GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has more detail:

Ethan Couch sentenced to unspecified amount of rehab in crash that killed 4, injured 2 | Dallas Morning News
[...]
Boyd ordered Couch to be placed in a lock-down residential treatment center for an undisclosed amount of time and at his parents’ expense. Couch’s father had offered to foot the bill for a $450,000-a-year treatment center near Newport Beach, Calif., but it was unclear whether that’s where Couch will go.

Couch cannot drive, drink alcohol or use drugs during his probation. If he violates the terms, he could be sentenced to up to 10 years behind bars, according to the Tarrant County district attorney’s office.

[...]

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...of-rehab-in-crash-that-killed-4-injured-2.ece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, what kind of rehab costs 450k a YEAR? I think we all know very few ' rehabs' work regardless of the cost. That sounds like club med with afternoon ' group therapy' where they talk about how much they blew on drugs and alcohol and made new rich contacts to party with when they get out. The rest of the time they get massages and lay by the pool and drink ' virgin' pina coladas.

After after daddy spend all this money on rehab, baby boy still couldn't manage not to violate probation. I don't think anyone is surprised by that, though. It sounds to me he was fighting deportation so he could stay in Mexico until he is 19. Then he can't even get his 120 days in US jail.

These parents obviously did a horrendous job raising him. But he is now an adult. Obviously it doesn't look like he learned anything. And I mean, how could he? Whatever he does, he keeps getting slap on the wrist. A judge behaved the same way his parents did, giving him probation instead of some serious prison time for killing four people while drunk driving. So, again, he figured out if he had money there was no consequences for bad, criminal behavior.
Rather obviously he needs to pay some serious consequences in order to learn anything, but so far this ain't happening.

I agree. can't wait to see his"strawberry blonde" roots growing in during his next PERP WALK back to Texas, USA:shame: If he get's a court - appointed lawyer, in Texas, we'll know dad's PO'D.:moo:

Honestly, what kind of rehab costs 450k a YEAR? I think we all know very few ' rehabs' work regardless of the cost. That sounds like club med with afternoon ' group therapy' where they talk about how much they blew on drugs and alcohol and made new rich contacts to party with when they get out. The rest of the time they get massages and lay by the pool and drink ' virgin' pina coladas.

And this one also had "Equine Therapy" -- for those who like horseback riding and such.... Your description of it was not too far off the mark. SMH

I agree. can't wait to see his"strawberry blonde" roots growing in during his next PERP WALK back to Texas, USA:shame: If he get's a court - appointed lawyer, in Texas, we'll know dad's PO'D.:moo:

I think that as long as daddy C has money, he'll keep paying. If for no other reason than to keep EC from opening the door to dad's skeleton storage closet. IMO.

:cow:

I think that as long as daddy C has money, he'll keep paying. If for no other reason than to keep EC from opening the door to dad's skeleton storage closet. IMO.

:cow:

Ya lol.....I bet that closet is full of nasty little secrets......Lord knows what will fall out Lol!

And we wait to see when he comes back, maybe just before his next hearing, so he does not have to serve ina US jail. If he comes out of Mexican jail round and well looking we know daddy's money was involved.

And we wait to see what happens with mommy dearest. How long will she beable to abide by rules set on her.

And the victims and famiies continue to suffer.

And this one also had "Equine Therapy" -- for those who like horseback riding and such.... Your description of it was not too far off the mark. SMH

Equine therapy does not involve actually riding the horses.

Equine therapy does not involve actually riding the horses.

Actually it involves horseback riding and other activities.

"What are the equine-related activities for therapeutic purposes? The activities are not limited to horseback riding. Many students may feel intimidated by the horse’s size and features and may take some time to develop trust when around the horse. So included in the therapy program are lessons on horse care, horse grooming, saddling and basic equestrian."
http://www.equestriantherapy.com/

Actually it involves horseback riding and other activities.

"What are the equine-related activities for therapeutic purposes? The activities are not limited to horseback riding. Many students may feel intimidated by the horse’s size and features and may take some time to develop trust when around the horse. So included in the therapy program are lessons on horse care, horse grooming, saddling and basic equestrian."
http://www.equestriantherapy.com/

the other poster might be thinking of the kind of equine therapy that they do with autistic children to get them used to sitting on the animals and for physical therapy for posture...

This reminds me of felon Casey Anthony, blaming everything on her father, abuse, and he went along with it. Now EC's parents are taking the blame, they should, but like FCA, he walked free and still took no responsibility. Defense lawyers stradegy.

I recall George Anthony denying/testifying No to any abuse towards Casey. Casey's LIES. She hides from the public still. And just like Tonya, Cindy should have faced :jail: time.:moo: I wonder if Ethan is coming back because he's not getting the "Affuenza" treatment. Daddy not paying enough or US Fed. agency won't let him have "Affuenza" treatment? He's either going to stay sober once he's back and on GPS, or get busted drinking again, his choice. :moo:

ETA: Not sure if he'll be allowed to live where his Mommy lives.:thinking::eek: Poor DIL

I recall George Anthony denying/testifying No to any abuse towards Casey. Casey's LIES. She hides from the public still. And just like Tonya, Cindy should have faced :jail: time.:moo: I wonder if Ethan is coming back because he's not getting the "Affuenza" treatment. Daddy not paying enough or US Fed. agency won't let him have "Affuenza" treatment? He's either going to stay sober once he's back and on GPS, or get busted drinking again, his choice. :moo:

ETA: Not sure if he'll be allowed to live where his Mommy lives.:thinking::eek: Poor DIL

Actually, I'm not sure Ethan is coming back. I will believe it when I see it & I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for the post. I guarantee you that this is very close to how it goes in a place like that IMO.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Oh, now that is a thought...not being able to live where mommy is. They feed off each other. Maybe dad will take him or buy him a condo to have a permanent address. I do not think mom would not like her son not around, that could 'break' her.

Well the end of the week might get interesting.......

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ays-he-could-return-to-u-s-by-weeks-end.html/

although it says Tarrant County has not received official confirmation yet.....

I too fail to understand how it is 10 years probation, if it ends when he turns 19. Then it's really only 3 years probation he received for killing 4 people!!! :jail:Why shouldn't this probation at least extend into adulthood, when he is 26- that would be a true 10 years, and we all know he'll drink and drive again.

I'm not getting my hopes up. This case has had more twists & turns than a snake trail. If he does come back, I'm guessing daddy didn't pay enough money for EC to be housed in the penthouse of the detention center.

I'm not getting my hopes up. This case has had more twists & turns than a snake trail. If he does come back, I'm guessing daddy didn't pay enough money for EC to be housed in the penthouse of the detention center.
Yeah, that's why he wants to come back now. He didn't get to ride horses, sip margaritas on the beach, and have the lights turned out at night!

I too fail to understand how it is 10 years probation, if it ends when he turns 19. Then it's really only 3 years probation he received for killing 4 people!!! :jail:Why shouldn't this probation at least extend into adulthood, when he is 26- that would be a true 10 years, and we all know he'll drink and drive again.

I'm with you. This entire story is beyond comprehension. I have no qualms in saying I think the judge took a bribe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper