GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think there will be too much leniency this time for EC. Hold him yesterday as an adult.

At least, I hope he doesn't get his way. If so, bye bye that county. jmo

This boy needs some hard time to reflect. He may be too far to cure the affluenza though.

Where are the reports from Mexico City about his stay. lol

From what I understand is that legally thier hands are tied to the juvenile court system and what can be done. Everything that he has done so far will fall under juvenile court laws. I don't think its a matter of being lenient it is a matter of juvenile law. Once it is changed over to adult court and he has a parole violation he can get major jail time. I have no doubt he will violate adult probation, and will be locked up for a long time. My prayer is that he doesn't hurt or kill anyone when he violates.

From what I understand is that legally thier hands are tied to the juvenile court system and what can be done. Everything that he has done so far will fall under juvenile court laws. I don't think its a matter of being lenient it is a matter of juvenile law. Once it is changed over to adult court and he has a parole violation he can get major jail time. I have no doubt he will violate adult probation, and will be locked up for a long time. My prayer is that he doesn't hurt or kill anyone when he violates.

Then public was lied to. The authorities were saying back when he was sentenced to probation that if he violates it, he would get some serious prison time. Now turns out it wasn't true. If he stays in Mexico until he is 19, he can't get any jail time at all? What is the point of giving a juvenile 10 years probation then?

Yes, that is right...and it is being sneaky. It will not take him long though to be in trouble again. If I am right, he still will be on probation for about 8 more years...no drinking was one rule, going to parties with liquor wad another and I think no driving. I will see if I can find ant info. If anyone can find it faster please post his probation rules. Thanks.

Somebody could get hurt again if he violates his probation again. Seems like they should be able to punish him for the violations he already done. Otherwise I fail to see what is the point of sentencing a juvenile to years of probation.

Then public was lied to. The authorities were saying back when he was sentenced to probation that if he violates it, he would get some serious prison time. Now turns out it wasn't true. If he stays in Mexico until he is 19, he can't get any jail time at all? What is the point of giving a juvenile 10 years probation then?

The point of it is to let a rich kid off scot-free.

The point of it is to let a rich kid off scot-free.

I presume he isn't the only juvenile on probation. I really don't understand the logic of sentencing a juvenile to probation then, if nothing can be done after juvenile turns 19. So if he managed not to violate until he turned 19 (and we know he couldn't even manage that), would that mean he would have been off probation? I just don't get these laws.

Yes, that is right...and it is being sneaky. It will not take him long though to be in trouble again. If I am right, he still will be on probation for about 8 more years...no drinking was one rule, going to parties with liquor wad another and I think no driving. I will see if I can find ant info. If anyone can find it faster please post his probation rules. Thanks.

Teen sentenced to 10 years probation, rehab in 4 deaths | The Star-Telegram

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article3839368.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has more detail:

Ethan Couch sentenced to unspecified amount of rehab in crash that killed 4, injured 2 | Dallas Morning News
[...]
Boyd ordered Couch to be placed in a lock-down residential treatment center for an undisclosed amount of time and at his parents’ expense. Couch’s father had offered to foot the bill for a $450,000-a-year treatment center near Newport Beach, Calif., but it was unclear whether that’s where Couch will go.

Couch cannot drive, drink alcohol or use drugs during his probation. If he violates the terms, he could be sentenced to up to 10 years behind bars, according to the Tarrant County district attorney’s office.

[...]

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...of-rehab-in-crash-that-killed-4-injured-2.ece

This has more detail:

Ethan Couch sentenced to unspecified amount of rehab in crash that killed 4, injured 2 | Dallas Morning News
[...]
Boyd ordered Couch to be placed in a lock-down residential treatment center for an undisclosed amount of time and at his parents’ expense. Couch’s father had offered to foot the bill for a $450,000-a-year treatment center near Newport Beach, Calif., but it was unclear whether that’s where Couch will go.

Couch cannot drive, drink alcohol or use drugs during his probation. If he violates the terms, he could be sentenced to up to 10 years behind bars, according to the Tarrant County district attorney’s office.

[...]

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...of-rehab-in-crash-that-killed-4-injured-2.ece

As it turns out, if he violated the terms, they would have to transfer his probation in adult court. If judge agrees to transfer probation to adult court, he has to violate it again before he can be sentenced to years in prison (at least that's what they are saying now, who knows if that is even true).
Sounds like he is getting yet another chance to get off scott free.

As it turns out, if he violated the terms, they would have to transfer his probation in adult court. If judge agrees to transfer probation to adult court, he has to violate it again before he can be sentenced to years in prison (at least that's what they are saying now, who knows if that is even true).
Sounds like he is getting yet another chance to get off scott free.

I'm not sure anyone knows what or what not the law can do. It just depends on how EC's attorneys can twist the law.:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

I'm not sure anyone knows what or what not the law can do. It just depends on how EC's attorneys can twist the law.:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

The attorneys don't get to decide. It's the judges.

The attorneys don't get to decide. It's the judges.

Respectfully, what the judge decides could depend on how Ethan's attorneys twist the law & use any & all loopholes they can find. So far they have been able to outfox justice.

This has more detail:

[...]

[...]

Thanks for posting this. I found it late last night anf just got to the lap top, cannot cut and post from ipad.

I so not think he can be a good adult for the next 8 years unless he under goes some real in depth therapy, which IMO will not happen. I just pray no one ever gets hurt by him.

Thanks for posting this. I found it late last night anf just got to the lap top, cannot cut and post from ipad.

I so not think he can be a good adult for the next 8 years unless he under goes some real in depth therapy, which IMO will not happen. I just pray no one ever gets hurt by him.

If he gets turned loose, I get to drive on the same Tarrant Co. roadways as he does. I'm NOT looking forward to it!

I can't view without a subscription -- others here may have the same problem... :(

A Keller teenager who pleaded guilty to driving drunk and causing collisions that killed four people in June was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years probation.

State District Judge Jean Boyd ordered the 16-year-old to receive therapy at a long-term, in-patient facility. He will stay in Tarrant County juvenile detention until the juvenile probation department prepares a report about possible treatment programs.

If the teen violates the terms of his probation, he could be sent to prison for 10 years.

Prosecutors had asked that the youth be sentenced to 20 years in a state lockup.

Defense attorneys recommended a lengthy probationary term at a rehabilitation facility near Newport Beach, Calif., that can cost more than $450,000 a year. Attorneys said the teen’s parents would pay for the therapy.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article3839368.html#storylink=cpy

As a child, he had to make adult decisions, Miller said. He had a motorcycle when he was 4 or 5 and was driving large pickups at 13, Miller said. The teen was a high school graduate at 16, but could not say where he went to school, where he went to church and had no friends, Miller said.

His parents never taught him the things that good parents teach children, Miller said.

“He never learned that sometimes you don’t get your way,” Miller said. “He had the cars and he had the money. He had freedoms that no young man would be able to handle.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article3839368.html#storylink=cpy

As a child, he had to make adult decisions, Miller said. He had a motorcycle when he was 4 or 5 and was driving large pickups at 13, Miller said. The teen was a high school graduate at 16, but could not say where he went to school, where he went to church and had no friends, Miller said.

His parents never taught him the things that good parents teach children, Miller said.

“He never learned that sometimes you don’t get your way,” Miller said. “He had the cars and he had the money. He had freedoms that no young man would be able to handle.”

This reminds me of felon Casey Anthony, blaming everything on her father, abuse, and he went along with it. Now EC's parents are taking the blame, they should, but like FCA, he walked free and still took no responsibility. Defense lawyers stradegy.

These parents obviously did a horrendous job raising him. But he is now an adult. Obviously it doesn't look like he learned anything. And I mean, how could he? Whatever he does, he keeps getting slap on the wrist. A judge behaved the same way his parents did, giving him probation instead of some serious prison time for killing four people while drunk driving. So, again, he figured out if he had money there was no consequences for bad, criminal behavior.
Rather obviously he needs to pay some serious consequences in order to learn anything, but so far this ain't happening.

These parents obviously did a horrendous job raising him. But he is now an adult. Obviously it doesn't look like he learned anything. And I mean, how could he? Whatever he does, he keeps getting slap on the wrist. A judge behaved the same way his parents did, giving him probation instead of some serious prison time for killing four people while drunk driving. So, again, he figured out if he had money there was no consequences for bad, criminal behavior.
Rather obviously he needs to pay some serious consequences in order to learn anything, but so far this ain't happening.

I don't feel comfortable predicting what kind of consequences he might pay regarding judicial justice for his victims & their families. However I do predict that if he is turned loose in the world he will eventually self destruct. The only question is how many innocent lives he will destroy in the process of self destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper