GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My...............I want to preface this by saying that my hearing is not the best in the world & I hope I didn't just hear what I think I heard. nbcdfw 5 pm news just stated (I think) that EC's attorney said that EC said that he had not been mistreated in Mexico, but that he wanted to come back to Texas
because he was lonely.

Oh My...............I want to preface this by saying that my hearing is not the best in the world & I hope I didn't just hear what I think I heard. nbcdfw 5 pm news just stated (I think) that EC's attorney said that EC said that he had not been mistreated in Mexico, but that he wanted to come back to Texas
because he was lonely.

:rolleyes: :boohoo: :doh: :moo:

People keep talking about him spending time in the 450K rehab facility. It has already been documented that he didn't end up going there. He went to a state run facility in Texas that was largely paid for by the state. His parents only chipped in a pittance. It was better than he deserved, but it wasn't the luxury resort initially described.

People keep talking about him spending time in the 450K rehab facility. It has already been documented that he didn't end up going there. He went to a state run facility in Texas that was largely paid for by the state. His parents only chipped in a pittance. It was better than he deserved, but it wasn't the luxury resort initially described.

Always, with a case like this that garners public hate, there is complete misinformation. Always. I didn't see this much hate directed toward that pig farmer that was a mass murderer who tossed the bodies in the pig sty to be eaten by pigs.

Had the psychologist testifying on his behalf hadn't used the term "affluenza", which took the media by storm, none of us would have heard of Ethan Couch to this day, escape to Mexico and all.

because he was lonely.

Lonely for Mommy??

Always, with a case like this that garners public hate, there is complete misinformation. Always. I didn't see this much hate directed toward that pig farmer that was a mass murderer who tossed the bodies in the pig sty to be eaten by pigs.

Had the psychologist testifying on his behalf hadn't used the term "affluenza", which took the media by storm, none of us would have heard of Ethan Couch to this day, escape to Mexico and all.

I agree, the term got a lot of people talking , but even without the term, the idea that he got probation for being too rich and spoiled would have gotten some attention nationwide. But folks in DFW Tx knew about this case long before affluenza was used.

Actually, I'm not sure Ethan is coming back. I will believe it when I see it & I'm not holding my breath.

Exactly my feelings -- I'll believe it when I see it. I hope we'll see it... :D

I dont know if there is a Texas lawyer on here to answer this, but what I understood from previous posts, the original sentencing was 10 years probation starting as a juvenile that would carry him into adult hood. No drinking, being around alcholol, no driving and no drugs. When he turns 18, his status changes to adult. Since he served 2 years probation as a juvenile, still has to serve the remaining 8 as an adult. Since he violated his juvenile probation, he will have to serve remaining time in jail until 18. Then gets another chance but if he messes up probation as an adult, it is jail time, still no alcohol, drugs, driving. The time he would then serve depends on the Judge. I think he might have to serve 40 years for the killing of victims.

There were articles and posts on this some time back on WS. I will search tomorrow when I am on lap top unless someone beats me to it...ipad does not work for cut/paste.

I did ask my friend whose son had the almost same sentence, also from juvenile to adult, for accumulation of drugs, unpaid speeding tickets...no killing or hurting anyone. This was in Kansas. He only had to do a 5 year sentence.

The TX prosecution wants him transferred ASAP to adult probation so there is no break in the case and they can keep track of him. They do not trust him IMO.

I would hope he gets a pretty GPS for the next 8 years, but I dont't think he will make it.

I do not know if he will beable to see or be with his mom during this time...have to wait to see what she is charged with...and his sentence and new probation.

Any lawyers to correct this? I tried to answer best I could as it appeared some members thought he was off scott free after 18, he is not.

He is already 18. There is no time remaining for him to spend in jail until he is 18.

Lonely for Mommy??

Who knows?????? I'm sure it never occurred to him that the family & friends of his victims are lonely for their loved ones. If he indeed said that he wanted to come home because he was lonely, it just goes to show how twisted & evil his mind is.

The latest from nbcdfw broadcast news. It is not known exactly what day EC will be brought back to Tarrant Co. The broadcast did say that he would be accompanied by Mexican officials to DFW airport where he will be handed over to the U.S. Marshal's Service. They in turn, will take him to Fort Worth where he will be turned over to the sheriff's department.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca.../ethan-couch-headed-back-north-texas/79402348

Please pay specific attention to the last paragraph in this article. "Whenever Couch returns a hearing must be held within a calendar day. Because it's a juvenile, his parents & attorneys have to be notified before it takes place." This, as I understand it, is a hearing before a juvenile judge to determine if Ethan will continue to be held in juvenile detention or transferred to the adult jail. The hearing on Feb. 19th is to determine if he will be transferred to the adult division to serve out his time on adult probation.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I sure hope that LE has all their ducks lined up in a row.

First Post

Feb 4 2014 sentence for Ethan Couch

This is the link and part of the article for the original sentencing. Two more posts to follow

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...of-rehab-in-crash-that-killed-4-injured-2.ece

Boyd ordered Couch to be placed in a lock-down residential treatment center for an undisclosed amount of time and at his parents’ expense. Couch’s father had offered to foot the bill for a $450,000-a-year treatment center near Newport Beach, Calif., but it was unclear whether that’s where Couch will go.

Couch cannot drive, drink alcohol or use drugs during his probation. If he violates the terms, he could be sentenced to up to 10 years behind bars, according to the Tarrant County district attorney’s office.

Post 2

this is what can happen to NC since he messed up on probation. the link and part of the article

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...0-a-m-news-conference-in-tarrant-county.html/

Once Couch steps on U.S soil, several different scenarios could play out.

Texas law allows the juvenile judge to keep the case in his court — and allow Couch to go free after serving time in a detention facility until his 19th birthday in April, Wilson said.

Or the judge could hand Couch’s file to the adult court system, in which a criminal district judge could sentence him up to 120 days in jail. In this scenario, the district judge would supervise him for the rest of his probation.

But, if he violates any terms while on adult probation, he could be sent to jail for up to 40 years.

But because Couch is an adult who is being overseen by the juvenile system, there are several complications. He was 16 at the time of the crash and was still considered a juvenile in court when authorities say he skipped his probation check-in.

Post 3

This was interesting...it comes from Wiki...a few things here that I did not know

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Couch

He was illegally driving on a restricted license and speeding, lost control...

charged with four counts of intoxication manslaughter and two counts of intoxication assault...

Judge Boyd instead sentenced Couch to an unspecified lock down rehabilitation facility where his parents will pay; the time Couch will have to stay there was also unspecified. Couch was ordered to stay away from drugs, alcohol and driving. A hearing on April 11, 2014, revealed that on February 19, 2014, Couch began treatment "at the North Texas State Hospital, a state-owned in-patient mental health facility" in Vernon, Texas. Although the daily rate for the treatment facility is $715, Couch's parents were ordered to pay $1,170 per month for his stay there, based on the state's sliding-scale payment schedule. The amount ordered is the maximum allowed on the payment schedule. Couch's parents promised in court to pay the requested fee for their son's treatment.[23]

Post 1 is the original sentencing

Post 2 and 4 what can happen once he is on US soil and the fact he has to be transferred to adult court before his 19th
birthday

Post 3 is about his rehab...it was a state facility, his parents had to pay a small amount $1,175.00 a month compared to the actual cost per day of $715.00. His dad in post1 said he was willing to pay for the $450,00.00 a year facility, so IMO he should have paid the full $715.00 a day.

I cannot find anywhere how long NC was at the state facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper