GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, she cares about the passport for now unless she can get a fake one. The 'car' she does not care about because it is not hers. She lost nothing of cash value on it, just the use of it. In the first court appearance she was interested in her belongings and passport, sure would like to see a list of them!

I hope her lawyers do not make the same mistake of letting her 'visit' them every day, all day, just so she can get out of the house, like Baez did with felon Anthony. However within a week, she probably will be driving everyone nuts in the house because she cannot go out freely. Her lawyers will be back in court soon to get that changed.

Since EC was a minor at the time his probation started is it possible that he was released into Tonya's care? I realize that he is now over eighteen, but his case is still in juvenile court. If he was released by the court into her care then I think she will be held accountable for going out of the country with him.

This is something that I'm also extremely curious about. Was he considered to be a juvenile with a guardian who was supposed to be caring for him in accordance to his probation rules?
That would have to be something that played to the prosecutor's case, wouldn't it?

This is something that I'm also extremely curious about. Was he considered to be a juvenile with a guardian who was supposed to be caring for him in accordance to his probation rules?
That would have to be something that played to the prosecutor's case, wouldn't it?

I don't know how this will play out. In Texas, 17 year olds are considered adults under the law. So you are not in juvenile court any longer if you commit a crime after 17 years old. I don't know that any adult would be responsible for seeing to it that he obeyed the requirements of his probation after his 17th birthday.

I don't know how this will play out. In Texas, 17 year olds are considered adults under the law. So you are not in juvenile court any longer if you commit a crime after 17 years old. I don't know that any adult would be responsible for seeing to it that he obeyed the requirements of his probation after his 17th birthday.

But he is legally under the authority of the juvenile court, right?

Yes, he is. There's some thought to move his case to adult court, which might happen.

Yeap. Which is where we get the question from - was this 2 adults travelling together or was it an adult travelling as a guardian of a juvenile who was on probation? What is his actual status?

Not sure if it actually impacts on her case, but it still intrigues me.

Hope this hasn't been posted yet......

Mother of one of 'affluenza' teen's victims speaks for the first time about finding her daughter's body and how the boy's wealthy father tried to stage a photo op with her during the trial

Breanna Mitchell, 24, was one of the four people killed on June 15, 2013 when she was hit by 'affluenza' teen Ethan Couch

She was on the phone with her mother Marla at the time who was close to the scene and heard the exact moment her daughter was hit and killed

The first person Marla saw at the scene was a drunk Ethan, who said; 'You don’t want to go that way. There’s nothing good happening over there'

She then began to look for her daughter, and eventually found her body, saying that 'her legs were gone'

During the trial Ethan's father Fred approached both Marla and her mother asking for forgiveness

He also attempted to get a photo op with Marla she claims, trying to hug her while three cameras waited nearby in the hallway one day

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tried-stage-photo-op-trial.html#ixzz3x6g4htPl

Yes, he is. There's some thought to move his case to adult court, which might happen.

There is supposed to be a hearing next week on the 19th. Prosecutors will ask for Ethan's case to be moved to adult court. I used the word supposed, because it seems that everything in this case that can go wrong does go wrong.

Yeap. Which is where we get the question from - was this 2 adults travelling together or was it an adult travelling as a guardian of a juvenile who was on probation? What is his actual status?

Not sure if it actually impacts on her case, but it still intrigues me.

I'm not sure if it impacts her case either, but both were adults, traveling as adults. It's the same as if a man needs getaway help, and his girlfriend provides it. I think that's the legal status. But there is always the human element involved in perceiving things, and this case may be perceived as worse because of the history between them, as mother and over protected son.

But legally, she's not more responsible for him than a close adult friend. That person would also be guilty of "hindering apprehension of a felon" for knowingly providing transportation and finances to escape.

May vary by jurisdiction. My son's friend called him (my son) to come pick up his car after he was pulled over and arrested for DWI in Austin. I can't recall if he had to be there before the officers left or not but he drove the car to our house, i.e., it was not towed.
You may be right, sounds like it goes by jurisdiction. In my state, I believe they tow the vehicle unless someone is right there and able to drive it.
Thanks.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I keep thinking I'm going to read here on WS that TC has gone missing already.
My cleaning lady and I were discussing her making bond and being free and we both said "She'll leave again" and then we said "Or commit suicide". She will NOT be locked up in prison for a prison term because to be so would be worse than being dead in her mind.
She's not mentally incompetent to stand trial. I consider her to have almost exactly the same personality disorders as Casey Anthony. She "probably" has aged past the point of Casey's hypersexuality, but otherwise, I believe they are extremely similar. Personality disorders ruin other peoples' lives. Ditto for her son and husband. They are a family of sociopaths, IMO. Divorce between the parents will NOT change the dynamics of each person- sociopathic traits, all three of them.

I wish so much they would move to another state so I won't have to hear about them with every_single_newscast or see her hideous face and his smirk.
I understand that the murder by vehicle of 4 innocent people is an atrocity and so was the sentence the judge handed down, but that's not what media are focusing on. They have left the core issue and are focusing on the Mexican escapade and its consequences, which in no way can ever be as important as the main reason these horrible people are a topic of discussion.

I've signed the MADD petition. I hope each of you will.

My cleaning lady and I were discussing her making bond and being free and we both said "She'll leave again" and then we said "Or commit suicide". She will NOT be locked up in prison for a prison term because to be so would be worse than being dead in her mind.
She's not mentally incompetent to stand trial. I consider her to have almost exactly the same personality disorders as Casey Anthony. She "probably" has aged past the point of Casey's hypersexuality, but otherwise, I believe they are extremely similar. Personality disorders ruin other peoples' lives. Ditto for her son and husband. They are a family of sociopaths, IMO. Divorce between the parents will NOT change the dynamics of each person- sociopathic traits, all three of them.

I wish so much they would move to another state so I won't have to hear about them with every_single_newscast or see her hideous face and his smirk.
I understand that the murder by vehicle of 4 innocent people is an atrocity and so was the sentence the judge handed down, but that's not what media are focusing on. They have left the core issue and are focusing on the Mexican escapade and its consequences, which in no way can ever be as important as the main reason these horrible people are a topic of discussion.

I've signed the MADD petition. I hope each of you will.

I've thought about the suicide angle also. In her own mind she is above any law & one way or another she will refuse to be held accountable.

I also signed the MADD petition.

I'm behind but I know for sure that if you are arrested for DUI in the US on are on public road or property, the cops have your vehicle towed and you foot the bill. FWIW

Well, I stand by what I posted. That was about 13 years ago in California. The guy was arrested, and in jail for three weeks, and they took his drivers license away. When he got out, he asked me to go and get his car for him. I found the car still in a public city owned parking lot with about a dozen parking tickets on it.

Arrests and towing cars are two separate issues.

I think the bigger point here, with the towing conversation, is the question of whether she still retains possession of her truck, and whether it's believable that she doesn't know what happened to it.

I think it's clear - and the judge seems to believe her - that she doesn't know where her truck, her passport or even her driver's license have been taken.

You may be right, sounds like it goes by jurisdiction. In my state, I believe they tow the vehicle unless someone is right there and able to drive it.
Thanks.

You are right. The car may be impounded, but not always does that happen.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-can-happen-to-your-vehicle-after-dui

What happens to your vehicle after arrest
Upon an arrest for DUI, the police may impound your vehicle. If the police do not impound your vehicle upon your arrest, a family member or friend can drive the vehicle home for you.
The officer may permit you to call someone to pick up the vehicle, or the officer may move the vehicle to a nearby legal parking spot. However, in some states, such as Washington State, impoundment is mandatory upon arrest for DUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper