything can happen! Hopefully she doesn't. :please:

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crim...-more-time-locked-up-than-son-ethan/78049928/

As for Tonya Couch, Wilson said she deserves to be incarcerated, and she will push for 10 times the normal bail amount of $15,000. They would be the consequences for a mother who admitted to giving her son very few.

I believe they will ask for the maximum bail. She will have no problem paying that.

It does appear it was all planned out. US lawyers saying they aren't representing them in Mexico. Writ, rumor mom was leaving, mom deported, Ethan being moved, for a second time in an hour or so...

[video=twitter;682360417788780544]https://twitter.com/wfaachannel8/status/682360417788780544[/video]

https://twitter.com/wfaachannel8

@CBS11KEN reporting that Ethan Couch headed for Mexico City.

Bud Kennedy at the Star-Telegram is following a reporter from Guadalajara and from that reporting it is not clear if mama even requested a writ for herself.

Why Mexico City???????????????

Why would he be taking a hit?

Oh I just wonder if his customers may want to go elsewhere and not spend their money on a company that uses the income for the kinds of things the Couch family uses it for. Pure ** speculation**

I think it is exactly what she wanted. They are not stupid. I think this whole thing was planned out, with the help of lawyers in the US and Mexico. She went to Mexico with him, and stayed until Christmas. Then when their vacation was done and she was ready to come back, they used their cell phone to tip off authorities. They get arrested, she comes back, and bails out. He stays in Mexican custody, to avoid legal proceedings in the US. These people know how to play the system.

Why Mexico City???????????????

Per @CBSDFW

He is going to an immigration station there.

Probably where the hearing on his writ will be held.

I'm thinking rapido. I think the Mexican authorities wish to be shed of these folks.

The Mexican government has to respond to the writ within 72 hours. There is nothing to say that they couldn't be ready to respond tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper