GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep talking about him spending time in the 450K rehab facility. It has already been documented that he didn't end up going there. He went to a state run facility in Texas that was largely paid for by the state. His parents only chipped in a pittance. It was better than he deserved, but it wasn't the luxury resort initially described.

That's what I understood as well -- His parents were looking at a rehab in or near Newport, CA, which was an expensive country-club like place for teens, and the fees boiled down to $1,000.00/day with a minimum stay of 45 days, BUT he did not go there, as you said. And the place he did go, IIRC, was a state-run facility very unlike the place in CA. I don't recall how long he stayed there. IMO, it didn't seem to help...

I agree, the term got a lot of people talking , but even without the term, the idea that he got probation for being too rich and spoiled would have gotten some attention nationwide. But folks in DFW Tx knew about this case long before affluenza was used.

Agreed. I certainly think he would have gotten attention -- lots of it -- even if the "affluenza" word had not been said at all/ever -- after the verdict. Someone who drives drunk, with two friends in the back of the truck, whose driving puts one person in the back of that truck in a comatose state for probably the rest of his life, and who kills four pedestrians and gets a sentence of probation only would certainly make the news, IMHO.

I agree, the term got a lot of people talking , but even without the term, the idea that he got probation for being too rich and spoiled would have gotten some attention nationwide. But folks in DFW Tx knew about this case long before affluenza was used.

Maybe folks in Dallas did, that's true.

But from what I've read all along, his sentence of 10 years of probation was not an unusual sentence for a teen drunk driver causing serious injury or death.

Who knows?????? I'm sure it never occurred to him that the family & friends of his victims are lonely for their loved ones. If he indeed said that he wanted to come home because he was lonely, it just goes to show how twisted & evil his mind is.

He is also just plain selfish, spoiled, and immature. SMH. Grrrrrr.

I just heard on CNN the lonely one is on his way back. Almost time for the PERP WALK!!:happydance:

Let's hope all the discussions between the judges as to what to do has happened, and the harshest punishment awaits this brat!

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Affluenza-Teen-on-AeroMexico-Flight-to-Dallas-366847611.html

Video of EC leaving the Mexico detention center & also at the airport. The plane is scheduled to land at DFW at 11 am.

No restraints of any kind that I could see. The PD did not even hold onto him. I know, where could he run to, but normally I see some one holding an arm, or handcuffs.

I also noticed his hair is still dark...i do not see any light colored red hair roots showing from other pictures showing him getting moved today. Will be interested to see him on US land, new mug shot.

Ethan is now wearing nice shiny bracelets as he is marched through DFW airport.:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Link to Dallas Fox 4 with info and video of his return. Here are some highlights from the article

http://www.fox4news.com/news/82945726-story

He doesn't have a right to a bond or a bail, he doesn't have a right to a bond reduction like his mother did, he does have a right to a detention hearing," Loftin said.

Couch will immediately have a detention hearing. The judge will decide whether he'll stay there or be held at the Tarrant County jail. The judge will also decide how long he'll be held, and under what conditions.

The first matter to be addressed will be Couch's skipping a meeting with his juvenile probation officer last December, and fleeing to Mexico with his mother.

Couch's next, and probably most important, court date is scheduled for Feb. 19. That's when the Tarrant County DA will ask a judge to transfer his case to the adult court system. The DA and Couch's attorneys expect the judge to agree. Couch could then face adult rules, and adult consequences for breaking them.

If he's given an adult sentence, Couch could receive as much as 120 days in jail or as little as probation. That sentence cannot begin until April 11, when he turns 19. His time served in Mexico would not count.

If they don't move his case to adult court, they are even more stupid than they have been so far.

No restraints of any kind that I could see. The PD did not even hold onto him. I know, where could he run to, but normally I see some one holding an arm, or handcuffs.

I also noticed his hair is still dark...i do not see any light colored red hair roots showing from other pictures showing him getting moved today. Will be interested to see him on US land, new mug shot.

I didn't notice any light roots and I looked for them. But I noticed the black hair and stashe , short beard, makes him look older. He needs to man up and stay away from his Momma.

I guess Ethan didn't like Mexican jail.

Whatever the court decides, I sure hope he and his mom get sober (and his dad if applicable) and they get some intensive counseling. Otherwise, history is just gonna repeat itself with more unhealthy outcomes. I really do hope he can overcome his issues.

Off topic a bit...does media not realize we want info on EC and other trials....too much on debates....just saying IMO :gaah:

In his press conference Sheriff Dee Anderson said that the hearing determining on where Ethan Couch will be imprisoned (or possibly released with a monitor) must be held within 24 hours of his return. Since the hearing will be in juvenile court, his parents must be notified prior to the hearing. I wonder if they (the parents) will stall once again & say they weren't notified? It worked the first time, so why not again????? I don't trust any of the Couches as far as I can throw them!! They always seem to be 1 step ahead of the law. Absolutely sickening!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper