GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok folks, I MAY have had a revelation that answers my own question. Suppose officials are worried about security during a transfer to adult jail? Maybe one of these mornings we will wake up & it is announced that the judge has ruled that EC goes to adult lockup & is, in fact, already there. If they move him in the middle of the night unannounced there will be no security concerns. After all, this is Texas & vigilante justice is not totally unheard of. This case IS a very emotional one.

I agree, they may move him in the middle of the night and the Judge's ruling will appear the next day (maybe). This also gives EC no reason to think he is special...with all the media and cameras. It may be normal to move in the middle of the night for security.

I think the Judge wanted to triple check all laws etc., before deciding to move EC to adult jail. It is easier to say "make a decision later in the day' then try and correct a big mistake and EC gets to walk out free. We don't want that.

EC got the hearing within 24 hours, per law and that was the important thing for abiding by the law. EC is kept locked up somehow and that is important to everyone but EC and his family.

We will have to wait and see what unfolds.

I bet, EC will have his hearing first in Feb., then mom will have some sort of hearing again, especially if she messes up, then dad has court in March. Very interesting next few months.

I wonder what the sentence for impersonating an officer is? Dad has priors, even if not real huge, they are priors.

There really is no place for EC to go...no mom, no dad, no siblings as I don't think the sister would/could take him. He would be just as hard to control as his mom. Confinement is the best place.

Boy, FC, could be in trouble...The entire family may be in jail at the same time. I wonder if they realize how serious this really is. Nope, NIMO.

-------------------------------------------------------
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/8/37/37.11

(a) A person commits an offense if he:

(1) impersonates a public servant with intent to induce another to submit to his pretended official authority or to rely on his pretended official acts; or

(2) knowingly purports to exercise any function of a public servant or of a public office, including that of a judge and court, and the position or office through which he purports to exercise a function of a public servant or public office has no lawful existence under the constitution or laws of this state or of the United States.

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994; Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 189, Sec. 7, eff. May 21, 1997.

- See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/8/37/37.11#sthash.scVxvSeJ.dpuf

------------------------------------------------------

Link and some info on impersonation of a police officer in TX

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/37.11....

"An offense under this section is a felony of the third
degree. "

Any penalty that goes with a third degree felony, including penalties for all felons (loss of right to vote, purchase a gun, etc)

Punishments for third degree felons:

"§ 12.34. THIRD DEGREE FELONY PUNISHMENT.

(a) An individual adjudged guilty of a felony of the third degree shall be punished by imprisonment in the institutional division for any term of not more than 10 years or less than 2 years.

(b) In addition to imprisonment, an individual adjudged guilty of a felony of the third degree may be punished by a fine not to exceed $10,000."

Let's hope the judge did not use scare tactics when informing EC that he could rule that EC go to big lock up!

Why would a judge assign him to juvenile detention and also tell about reassigning him to adult jail. The judge has had plenty of time to read up on the laws, prior cases, talk with peers, and make a decision before court today.

Boy, FC, could be in trouble...The entire family may be in jail at the same time. I wonder if they realize how serious this really is. Nope, NIMO.

-------------------------------------------------------
http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/8/37/37.11

(a) A person commits an offense if he:

(1) impersonates a public servant with intent to induce another to submit to his pretended official authority or to rely on his pretended official acts; or

(2) knowingly purports to exercise any function of a public servant or of a public office, including that of a judge and court, and the position or office through which he purports to exercise a function of a public servant or public office has no lawful existence under the constitution or laws of this state or of the United States.

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994; Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 189, Sec. 7, eff. May 21, 1997.

- See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/8/37/37.11#sthash.scVxvSeJ.dpuf

------------------------------------------------------

Link and some info on impersonation of a police officer in TX

http://law.onecle.com/texas/penal/37.11....

"An offense under this section is a felony of the third
degree. "

Any penalty that goes with a third degree felony, including penalties for all felons (loss of right to vote, purchase a gun, etc)

Punishments for third degree felons:

"§ 12.34. THIRD DEGREE FELONY PUNISHMENT.

(a) An individual adjudged guilty of a felony of the third degree shall be punished by imprisonment in the institutional division for any term of not more than 10 years or less than 2 years.

(b) In addition to imprisonment, an individual adjudged guilty of a felony of the third degree may be punished by a fine not to exceed $10,000."

Just goes to show Fred's sense of entitlement further. Now instead of thinking he's above the law- he thinks he is the law!!! The only other reason I've ever known of to impersonate an officer is for purpose of pulling over female drivers for nefarious purposes.

Interesting how his hair is still dark (even though his facial hair has grown out light in the other pic posted upthread). Did ec somehow manage to dye his hair in a Mexican jail? :dunno:

The thought of him being out in 120 days leaves me :stormingmad:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give his hair a few weeks and you'll see it coming out. I dye my greys with over-the-counter dyes and they typically only last 4-6 weeks if I am lucky- and use color-preserving shampoo. His beard and goatee were already starting to look orange/red. Scott Peterson went the opposite direction when he tried to flee to Mexico- from brunette to orange, and claimed it was pool chlorine when he got caught, LOL!!!! In neither case did hair dye work- it was obvious it was still them.

Wow, just WOW!! WFAA broadcast news just reported that the brother of the guy paralyzed in the wreck said today that he was going to wheel his comatose, paralyzed brother into the court room for the Feb. 19th hearing!! I hope he is allowed to & hope he does!! That should bring some stark reality into the courtroom. There will likely be a link a bit later at wfaa.com.

You can have all the money in the world and you can buy judges . But you cannot buy CLASS. Good lesson for all of us non billionaires. Class is free ! :)

Hmmmm. It looks like EC may have gone to the 30-G's/month Newport Academy.

He was charged with four counts of intoxication manslaughter and two counts of intoxication assault. His parents sent him to a treatment facility in California.

The center's director, Jamison Monroe Jr., told the AP that Couch "had no structure, no proper role models and definitely no boundaries" when he was growing up.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Before-Affluenza-Case-Couch-Family-Tangled-with-Law-366961291.html

bbm

Here is a link about Jamison Monroe, Jr. He speaks about himself and the Academy:

http://www.newportacademy.com/about/meet-our-staff/jamison-monroe-jr/

And here's info on the academy:

http://www.newportacademy.com/

Wow, just WOW!! WFAA broadcast news just reported that the brother of the guy paralyzed in the wreck said today that he was going to wheel his comatose, paralyzed brother into the court room for the Feb. 19th hearing!! I hope he is allowed to & hope he does!! That should bring some stark reality into the courtroom. There will likely be a link a bit later at wfaa.com.

I hope he does. The victims who survived are not mentioned as much in the headlines. He wrecked many, many lives.

God bless that guy, his brother and those whose lifes are forever changed by this a hole. I forget about them sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. It looks like EC may have gone to the 30-G's/month Newport Academy.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Before-Affluenza-Case-Couch-Family-Tangled-with-Law-366961291.html

bbm

Here is a link about Jamison Monroe, Jr. He speaks about himself and the Academy:

http://www.newportacademy.com/about/meet-our-staff/jamison-monroe-jr/

And here's info on the academy:

http://www.newportacademy.com/

Before anyone can be helped in any treatment facility they first have to acknowledge that they need help & accept the help that is offered. JMO, if there no desire for treatment & & no desire for help, it's all a waste of money. To this point Ethan has never acknowledged that he needs help. It's just all been "How the heck can I get out of this mess?"

Before anyone can be helped in any treatment facility they first have to acknowledge that they need help & accept the help that is offered. JMO, if there no desire for treatment & & no desire for help, it's all a waste of money. To this point Ethan has never acknowledged that he needs help. It's just all been "How the heck can I get out of this mess?"

And my dad can pay my way out.

Ok folks, I MAY have had a revelation that answers my own question. Suppose officials are worried about security during a transfer to adult jail? Maybe one of these mornings we will wake up & it is announced that the judge has ruled that EC goes to adult lockup & is, in fact, already there. If they move him in the middle of the night unannounced there will be no security concerns. After all, this is Texas & vigilante justice is not totally unheard of. This case IS a very emotional one.

Vigilante justice in Texas, never..

Couch with NOT be moved to adult jail at this time. The Judge took his time and researched, IMO. IF he sent EC to adult jail, then EC could have gotten BAIL!!! Rather see EC in detention for the next month. After that, we will have to see what happens when he is transferred to adult court.

Below is the link and the quote/statement about keeping him in j-detention.

http://www.newsweek.com/affluenza-teen-ethan-couch-texas-juvenile-detention-421124

Judge Timothy Menikos said he was considering a move to an adult prison for Couch. If that happens, he could be eligible for release on bail, court officials have said, adding that the bail option was not available to him in the juvenile system.

I usually start every morning going online to check out the latest local news while I'm drinking coffee & trying to wake up. This morning I got a surprise & I wonder if all the EC news hasn't soured judges & juries on the subject of DUI. A Weatherford (Parker Co) judge sentenced a man to life in prison for his 11th DUI. The man had never killed anyone or even had a wreck while driving drunk. In Plano, a 24 year old was sentenced to 75 years in prison because he was driving drunk, deliberately driving into a group of people & killing one. It was his first offense. If EC is declared an adult, he best abide by the terms of his probation or face some serious consequences.

Agreed. I certainly think he would have gotten attention -- lots of it -- even if the "affluenza" word had not been said at all/ever -- after the verdict. Someone who drives drunk, with two friends in the back of the truck, whose driving puts one person in the back of that truck in a comatose state for probably the rest of his life, and who kills four pedestrians and gets a sentence of probation only would certainly make the news, IMHO.

You make a good point about the other victims. We only ever hear about the four dead, but the most severely injured is suffering a worse fate imo. And his family has been forced into their own special brand of hell as well.

As long as the courtroom is open to the public, as all but a few are, he has every right to be there, as any of us do, seems to me. His paralyzed brother does not have a dog in this particular race, AFAIK -- he will merely be any other spectator...

JMHO

Ain't that the truth!

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members